Enertech cars. Are they usefull to BCGs

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

Just saw the Enertech micro r/c cars at BigW. Same size as BCGs. They were OZ$29.99 and the bodies had pretty good detail, decent wheels, NiMh battery, and a foldable telescopic controller aerial that would suite our BCG controller. The bodies were a PT Cruiser and a Suby WRX STi sedan, in 27 and 40 MHz. Does anybody know if these bodies fit? Are the batts the same? do the wheels fit? Are the gears any good for BCGs? Motor better or worse than Micro B?
      I’m not really interested in the cars themselves, just for the bodies, wheels, batteries, aerial and anything else that might enhance my BCGs. I like the look of the PT body in metallic red tho.
      I wasnt really that keen to part with $30 bucks without putting the thought to the jury (all of you) before I buy one and trash it straight away. If the bits are compatable then $30 is not too bad considering the body (if it fits) and the aerial would probably cost that alone.
      If this is a string that has been done before, let me know and I’ll stop wasting everyones time.
      Any thoughts on these cars would be appreciated
      :)uA

Mondo
      Participant

WARNING, DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!!!

I bought one about 3 months ago and they suck. The body is smaller the motor is too big, the steering if stuffed and they have ultra hard tyres. Please don’t buy one even just to check it out as it is a COMPLETE waste of money!

Toy Heaven Raceway
      Honda S2000 27MHZ
      Nissan Skyline GT-R 27MHZ
      Honda S2000 Convertable 40MHZ
      Nissan Skyline GT-R 40MHZ
      ATEAM Van
      WRX
      1.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0, 3.5

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      WARNING, DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!!!:sad:

Thanks Mondo, thats the kind of info I was looking for.
      You just saved me $30. I might put it toward another Bit instead!:)

Anyone else ?

uA

ms char-ged
      Participant

hey microamps, i really need to get a new nsx-r 27mhz off my hands, $65 inc postage, only been put together to see if it works, let me know

micro_Amps
      Participant

Nah, thanks anyway tho. I might get a bus or another booster, or a Nur if I can find one cheap (LOL)
      uA:D

Mondo
      Participant

not a prob micro amps I’m just happy that I’ve saved another person from getting one of these p.o.s.

Toy Heaven Raceway
      Honda S2000 27MHZ
      ATEAM Van
      WRX
      1.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0, 3.5

z-beam
      Participant

mr mondo slow down. when nobody would get me nimh cells i turned to the enertech car. it has 2 1/4 aaa nimhs instead of 1x 1/3aaa nimh. the battery in a bcg is 1/3 aaa ni-cad. those smaller capacity nimhs charged fast and i used them( had to make extensions to the terminals) and abused em.
      the reason the car sucked was indeed tuneable. the steering sucked because the spring used to center the steering is about 3 times thicker than bcg. AND it has ultra hard ribbed tyres front and back.
      the controller did work (49 -40mhz) and the range and power out put of the enertech racer was refreshing, i could drive the little suby from one end of the motel carpark to the other.
      if you do buy one tune it dont hack it kike i did. oh yeah the shell DOESNT fit without modding. bcg’s all have 2 doors but the enertech has all 4. the nimh cells are in sleeper form.
      once modded though the wrx looks better than a tomy one.:)

micro_Amps
      Participant

Its good to hear some of the pros and cons.
      Like I said, I do like the PT cruiser body. I think I might still consider getting a ‘donor’ car and doing an autopsy. :smiley2: uA

Mondo
      Participant

but if your going to race on a track then these cars are useless coz of the steering. I even tried to mod the steering but then it was still crappy. also, u cant take off the back axel or the rims so u cant change the gears.

The 1/4 aaa nimhs are good but not worth $30 then the hastle of taking it apart.

I really dont like these cars at all. sorry if u guys do but I really hate them.

Toy Heaven Raceway
      Honda S2000 27MHZ
      ATEAM Van
      WRX
      1.0, 2.2, 2.8, 3.0, 3.5

Edited by – Mondo on 20 January 2003 17:24:57

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

I found the Enertec really REALLY fast, but again steering was really REALLY poor.

As mentioned above, tyres are hard and donuts are plentiful.

I think that it would make a great Drag car out of the box, but thats about it.

May have to try the steering spring mod as mentioned by z-beam to see if the car is able to be made controlable at all.

I got a black WRX and love the look of it, but I can’t comment on the fitting the shell to a Bit as I havn’t tried it. The enertec bodies are actually secured to the chassis with a small screw, so totally different to a Bit.

I also found with mine that the forward and reverse is transposed compared to the Bit transmitter i.e. push forward on Enertec TX Bit car goes backwards and vica versa! so the transmitter couldn’t be used without modifications.

My enertec seems to have a bit of a prob at the moment as the car runs all by itself and doesn’t stop quickly when you release the stick back to neutral. May just be batteries, not too sure yet but its totaly uncontrolable at the mo’

Looks really funny when you put two cars side by side:D

$30 bucks was cheap as I paid $50 for mine, still too much for a car that you cant drive though!!

Overall, I don’t think I’d buy another one, another Bit would be a much sounder investment!!

8ch Ess Vee
      Micro Super Charger, Black WRX 27mHz

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.