Exactly what scale are Mini-Zs?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

What is the ‘official’ scale of Mini-Zs, X-Mods and iWavers?
      It’s 1/28 right?

Googling doesn’t help at all – some shops/sites say 24, some say 28.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They are nominally 1/28. Invariably there is some fudging to help the odd body fit the chassis, but it’s generally only +/- half a scale point (ie 1/28.5).

The exception are the Monsters (1/32 or smaller in the case of the original monster body – not sure about the “killer” bodies as I don’t have one), the Monster CJ5 is around 1/18, and the boats range from 1/24 to 1/40.

Ogier
      Participant

And the new Mini body on the iWaver 02M must be a 1/12 scale! 🙂 http://www.iwaverusa.com/

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

The new Mini is a pretty big car, and it’s WB is about the same as a 996 Porsche.

Keymaster

Yeah, the new Minis are quite large, and don’t forget that Kyosho does play with the scales a little to suit the Wheel base of their chassis.

The new iWaver 02M chassis coming this month will be interesting

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

Are all you people mini-z fans? I have an x-mod fit to kill the min-z but i have no where to race noone to race with and really no place to race i just build my car for fun. Maybe one day i will find a track and friends to race with.

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, we’re mostly mini z here. mainly because we don’t have anything like your radio shacks here. and the rc’s they sell are nowhere near as sophisticated as xmods, think “nikko”:D

i used to have xmods and race them on large and small tracks, once dialed in they put up a damn good fight against a mini z!

and in a collision the xmods win every time!:eek: :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant
      betty.k wrote:
      yeah, we’re mostly mini z here. mainly because we don’t have anything like your radio shacks here. and the rc’s they sell are nowhere near as sophisticated as xmods, think “nikko”:D

i used to have xmods and race them on large and small tracks, once dialed in they put up a damn good fight against a mini z!

and in a collision the xmods win every time!:eek: :8ball:

i can testafy to the collision thing… betties basher ran up the bum end of my stationary beloved 01 wrx. the xmod kept going full tilt down the streight. my mini-z went fluing and broke a body clip and a knuckle… those things when hopped up and tuned right are beastly.

betty.k
      Participant

:smiley5: i can still hear that sickening crunch!:8ball:

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.