First offroad video – Dirtbash WA Extreme :)

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion First offroad video – Dirtbash WA Extreme :)

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      mrbishi
      Participant

Hey guys check it out – a vid a friend and I put together. His is the Revo and I got the Stampee 🙂

http://images.jonhammond.net/rc/STE_Offroad.avi (please don t distribute this to other sites – bandwith etc etc.)

Let us know what you think 🙂

Cheers,

Jon

TallduDe
      Participant

dude thats fucking rad man!

real cool work there man real cool.

man is that the same kinda surface as the WRC rally of Australia out in your way?

love the jumps keep up the excellent work man well worth the download 😀

mrbishi
      Participant

Yea the bauxite pea gravel out here is pretty unique to WA and yea its the same thing the rally teams always have fun picking tires to race on it 🙂

Thanks for the kind words 🙂 Hope to have more vids coming soon 🙂

Cheers,

Jon 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

that guys with the revo.. hes not new to offroad.. that revo aint his first offroad.. hes gone through a Tmaxx and some others.. im inpressed pulling a flip aint easy.. tryed it in a eletric but all i did is break srock towers.. looks like the revo did aswell and the stampede lost a knuckle.. nice work guys

mrbishi
      Participant

My friend with the Revo actually is new to offroad. Previous to that he owned an electric Duratraxx stadium truck for about 2 weeks.

The Revo actually broke one of the cam links in the suspension and the Stampede lost a suspension link pin (no breakage) 🙂

Jon 🙂

Edited by – mrbishi on 03 November 2004 12:24:33

merc-blue
      Participant

wow im so inpressed he picked it up really quick.. must have some balls to flip a revo.

mrbishi
      Participant

Revos are pretty tough – built for bashing – it isn’t too difficult to flip a nitro if you get a bit of air and have some throttle control 🙂

Jon 🙂

Roe
      Participant

Nice vid Jon, real sllck man :smiley16: looks like im gonna have to film this w/e and not race, the quality of the vids just keep on getting better!!

Did i mention, nice vid!! :p

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah i think u inspired me 2 pick up a nitro.. i used 2 thrash around a eletric wasnt much fun but nitro looks much better offroad also a little bird tells me that i dont need a new chassis

mrbishi
      Participant

I have plenty of fun in my Stampede with some 8.4v packs I made up hehe – waiting on the brushless to arrive then the real fun will start.

Jon 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

oh yeah the BL will be fun. i rad a pretty tame eletric so was abit boring. i saw it witha 10×2 in it the other day (the guy who i sold it to) and it flew

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

actually the revo is built for racing, not bashing…

MiniKing
      Participant

Man i cant get this Vid to work im goin to just have to watch it @ Roe’s house 2moro all i get is sound….no picture.:evil::evil:

mrbishi
      Participant

Sorry I didn’t mention it uses DivX 5.11 encoding for the vid 🙂

Jon 🙂

TallduDe
      Participant

do you guys break things everytime you take ur rc’s out?

mrbishi
      Participant

You’ll be surprised but the Stampede has never broken a part. The worst thats happened is its eaten a few spur gears, and one of the pins in the suspension arm popped out. The Stampede has a design flaw in which the motor mounting is plastic so the screws dig into it causing all sorts of nasty movement which in turn eats gears. I have fixed that now tho 🙂

That was probably the Revos third outing in the dirt and it was unfortunate that it broke. It was a very simple part – the landing wasn’t wonky or anything just bad luck I guess.

Jon 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah the landing was good it was probly alrady hurting from a few bad landings.. things tend not to break teh first time its useually right when its going go again to things break

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah the landing was good it was probly alrady hurting from a few bad landings.. things tend not to break teh first time its useually right when its going good again to things break

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Jon SICK vid man those monster trucks were goin off….I finally saw it last nite at Roe’s place that Revo is F**KN Awsome……:D:D

Roe
      Participant

…yeah, everytime i say to myself “i’m not gonna get ne more rc s*^t” along come another reason why i just have to get something else….:p

im sure im not alone in thinking like this….:)

MiniKing
      Participant

Nah your not man……:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

whens the next vid coming? should be good 😀

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.