enertec bit clones, $16 aud!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i’ve noticed that enertec micro chargers are $16 at dse and tandy electronics. cheap enough to throw away when the batt’s go flat! they come with a dual nimh cells, and 2 speed as standard. perfect for a full suspension mod:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

hmmm ill be back later im going on a excusion to tandy 😀

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thats a damn good price for those.
      I wish I had known before I got home, oh well there’s alway tomorrow.
      :)uA

leonli17
      Participant

That is cheap(like $10 off the original). And Kmart got the HotWheels RC which use the same controller and Chassis. Only the shell is different. But they cost $24

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I hate the way they slow when you steer (off boost) it sound like an OK idea, but sucks in practise.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Im sure that can be modded out.

betty.k
      Participant

i don’t mind the slow turning function for normal hooning but in technical and rough terrain it would be nice to have boost while turning. so whatta ya reckon micro, up for the challenge? i’ve got a couple i’d like modded!:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah I’ll give it a go. Send them over.

brendan
      Participant

i bought one today, they are great. i love them and they go really fast you get good range and the head lights and tails lights are kool, but how do i take the body off.

betty.k
      Participant

you can use a 2mm flat screwdriver to get that screw out. i replace it with a normal phillips head screw:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

my car fell of my table the sarv and now, when it hits the turbo it doesnt really work properly, any suggestions what could be wrong with it.

Admin
      Participant

wow. these cars sound pretty good
      are they worth getting?
      what bodies do they come with?
      same size as normal char-gs?
      any pics?

betty.k
      Participant

brendan: :sad:i feel your pain! i’m no techo so the best advice i have is check for broken wires and have a close look at the transformers around the motor wires. the first one i bought died after 5 goes, but i found out it was a dud motor. i just replaced it and haven’t had a problem since, so test the motor as well.
      dizzy: i think they’re unreal! but it was one of the first cars i bought so i’m a bit biased. check this thread for more info:

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1378&FORUM_ID=9&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=enertec+micro+racers&Forum_Title=BCG+%2D+Technical:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

yeah these cars are great, they are super quick.
      @betty.k-how do u remove that bit of plastis above the motor

betty.k
      Participant

remove the screw that holds the pcb down and CAREFULLY lift the pcb. enertecs are not wired up as neatlty as a bcg and there’s a bit of tape holding the batts down which has steering wires stuck to it so go easy. you’ll see what i mean. once you’ve done that you’ll notice there’s 2 screws in the motor cover. take ’em out and with a small screwdriver pop the cover off through the tab slot behind the motor.:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

thanks man, but i dont think it is the car. I think it is the controller. because i noticed when i put it all the way doen the led light blinks on and off

betty.k
      Participant

i have a controller that stutters in reverse too, probably a dodgy terminal, but i fixed that, and this brings us back on topic, by buying another one. they’re cheap enough to set fire to for fun!! but remember kiddies, don’t play with fire unless under strict adult supervision! and brush 3 times daily. and respect your parents. and……..:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

and even if u do stuff the car up you no u got a kool set of wheels for ur bit. remember kids dont call girls sluts unless they really are sluts. and only play with fire if u really fell the need to, like this http://www.sharemation.com/brendan123/fire.wmv i bet i tought that punk a lession never to mess with me again.

Edited by – brendan123 on 14 December 2003 23:57:14

betty.k
      Participant

:Dheh heh! you get bored easy, don’t you!:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

howd u guess:D

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.