e-maxx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi i am new to these forums well not really because i registered a while ago. I have two mini-z s and a bit char-g, but i have decided to go 1/10th so i am thinking of getting an e-maxx for $540 or something like that from tower hobbies. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had experience with an e-maxx or any electric monster truck for that matter being it 2wd or 4wd and if there are any additional charges ontop of the $540 like customs or duty or anything like that.

VR-4
      Participant

i got a e max a clodbuster with a ripper chassy a clodzilla 4 and soon to have monster gt.

e max is fast allmost as fast as the stock tmax pre 2.0 it handles nice and is allaround a nice truck for racing. me on the outher hand im into more of clods. i like there suspension how light the race chassys are and lets just face it there huge

my all time fav. 2wd monster truck is the stampeed it was my first truck and i love it. it was fast stock and you can make it really fast. it handled well and had enought ground clanrance for most offroad action.

tips the the maxx are dont get mod’s in it inless you cut down on cells and dump the stock esc. stock its fast enought i put 2 15 turn phantom handwounds in mine and used a novak gt1 esc and it gets hot but hasent melted yet but im only running 1 pack.

what i like about the maxx is at the flip of a button on your remote you got hi and low gears so that takes care of gearing.

at the moment in my free time im putting txt-1 gear boxs on my emaxx so it will have the clod like suspension` so far it coust $120 and i gotta lost more tweeking ta do bt new era is comeing out with a kit like the 1 im trying to make soon

Admin
      Participant

Cool i heard that the E-maxx was fast stock thats probably why I am getting one and that it is a good jumper, But does anyone know if there are any extra charges ontop of the $540 to get it into Australia like import duty or customs

VR-4
      Participant

get a duratrax pulse charger i think there $80usd but some can charge 2 batt’s at the same time.

peedee
      Participant

yeh i imported a e-maxx a while back from towerhobbies and i checked in the gift order box and i didnt have to pay any customs,

get the e-maxx from tower its definetly chaeper and im still running mine stock and its awesome its the best rc car/truck ive ever owned i like it better than my t-maxx 2.5

VR-4
      Participant

pee drop 2 15X2 phantom handwounds in it and see what it dus. just get a novak cyclone and only run 1 pack becouse 2 packs is just 2 much power with those mods.

i got codes that are like save $10 on a $24 or more order save $50 on a order of $120 or more.

4 months of entering random codes till some worked and it payed off. 🙂

Admin
      Participant

hi i own an e-maxx. they have all the maxx upgrades. i use it as a ‘all’ purpose truck. after i got used to maintaining it i got an xtm x-factor-2 i love this also. tuning was hard to put up w/, but it is a big SPEED than my stock e-maxx

leonli17
      Participant

Dude this thread is almost 4 years old……

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.