Fastest 1/28th Ever?

Home Forums General Chat Fastest 1/28th Ever?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      vroomvroom55
      Participant

Recently i have been working on my Audi R8 xmod, and i was thinking of how i could make it the fastest car eva, so i came up with a idea and put it into play. Full alloy, ball bearings everywhere, bb drive trains front and back, carbon fiber shaft, stiletto chassis, 3 lithium polymer packs with 2 cells in each totaling up in 6 cells, upgraded motor cap and added second one to even voltage on servo motor, my old nelly deluxe i found, 18g wire everywhere- 200c for small wires and 1600c for motor wires, aftermarket 14t motor pinion, 26t custom transfer gear, custom magnetic suspension, and the fastest motor i have ever made. The motor consists of a Atomic HE BB motor can with the M1 endbell, 3 104 caps, a PN super motor cap, gold neo mags, and X2 Light Speed Pro armature. All this on the dyno ended up with a average of 116 km/h after 10 dyno runs, and that’s about 72-72 mph. If that’s a new record then all i have to say is good luck beating that, and if its not, someone please tell me what is and how that person got that speed. :smiley14:

Participant

Yeah, that’s definitely one of the fastest 1/28th’s I’ve heard of.:D At least on a speed-checker. Any plans for a street run maybe? I understand if not, pavement/hardtop can be very unkind to Xmods/MiniZs….;)

Got any pics? I’d love to see this beast.

Do you own a MuchMore Motor Master (or similar motor performance checker)? I’m interested in knowing the specs of your Atomic-M1-modified-Lightspeed-Pro motor: Amp draw and Rpm @4.8v and @6.0v. You said you are running a 6-cell Lipo – Is this 3S2P, or 3 pairs of 2 cells in series for a total of 11.1-12.6v? If you’re running a 3S lipo pack then I cannot even imagine what the Amp-draw and Rpm of that motor is @11.1+ volts….

vroomvroom55
      Participant

IM not done with the body yet so not gonna post any pictures yet. Also i dont have the motor master, i was gonna buy the team orion rpm meter and mod it to be able to use size 130 motors, but that would cost 200-300 dollars, not worth it for just a rpm meter. The li-po is 2 cells in each pack, and 3 packs, so that’s three pairs of 2 cells, but i had to make another external board next to the nelly and the pn super cap that regulates a 6v to the board to cut servo jitter and to prevent burnification of the PCB, so that involved about 10 visits to radio shack, a v2.2, and a old spider turbo, not really sure how it works but my cousin is good at all this PCB and micro component stuff so he did it for me. All i know is that he had to somehow stack the spider and the nelly for more current capability and he had to connect the nelly/spider stack in a crappy board that we got for 6 dollars at radio shackto the V2, than a bunch of high current MOSFETs and a bunch a resistors i ordered online. So if you want to be able to run the Atomic X2 hybrid with 6 lithium polymer cells, count on spending at least 400 dollars in parts just to be able to run them, let alone buying them and putting together the li-po pack with a over/undercharge board. Mounting the 3 li-po packs was a pain too becauseyou have to put 2 throught the holes in hte stiletto and one in the middle layer, right in the middle of the other 2.

vroomvroom55
      Participant

@Felix2010 230455 wrote:

Yeah, that’s definitely one of the fastest 1/28th’s I’ve heard of.:D At least on a speed-checker. Any plans for a street run maybe? I understand if not, pavement/hardtop can be very unkind to Xmods/MiniZs….;)

Got any pics? I’d love to see this beast.

Do you own a MuchMore Motor Master (or similar motor performance checker)? I’m interested in knowing the specs of your Atomic-M1-modified-Lightspeed-Pro motor: Amp draw and Rpm @4.8v and @6.0v. You said you are running a 6-cell Lipo – Is this 3S2P, or 3 pairs of 2 cells in series for a total of 11.1-12.6v? If you’re running a 3S lipo pack then I cannot even imagine what the Amp-draw and Rpm of that motor is @11.1+ volts….

Well the X2 is about 110k rpm at 7.4v with lithium ion and a low RPM gear setup, and M1 endbell technology along with all the extra PCBs and the PN Racing super cap, i expect it to be at least 160k rpm with the same gear setup, i tried to go more towards the torque then the rpm because i actually wanted the car to be able to hit the top speed and be controllable. ( If i went for maximum rpms then the car would have slim to none torque and it will be incredibly unstable.)

CowboySiR03
      Participant

@vroomvroom55 230456 wrote:

The li-po is 2 cells in each pack, and 3 packs, so that’s three pairs of 2 cells, but i had to make another external board next to the nelly and the pn super cap that regulates a 6v to the board to cut servo jitter and to prevent burnification of the PCB, so that involved about 10 visits to radio shack, a v2.2, and a old spider turbo, not really sure how it works but my cousin is good at all this PCB and micro component stuff so he did it for me. All i know is that he had to somehow stack the spider and the nelly for more current capability and he had to connect the nelly/spider stack in a crappy board that we got for 6 dollars at radio shackto the V2, than a bunch of high current MOSFETs and a bunch a resistors i ordered online. So if you want to be able to run the Atomic X2 hybrid with 6 lithium polymer cells, count on spending at least 400 dollars in parts just to be able to run them, let alone buying them and putting together the li-po pack with a over/undercharge board. Mounting the 3 li-po packs was a pain too becauseyou have to put 2 throught the holes in hte stiletto and one in the middle layer, right in the middle of the other 2.

I’d really love to see how incredibly jumbled all this wiring, six li-pos and three external boards is mounted an xmod…I have no doubt it’s fast on a speed checker but it’s hard to believe it’s a useable throttle on the track.

vroomvroom55
      Participant

Yeah it was a pain with the 3 external boards, then those three boards were connected to a “central” external board. The throttle is usable because we did a little switch and i’m using a “Pro” style controller with a digital throttle controller so i can lower the max throttle and speed making it drivable. And like i said im not posting a single picture till im done with the body, and my cousin is going to clean up all the soldering and cut the wires to the appropriate sizes so it will actually fit, but i may post pics of the car while we were building it, maybe a pic of the car with the stiletto, all the wires we used, the li-po packs we used to make the 3 pack, and maybe some of the caps and boards we used. But from what it looks like right now, the body is going take a few weeks to finish, i have body parts coming in from the UK, China, and Australia, then i have to wait for my friend who is like a airbrush master to come back from Greece to paint it for me.

Participant

This car sounds totally unique, can’t wait to see pics of this beast.:D

z-beam
      Participant

sounds crazy. pics of the guts without the body would rock.

vroomvroom55
      Participant

well….crap, me nad my cousin were trying to clean up the multi PCB config and wire/soldering, and i just burned out the V2.2 and the woah nelly. Im going to send in for a new V2 soon but does anyone know where or how i can get a new nelly? Plz?

vroomvroom55
      Participant

And if anyone is wondering how i burned them out, its as simple as having a tiny button lithium battery on the master PCB connecting the rest of the electronics together, and me accidentally creating a short with either my soldering iron or my very pointy tweezers. And i think i might have burned out one of the Li-Pos too, good thing i but a micro breaker on each of the 3 packs so if one frys or shorts, the other stay safe, need to now wait for the new breaker to come in, some more heat shrink, and the V2.2. Im also at a dead stop till i find another nelly.

z-beam
      Participant

do we even make nelly’s any more?

vroomvroom55
      Participant

Idk i thought PH2T made them, i used the nelly for performance and the spider has a better stability rate, i kind sc****d through both of them. Then i couldn’t figure out exactly how the V2 sent the perfect amp and voltage back to the PCB so there was no servo studer or any problems with the lighting like the underglow and the head/tail lights. So if anyone can tell me where to get a nelly or how to get one made, plz tell me. I found like 2 places online but they cost to much, $50 for a used nelly that needs some work.

Participant

I have started a thread on here called “WoahNelly Resurrection” on here in the hopes we can get the support to get ph2t to re-start his WoahNelly production.:D Plz post under that thread if you are one of us who would like to see the WoahNelly series turbos back in production!!:D

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.