FDS9934C FETs & drift questions

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      diehard
      Participant

Has anyone bought these cause im looking at buying them,

http://shop.ausmicro.net/product_info.php?products_id=572

is it for the hole strip??i wonna put it in my mr01 and ma010 but i know that there is not much room in my ma010, is this the way i should go for more power????

also while i have your attention whats a good set of drift tyres for the ma010?
      im looking for a few drift options too.i don’t wonna go to crazy i saw the drift spec sheet that kyosho has on there web site for the ma010 has anyone got there ma010 setup like that???

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/setting/data/minizawd_drift_j.pdf

its in jap so i dont know about half the stuff there

any help will do thanks

ph2t
      Participant

I’m pretty sure you get 10, from the looks of it.

as for 010 drifting, what surface you doing it on? the drift tyres are basically plastic so they’re super slipery.

otherwise if on concrete try a really soft rubber (< 30 deg) on front and rear, that will break traction quite easily.

I think an aggresive camber is also good for drifting along with the stock (0 deg) offset. I’m not sure though, it ain’t my specialty, lol…

diehard
      Participant

@ph2t 225730 wrote:

I think an aggresive camber is also good for drifting along with the stock (0 deg) offset. I’m not sure though, it ain’t my specialty, lol…

the sirface will most likly be tiles and maybe i got some polished concrete in the shed. i got some 30o tyres i might give it ago 2morrow.

as for the camber. no idea can ya point me into the right direction for some info explaining the camber on theses things, is it just like in real cars. is that what the diff steering knuckles ares for??? sorry if ya cant understand what im trying to say. im sooo tired.

diehard
      Participant

i saw the fets on ebay they are a 10 pack

diehard
      Participant

will these fets allow the hot motors to run in my 010 and also what kinda stack am i looking at 2×2 2×3 ????

diehard
      Participant

well i got the FDS9934C FETs installed in my ma010, i done (well my bro done it for me) a 2×2 stack, now i would like to know how hot a motor i could run in the thing??

also i did get the car drifting a bit on polished concrete i put 30* tyres all round wide on the back and normals on the front, but still has a bit of traction, that’s why i ask about the motor. although i might buy them drift tyres too.

once i have it drifting properly i will post the setup i have. thats all i want my ma010 to do…..driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiift lol
      diehard

klims
      Participant

if you look up the motors on the ausmicro shop they say what kind of a stack is required.

as for the drifting, i felt the same way. thats all i wanted! i’ve been messing around with my xmods evo which is awd and i have to say its a little over rated. but i guess i don’t have a real track so the small track i got going in my living room (floor boards) got a little boring and pissed my family off heaps! 🙂

Renton
      Participant

All i have been doing with my MA010 is drifting

I have done no motor upgrade. only put a couple of alloy covers (looks pretty) and some bearings in it. Im looking to upgrade to a PN speedy AWD motor.

My mate has a 2×3 stack and a macho motor and its just to quick for drifting. I struggle with it. Then again it could just be his set up or something or my incompetence 😮

If anyone can inform this brother how to put a vid up ill put some of my living room drift action 😀

I forget who it was that told me to run some electrical tape around my tyres. this worked real well and didnt seem to scratch floor boards when i used it on them

Id get a feel for drifting a stock car before modding. My R34 shell is rather rooted from learning. Once you get the hang of it then upgrade.

Can anyone also tell me what the effect would be if i was to put a 2×2 or 2×3 stack in with only a stock motor?

diehard
      Participant

well with the 2×2 stack not much if any difference with the stock motor, it dose seem like its a bit quicker of the line and the electrics sounds a lot quieter. i went for the 2×2 cause it still just fits under the plastic cover……..JUST, although i might end up doing a 2×3 and cutting the cover so it can fit.
      i might try the tape trick tonight too.

Renton
      Participant

My apartment has a radical polished concrete car park. The tape worked really well on it

when you put it on put it around at least once and a half and make sure where the last bit tapes down is facing backwards (stop it being ripped off) also try cover as much of the tyre as possible to stop grabbing

klims
      Participant

only thing you might notice with a stack on a stock motor would be longer runtimes with less drop in performance. drifting puts a fair amount of stress on the fets. not sure what the awd ones are like but as soon as fets heat up they will decrease in efficiency and the car will start to lag.

Renton
      Participant

can anyone open the link to the drift settings data?

I bloody well cant

diehard
      Participant

still works for me, its a pdf so you will need acrobat reader installed 1st

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.