F86 Sabre Jet-sky A40 flight gear

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion F86 Sabre Jet-sky A40 flight gear

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Cavo
      Participant

Well I making this one up over the weekend as its too windy to fly.I rekon put some droptanks/bombs on the wings to hide and support the wing and put the motors in the front of them.You should’nt see them in flight.So far the wing is going great(it flies),so I just have to cut the wing slot and sand the fuse down into shape and put her all together..

Cavo
      Participant

A few more pics.The canopy was made using a hairdryer and some plastic bottle and and balsa block carved to shape.Heat the plastic and push the balsa canopy mold through the plastic and””” whalla !!” My first non vaccum clear canopy !!!

klims
      Participant

nice work Cavo :topstuff:

can you tell me a little more about the molded plastic canopy? i’m very interested to know in greater detail how you did that. is there maybe an online tutorial or something?

Cavo
      Participant

Heres a few more pics.As for the canopy you just need some thin clear plastic and a hot hairdrier that won’t cut out and piece of Balsa carved to exact shape as the canopy.Tape plastic flat to wood,cut a hole(Canopy shape ) first by tracing the bottom of the canapy on to the wood,making the hole 5-10mm wider.Put a screwdriver into the bottom of your balsa canopy as you use this to push down.Heat plastic from underneath pushing balsa PLUG(canopy into the plastic from above.As the plastic gets hot push down on the screwdriver therefore pushing through(stretching) the plastic beyond the edge to give you room to trim.Use a rag to push polish the plastic into shape..Then remove balsa by cutting the plastic and trim…Let me know if you wont pics of the process!!

klims
      Participant

sorry Cavo but i found that impossible to follow. maybe you could neaten it up by putting it into steps. and some pictures would be great!

TallduDe
      Participant

looks good man. you must have alot of free time on your hands right about now!!

Cavo
      Participant

One does when one loses a job but thats life ! Anybody want to buy a plane or boat ????

TallduDe
      Participant

what you got for sale man?

Cavo
      Participant

Just a few I have lying round

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.