first test of my new chassy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

the test was on a indoor carpet track. i raced 3 normal mini z s and 1 pro z. all the setups were stock becides the chasys.

my lap times were about 30 sec to 50 sec range ahead of the pro z times. i found my chassy dident push as much when conering like the pro z and i could corner alot faster and still keep traction. i was suprised that on carpet it handled like a 1/10 scale car.

after i was happy with the handle on the stock form i broung on the hop ups a pn 4g motor mount a pn 38 turn with neo magnets soft flat foams with med. in the front. adj. alu slider with 1deg. toe in pn ball diff with carbie balls and my 2X6 fet pcb.

at high speed i had some tie hop on the back end when i was cornering so i put on my ultra soft 0 plate “just thinned out a soft plate” and my roll shock set with some soft springs and the tire hop stoped.

i also did some drifting test with the car with hard tires in the back and ultra soft foam in the front and the drifts were really good the back end slid till i let off the gas then and straghtend the wheels and then i just hammerd back on the gas and never went out of controle.

i took a few pics of it and the outher chassys im makeing and i ll post them later tonight.

im also makeing a drag chassy thats based on the bomber chassy but longer so you can use the funny car model bodys and has enought room for a orion flash esc. i found out hot to bypass the stock esc and use micro esc s. this set up will let you got top fule with the car and let you use 8 cells “as menny as the flash esc can handle” and will have a adapter i made that lets you use the orion big block motor in the mini z “its so big like dropping a eng. outta a mig into a beetle” also i ll have some kind of wheele bar for the back becouse this thing will pick its front tires off the ground.

the drag chassy should be ready for testing some time next friday and the bomber mini z28 and the sts will be ready for order on monday. i havent found a price yet but really its farly easy to make dosent coust much to produce so it wont be much. i ll sell some on ebay and i use pay pall.

the blue used in the prototype is speical and i ll only make the first 3 prodction chassys in that color becouse i have very little of that stuff left and i cant find any more. i ll have a diff. shade of blue along with some bi and tri color chassy s.

im also makeing a rtr mini z car on the bomber chassy the chassy is metalic blue and will have a silver topcad top plate stering slider front knuckles front sway bar pn racing 4g silver motor mount and roll shock set set of cf x plates silver megatech alu. front body mount for a skyline GTR 2X6 fet stack all wires will bne replaced with silacone wires and a nml super sonic will power it.

if you have any questions on this chassy you can ask me or ask a guy at riders hobby shop about it “he bought my 1st prtotype” his e mail is elictric_banana_2000@yahoo.com

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have a good memory lancer_evo, i know exactly who electric_banana_2000@yahoo.com is……..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.