• Author
      bithed
      Participant

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03795.jpg

DSC03797.jpg

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Did you strip the paint? If you did, what did you use?

bithed
      Participant

Thats how they come…They are promo bodies done by TOMY for their races and events and stuff…There is an JOTA too 🙂

APPRENTLY you might be able to remove the paint with either oven cleaner or silver polish…I have never tried it though…

z-beam
      Participant

nice, but wouldnt painting it destroy the value of it being a promo item?

bithed
      Participant

…of course !! You would have to be insane to paint it…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thats some sick ass detail.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I’m insane. How hard would it be to get a few of those? I’m interested.

bithed
      Participant

….Hachi mate funny you should ask that question 🙂

…Here are the Countach…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5906763408&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

..and here are the Jota…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5906764004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

..ENJOY !!

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

You’re the man!

Racer9
      Participant

Sweet car!

bithed
      Participant

…Hachi where are you in Japan mate ? Let me know and maybe we can work something out…Arent you in Okinawa? Military?

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Actually, I just left Okinawa. I am in the military, but I will be working in Virginia (US) next. Where are you?

Let me guess, you’re in Naha or something and I should have been hitting you up a long time ago instead of being the lone mad bit racer. Other people raced, but I had to mod all thier cars to have any competition.

bithed
      Participant

…YEEHAA…Hachi-Ryoku is on top of the bidding heap 🙂 You arent SERIOUSLY going to paint that body are you? lol…

…Nah…Im up on the mainland, a little way out of Tokyo 🙂 my school kids are in OKI right now for their school trip…I have been 3 times though…I like it…DAMN HOT 🙂 and you HAVE to love OKI bus guides..lol…

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

OKI bus guides are the bomb!!!!

I missed that damn bid though. I got too busy to see it through. Got any more?

I don’t know if I’d really paint it or not. I’d have to see it in person. I have a thing about collectables. If it says “collectable”, but it’s nothing more than an unpainted car, then it would get painted. But if it really seems like a one and only then I’ll save it. I can put a pretty sweet paint job on bits, and the only thing I use clear shells for is to check the fitting after I add stuff. I’ve been known to buy really old comic books and then open and read them. Collectors everywhere pass out at the sight of things such as that. Oh-well!

I will say though, I do see certain bits as holy grounds. I would never mod or paint a bit “Netz Voltz” car. But I would mod and detail one of the gold or silver skylines or a disney resort criuser. Somethings are sacred and some things are just a gimmick. No offense to anyone who likes the gold and silver skylines. This is just my opinion and I can’t fault you for liking bits.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I would also never try to do too much to a car from the Dark Tari collection. Maybe a fet mod?!?! But it would most likely be for show and tell, not racing. I wouldn’t want to screw up the paint job.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.