Favourite MiniZ Chassis

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’ve been wondering what is the favourite Mini-Z chassis out there.

Think about how you use it, how you can drive it and then tell us why!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

nismotuningrocks
      Participant

i would have to say the good ole ma-010 it has awd i mean isnt that just enough to describe its greatness lol but i give props where props are due and all the 2wd mini-z predecessors have really taken the “sport” to a new level and theyre just cool now to make an awd wide-set pan-car

rcs2die4
      Participant

I Think the AWD is the best Mini-Z going, Now anyway!! You gota love AWD 😀
      and this is why I voted for it !! 😉

Before the AWD I think the MR01 was the best !! I built my MR01 completely from hop up parts..
      It may have cost me a s#!t load but it was worth it !!! everyone that has had a go, cant
      beleave how good it is and they normally dont want to give the TX back !!:topstuff:

Heres a pic of the chassis…. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/RCS2DIE4/My%20Hopup%20MR01/abovepic.jpg

I had an MR02 that I spent a fair bit of cash on tring to get it sorted, but I could never get it
      anything like my MR01, so I sold it :rocket: which sux really as it had a Atomic VDS body
      on it which was painted in $100 worth of colour change paint !!! (Dumb ass I know, but it looked SWEEET !!!)

Anyway GO THE AWD’s !!!

Ogier
      Participant

Well, I’ve only got an iWaver 01 so I can’t vote, but this thing handles like dogs balls – which is not very good – I certainly don’t handle dogs balls.

I’m still learning, but if I get another 1:28 micro it might be based on the results of this poll! Everyone vote please! 🙂
      Actually, can there be a vote for best handling on-road chassis:
      iWaver 01, 02, 02m, Firelap 2.0, Mini-z MR01, MR02 etc etc.

z-beam
      Participant

i have had the most fun with the overlander personally. ive taken it interstate and nothing handles going for a walk than an overlander. if it wasnt for the ammount of traveling i do i would have to say AWD all the way.

you havent really had enough fun with a z till youve driven an overland down a beach. make sure the sand is slightly damp and the tide is going out. install soft springs all round for some wild trail driving.

seeing 10 cm plumes of sand kicking out the back at full throttle is awesome. just make sure you strip down the entire car and clean it afterward.

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve only owned mr01’s and 02’s. i’ve driven a mad force and an ma010 too.

my vote goes with the mr02, simple design, easy to work on, easily tuned, great handler and plenty fast:topstuff: :8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

I actually like the mr02 for low center of gravity with the battery layout. I feel that it handles very nicely and has a more direct feel when you’re putting it through the turns.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah the mr-02 is great, handles really well and simply to set-up.

Keymaster

Ohhh – I should add:

iWaver 01 = MR-01
      iWaver 02 / Firelap 02 = MR-02
      iWaver 04 / Firelap 04 = Monster

And the Dogs balls description of the iWaver 01 pretty much matches my first experience with a Kyosho MR-01.

They do get better with Bearings and a Diff. 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Ogier
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      And the Dogs balls description of the iWaver 01 pretty much matches my first experience with a Kyosho MR-01.

They do get better with Bearings and a Diff. 🙂

I think I’m doing something wrong – I’ve got the diff & bearings, but its still not great.

I’m thinking of getting a Firelap 2.0 (aka MR02) – seen one going and it’s much better straight out of the box, IMO somewhat because of the lower battery positions. Plus the digital TX is a big step up.

I should go take some pics of my iWaver and introduce myself properly 🙂

ciao, Graham.

Admin
      Participant

I liked the MR02 because evry thing was easy.Handled good,easy to tune,Just every thing was great.I Bought a FireLap 2.0,It got shipped yesterday so now im just waiting for it to arrive from HongKong.I got the red ENZO. :clap:

Kerosene
      Participant

I really like the AWD for it’s predictability and stickyness – but for ‘seat of the pants’ racing, it’s 100% MR-02. And that’s where my vote went, unless I accidently voted twice :p

Admin
      Participant
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.