Ferrari Project

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      brendan
      Participant

Hey guys, this is my latest project. I never really liked this body and i was trying to figure what i could do with it. So i thought of a traga top simple and gets rid of that high roof. But it needed something else, a front flip this is easy also and very effective. It gives it a attitude and isnt as high of the ground any more. I didnt do the rest of the car (sides and back) because i ran outta putty, it still looks good but.

ferrarip.jpg

ferrarip001.jpg

ferrarip002.jpg

ferrarip003.jpg

betty.k
      Participant

nice one!:smiley16: that shell was a little cartoon looking before, now it gots attitoood!:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

thanks man, it doesnt look that good in the pics:evil: but hopefully i will paint it tomarrow so i can show you guys how good it really looks:smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

looks cool. what colour you gonna paint it?
      make sure you trim the molding lines before you do paint it!

why not fill that ugly hole in the back window and make an aerial(?) hole that is less huge in the front bonnet corner.
      also maybe have a go cutting the front and rear vents out and using a hash pipe screen or fly screen cover the holes from the inside…

brendan
      Participant

i was thinking about doen it yellow. put a under coat of silver on then put the yellow of that so i get the metallic look. and i think i will just leave the window but im gonna have a chop at the vent idea, cheers.

brendan
      Participant

ok guys, i cut out them vents and i will put the mesh in after i finish the painting.

ferrarip2001.jpg

ferrarip2002.jpg

ph2t
      Participant

nice work man, do what z says, the grill effect will look great! what putty are you using?

cheers,

ph2t.

brendan
      Participant

thanks man, it is sellies kneed it.

brendan
      Participant

ok folks here it is, took me about 20 mins to get some good photos :clown:. And i need a better photos chassis, lol, i only have 3 tyres on this i lost the rest. anyway here it is:8ball:

ferrarif001.jpg

ferrarif002.jpg

ferrarif003.jpg

ferrarif004.jpg

twizm
      Participant

turned out pretty good dude, i like it.

i dont know why tomy and all the other companies make the shells the way they do, alot of them sit way too high off the chassis and look stupid. although you can fix this by doing what betty does and forgetting the mounting tabs for the bodies and using some stuff firm to grip the sides of the car.this way you could have it sit exactly how you want it to.

ph2t
      Participant

those fatty pullback rims on the front really suit this car….

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh its nice the vents need more sanding though

betty.k
      Participant

nice work man! the vents are turning this into a mean lookin’ mofo:smiley2::8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

pm your adress to me brendan, i’ll send you up a sample of the putty i use, green stuff.

barto_85
      Participant

damn brendan, nice looking ferrari there. real nice work, looks fantastic.

brendan
      Participant

thanks guy, im real happy with this one and this has to be my favourate colour yet :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

that colour is great. is it a tamiya spray?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.