fet killers….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

“This is an advanced designed motor with 40000+ rpm, for players with more experience and want an upgrade for their motor. It has a higher torque, and provides better acceleration than the Kyosho X-Speed Motor. Suitable for All Mini-Zs and Iwavers”

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=A05001349

suitable for all mini-z’s it is not… my forward and reverse fet are now blown. i wonder if toyeast will give a crap…

also they have 01 and 02 ball diffs for $8usd!
      http://www.toyeast.com/v2/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=A05001349

Edited by – z-beam on 22 December 2004 21:00:14

chino
      Participant

cool! i want one! it looks promising but i will have upgraded fets offcorse. sorry to hear about ur car

snailpace
      Participant

Hey z-beam, i’ve blown both the FETs on my iWaver 02 and 04 with the supposed 5A handling and 100% garanteed challenge. I did this with a well run in iWaver X-Speed (Not Pro) motor. Not such a big deal for me as i can replace the stocks with a stack of 7389’s or 7317’s (Thanks to Aaron and Ausmicro’s supply!) I wonder how many people out there have blown their FETs up after putting in beefed up motors? Seems to go well for a while but eventually the FET’s blow. I feel bad for those who are not solder/electronically skilled to change over the FETs themselves.

TE should at least throw in a pair of spare FETs! Think their RMA department will be busy!

z-beam
      Participant

“I feel bad for those who are not solder/electronically skilled to change over the FETs themselves.” yup, thats me!:angry:

the toyeast site shouldnt advertise like that… its bad! lucky i have a great online community i am a part of so that i can get this stuff sorted out… do you think kyosho would give a rats arse if i blew the fets through a dodgy advertised aftermarket motor… i dont think so…:dead:

Keymaster

*nods*

The good news is that IRF7317s are tough as ph2t has proven… And that we’ve just ordered direct from IRF (no more stuffing about with Australian Distributers) enough 7317s to cover the pent up demand.

They should be here in 7-10 days

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.