Electro’s Xmod

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      henal
      Participant

Hi guys I have been building this for some time now so I thought I may as well start a thread of it well it’s called Electro’s Xmod
      What is it?
      Well it will make a mini z run for it money but how can it it’s a crappy XMOD well you will see what goodies are Packed inside
      xmod1mn0.jpg
      What do you lot think of it so far?

UPDATE

I have nearly finished my XMOD it is fully GPM and its got hobby grade electronics I have given it a short run in a very small place so but could not get it to go full speed not even 1/2 throttle had to keep it as low as possible as I got a Jet -Dash in there which is Tamiya best mini 4wd motor and has 22 torque and its got neo magnets to give it even more torque to carry all the GPM

As for it running, it gives me a good run but I’m getting some major interferes (might be my battery in the transmitter or my RX) but other then that it turns good, I might try get a video of it but I haven’t got a big amount of space

Currently I have been working on making every thing nice and tidy and cut all the spare wire as almost every one who does a hobby grade XMOD always looks like every thing is jammed in there and nothing is tidy.

Well I think I stop talking and let the pictures do the rest, sorry I have’nt got pictures of all the electronics mounted but i will when I tidy thing up and i post some more pictures

Xmod2.jpg
      Xmod3.jpg
      Xmod4.jpg
      Xmod5.jpg
      Xmod6.jpg

UPDATE
      Ok guys got new pictures of the Final Electro’s XMOD with all the electronics and everything done to it since I have finished my XMOD I may as well add how much this little bugger would cost you bank account and to make every thing simple I will list all the modifications with there price printed on the side

GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Cup Joint Shaft Set – Front $14.99 =£8
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Cup Joint Shaft Set – Rear $14.99 =£8
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Driveshaft Supports $12.99 =£7
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Front A-Arms $16.99 =£9
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Front AWD Axles $9.99 =£5
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Front Towers $13.99 =£7
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Heat Sink and Rear Motor Mount $15.99 =£8
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Knuckle Set $15.99 =£8
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Rear Arms $19.99 =£10
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Rear Towers $14.99 =£8
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Shocks $8.99 =£5
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Shocks $8.99 =£5
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Front Upper Deck $9.99 =£5
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Rear Upper Deck $12.99 =£7
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Tie-rod $9.99 =£5
      GPM XMOD Gen1 Billet Aluminium Rear Wheel Axles $8.50 =£5
      Xmods Blue Aluminium Nylock Wheel Nuts =£3
      Xmods Blue GPM Alloy Centre Shaft $5.00 =£3

XMOD Gen1 3x6x2.5mm Shielded Stainless Steel Bearings $8.99 =£5

Custom Carbon Fibre Chassis 1.5mm $50 =£25
      Hitec Aggressor 40mhz FM Transmitter =£20
      3.5gram 40MHZ 4Channel Receiver EUR22.90 = £16
      Team NOVAK Spy Micro Reversible $51.00 =£25
      Dynam 8.4g High Torque & Speed Mini Servo =£6
      Rechargeable 14500 AA Lithium Li-ion Battery 700mAH $16 =£8
      TAMIYA MINI 4WD Jet Dash Motor $19 =£10
      GSW Micro Pinion Puller =£10
      Deans Micro Plug 15Amps =£3
      Super Flex Silicone Wire 18AWG (0.021 Ohms/m) =£3

Well I can’t make the price any sweeter so I will just have to give it to you in plain numbers £247 Pounds and that’s $507 US Dollars

Was it worth it?
      YES and Y E S this thing is worth it the car just screams down to my end of my road so quick you won’t even to able too see it once its goes out of site and mind you it does that under 5 seconds (well not 5 sec but you get the drift) from start and with range with 500 Meters you know you car is not going to go out of range and you still have so much control over it
      Unlike XMOD shitty range which is actually less than 20 Meters (unmodified) until things start acting up also my XMOD has more range then you Mini z lovers out there
      Well here are some of the pictures of the Final XMOD
      Xmod8.jpg
      Xmod9.jpg
      Xmod10.jpg
      Xmod11.jpg
      Xmod12.jpg
      Xmod13.jpg
      Xmod14.jpg
      Xmod15.jpg
      Xmod16.jpg
      Xmod17.jpg
      Xmod18.jpg
      Xmod19.jpg
      Xmod20.jpg

I think I will stop there.
      Here’s a video of the steering
      th_XmodSteering.jpg
      Mind the quality as it is not my fault my video is Crystal Clear its just photo bucket which messed thing up

So what do you lot think?

jollyboss
      Participant

won’t you need an upper deck?
      Cf is of course rigid but it will have binding without an upper deck…

I know that rx,is it the GWS,right?

color0
      Participant

Not binding per se, but the plastic standoffs and remaining stock parts can’t resist flex. Upper deck would be nice.

It looks great though, CNC cut or hand?

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

I think that’s a typo for bending.

and yeah, it does look trick 🙂

henal
      Participant

nope there no flex at all carbon fibre is 1.5mm thick its but really cut well but some bits are hand cut but most of it is laser cut i think

yea there is an uper decks both of them front and rear cant you lot see that

also i left plastic stands off as it gives it a better hold

dono what rx is it its some good one tho its super tiny

i also got my servos and i got to say dam there are small never seen small servos before and i got to say when i got them in the post i was WTF! there are soo small and have the power of 1.5 kg

all i need are my lithium cells and thats it also i need a good motor for li-ons some thing like amina or any good motors so i can get this beast on the road and i will post some videos any one got a motor to sell(im sorry i know this aint the right place to say it but it got to be said here)

jollyboss
      Participant

what did you use to make stands?
      I could need some…
      For the servo use a 5gr sevro,doesn’t pull 1,5 kg,but it’s easier to fit on the chassis(even cuz I don’t thin you’ll need that power on servo)

klims
      Participant

how much did the chassis, no electronics or motor, end up costing?
      i’ve got a piece of shit xmods evo that i think might be better if fully hopped up.

henal
      Participant

the servo im using is a 8.4 gram servo the size 24x11x24 which is really small when you have it on your hand.
      i think 1.5 kg might be very good for my straring and will have power to turn the wheels unlike the crap gen1 servo which strugles turning the wheels

also about the cost im not going to tell any one until im finised but you lot can guess that a 100% gpm and carbon fiber does’nt come cheap
      but i will tell you lot the price later on and how much it cost per part

the stands are just some 1/8″ tubing i think

klims
      Participant

lol yeah i figured it was gonna be expensive, thats why i never bothered…

color0
      Participant

Henal, the Xmod-style upper ‘decks’ are a lame excuse for a plate of CF that should be spanning all four suspension towers. I can almost guarantee you that you will see a difference if you use one.

henal
      Participant

i think im getting confused now the decks are Blue GPM or if you lot are talking about a a carbon fiber which is a full peace which runs from the front to the back yea i was going to get that but the carbon fibor woud have cost me over 50 pounds(i have given you a small clue on how much my xmod Costs)

henal
      Participant

@color0 226429 wrote:

Henal, the Xmod-style upper ‘decks’ are a lame excuse for a plate of CF that should be spanning all four suspension towers. I can almost guarantee you that you will see a difference if you use one.

im not sure if i might need it tho because the carbon fibir is 1.5 mm thick but i woud like it if car had it as it woud give it a big strenth boost but it was going to cost me too much to get it

henal
      Participant

ok guys just done a small update to my first post

henal
      Participant

Finally finished my car and updated the first post
      So what do you lot all think of it?

klims
      Participant

not bad at all. would be nice if you could get a cover over it though. have you thought of de-casing the electronics?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.