Dual Speed Bits

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

I wanted to know how much faster does the bit go if you press the turbo button or the second speed button? and, if you press and hold so that the entire drive is in turbo, how much runtime would you have?

DaveF
      Participant

The Dual speed cars aren’t full speed and extra speed, they’re half speed and full speed for that engine with the booster. Without the booster on the transmitter simply pulses the ‘go forward’ command to the car.

For example, a 2.2 engine will run at around 1.1 speeds without the boost, and like a 2.2 with the boost on. Will full boost on all the time, you get the same run time as the same motor in a non-booster car.

It’s not so much a turbo, as a button to remove the choke.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

ah… after knowing that, I’m probably gonna go buy teh microsizers spart series instead of the pro series. I was thinking that on unboosted, it would run like a 2.2 with a 2.2 motor but with boost, it will get a sudden surge of volatage and go faster at about a 2.6 speed… thanks for clearing that up

DaveF
      Participant

The dual speeds are really nice. I wish all my cars were dual speed cars. You can put in a bugger engine, go flat stick along the straights, but then slow down for corners. This offers a lot more control.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I’m actually not going to race with my bit that much since most of my friends aren’t playing withbits or own any bits… I dunno. I want a new bit but choosing between the microsizer pro and sport editions is driving me nuts:angry:

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I forgot to mention that I only have a 2.2 and a 1.0 motor. I don’t know where I can buy a motor over 2.6 in Vancouver so… is dual speed right for me? After all, even with a 2.6, without the boost, it will drive like a 1.6 I was told

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Dude go with the 2 speed its well worth it even for controll not in racing. Its a pain to get up off your but to flip the car back over lol.

As for motors and other accessories you should really check out http://www.toyeast.com the shiping is alittle high but is not to bad if you make an ok size order.

I 2 am in canada and I can say that you are lucky to have ms in the stores by you. We have nothing but clones here and they are not cheap. I buy most my stuff from toyeast I just wait a month or so and get abunch of stuff.

If you want next time I make an order I can order in some motors or other stuff you might want for you then just ship to you that way its cheaper on shipping.

DaveF
      Participant

HLJ are another good site. Check the AusMicro link page for its address.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

voodoomafia, what region of Canada do you live in? and thanks for all the info anyways.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      voodoomafia, what region of Canada do you live in? and thanks for all the info anyways.

I am in Ontario dude

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.