FG Marder

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all,

micro_Amps asked me for some info and pics on my 1/6th FG Marder, so here it goes!!…

The FG uses a 2 stroke Zenoah engine, similar to what is used in weedwhackers and chainsaws, but is put to better use in a 2wd buggy.

I ve been running nitro s for about 2 years now and wish I had come across these buggy s sooner, they are so much better to live with.

Here s some pro s and con s

PRO S
      No tuning everytime you go out with it.
      Always starts first time
      Runs for about 1 hour on 1 tank of gas
      Very little maintenance
      Really strong
      Best fun you can have with your clothes on!!

CON S
      If ya break big parts (engine, body and wheels), they can be expensive to replace.

I m now selling my nitro s because this is so much more fun!!

Here s a few pics…

marderleft.jpg

marderright.jpg

and for you broadbanders, I have a vid on rcpics it 17Mb, link here…..

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=45186

Cheers

Mat

micro_Amps
      Participant

Nice Mat, very tidy ride, vid looks good too.
      These cars are killer, and they’re BIG 1/5 and 1/6 scale.
      I like the beetle in this size too. Here’s a vid.
      http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/download/MB_jump.wmv
      I think there is an EP version of these too with 24 x 3300 cells.
      Certainly not micro but fun.:D
      :D:DuA

As you can see I am having serious trouble deciding which scale to get into next.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 22 December 2004 17:05:08

leonli17
      Participant

It’s just my opinion that the whole point of the RC is to keep it in a reasonable size while still have the performance. 1/5 or 1/6 is abit too big for me. 1/8 is the max i will go. as for u micro-Amps, anything will suit u as long as u have the budget.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I agree, I have a FG Ferrari F310B F1 and won’t go back to 1/10-1/8 Nitro.

Why? It’s much more realistic than any smaller R/C car. You get real rain tyres, brake bias adjustment as you drive etc (assuming you have a Multiplex TX). The handling is a lot closer to real life, since you can’t scale physics, you need to start with a big car to get realistic handling.

Fuel is 1/10th the cost and the engine lasts forever compared to 1/10 engines, tyres, while expensive last ages because they’re so big (ever wear out a Clod tyre?).

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

zenoahs are fantastic engines, most of those buggies use the G23ORC engines.

I myself have a zenoah engine for my scooter, and the best part is that there are so many after market parts for these engines, big bore kits, stroker cranks, carburettors, tuned exhaust systems,..the list goes on forever!

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Mine’s the new fangled ‘outlaw’ (illegal for competition) G26 engine, some 5hp 🙂

I want one of these real time telemetry systems:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Seagull/seagull.html

Finally you can see speed, RPM mixture etc right there on your TX. Since I have seven channels I can spare a few for mixture and other adjustments, so I can actually correct problems as I drive, optimise setups with the G sensor etc. Not quite F1 but getting there 😀

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.