Firelap: 4.0 and F1 Bodies land at ausmicro.com

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Firelap: 4.0 and F1 Bodies land at ausmicro.com

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Firelap 4.0 RTR kits and Firelap 2.0 F1 Bodies land[/quote]

The Bodies:[/quote]

The Firelap 2.0 is going to be be compatible with MR02-MM bodies, and this means that Firelap bodies can also be used on Kyosho and iWaver ’02 class chassis. ausmicro.com has received our stock of bodies and I have to say I’m impressed. Like the later (Concept GT) iWaver bodes these are moulded in clear plastic as one piece and then painted. No window sectiosn to fall out! The painting is excellent and the F1 bodies have ports for working head and tail-lights.

The overall finish is not up the ‘Shelf Queen’ standard that Kyosho adheres to but they are a very respectable looking shell. I would not hesitate in using one of these bodies for your running or even and occasional use car.

The Firelap 4.0:[/quote]

Now that we have one in our hands we can see the direction iWaver is taking with the Firelap range. The Firelap 4.0 gets a new hard ABS plastic body that finally mounts the same way that Kyosho Monster bodies mount. This means the suspension mounts feature the same clips that a Kyosho mount does. It’s also ver apparent that with this minor change to a copy of the Kyosho front and rear suspesion mounts and body the Firelap 4.0 is a direct copy of the iWaver 04 of old. We can only presume the ‘new’ ’04 will feature the different mounts shown on the iWaver website.

The really obvious factor is also the reason behind the drop in pricing. The Firelap 4.0 comes with a ‘regular’ 2-channel proportional radio set, not the LCD equiped digitally trimmed unit of the upper spec iWaver cars.

So there you have it folks.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

hmmmmm, methinks i better get me one of those f1 bods! the one peice design is a winner imo, my old gt40 bod was unbreakable!worship.gif

(wasn’t unscratchble though…big.gif)8ball.gif

TallduDe
      Participant

dude can you provide close up pics?

oh yeah a price aswell hahahaha

oh btw are you getting the rtr 2.0 firelap kits?

Keymaster

There’s one decent pic int eh shop (http://shop.ausmicro.net) and I’ll attach some later today that took last night. They sell for USD14 on the TE site. I’m asking AUD30 for them. Essentially the cost price is double that of the previous iWaver stuff…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Some pics – resized, and with some crappiness coz of the resize….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Another

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

And yet more

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Another

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Side

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Back end

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

I like the look of the Silver 1 :smiley2: Cheap MM shell here we go…..
      Might destroy 1 of these before Killing my enzo…:smiley2:

Edited by – peteWah on 19 July 2005 18:21:47

kevsta
      Participant

Does anyone know if the shop has wheels with the correct offset for this nice shell ?

Thanks.

Keymaster

I’ll check if I have a set – I’ve had a few sets of the MR02 multi-spokers from iWaver and they seem to suit the bodies. In fact the Blue and Silver demo car runs those as its street wheels (along with a Topcard Balldiff)… saviong the Kawada and Foamies for racing

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

the gandini racing mounted foams have the correct offset for the macxp1700.gif8ball.gif

kevsta
      Participant

Thanks Betty.

Can I get the gandini racing foams from the shop ? I couldn”t find them under the wheels section. Am I looking in the right place ?

The quality of the Mclaren F1 shell is a big improvement over the iwaver01 shells. There is only subtle differences with the Kyosho shell, but paint quality in my opinion is pretty darn good.

Thanks Aaron for sending it out so quick. I was surprised thatmy orderarrived in just 2 days after payment.

Edited by – kevsta on 17 September 2005 15:20:35

Keymaster

Unfortunately our supply of Gandini foams is currently not good. We can source more but instead of the ~$18 a set they’re be closer to $28 a set which I think is unreasonable.

I’m still looking but the basic problem is:

Gandini is imported by Dawn Trading, they won’t bring them in for us; Gandini Italy won’t sell direct to us becuase Dawn Trading is their AU dealer. And not many other comanies are stocking them at the moment either. RCMart used to have them but I think they’re out of them now too.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, rcmart just ran out of the rears (wide). spewin! they’re my number 1 favourite reartyre for the 02!sad.gif8ball.gif

kevsta
      Participant

Bugger…

I’ve got like 5 sets of new alloy rims sets and they’re all wide for a merc shell. I wish rcmart would specify wheel offsets …sad.gif

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.