first time painting 1/10… S15 Sylvia

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion first time painting 1/10… S15 Sylvia

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

thought i d post this up, see what you guys think. Learnt afew things along the way, but i m pretty happy with the result so far… will post another pic once decals are all in place…

TallduDe
      Participant

looking good so far man.

u definitly need drift wheel for that bad boy!

dgs73
      Participant

after what was a rather longish amount of time, 90% of the decals have been added… the rest were done late last night, after this pic was taken. TD; that’d be cool… might do that:p

Edited by – dgs73 on 11 March 2005 08:49:17

betty.k
      Participant

looks good man!:smiley2: purple is a tricky colour, one false move and it looks gay! but you managed to stay on the butch side with that one!:D
      next time you do window decals don’t cut out the middle bit until after it’s on the window. it will maintain it’s shape better.:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

looks good dave, may i ask what brand and colour the paint was?

merc-blue
      Participant

nice… pruple is hard.. i did a all pink/purple car once .. still was almost macho even running tamiya 0 offsets

mini-g
      Participant

he used tamiya metalic purple.

dgs73
      Participant

the finished product!!! Photos taken before it’s maiden voyage… z-beam; Tamiya PS-18. betty; would’ve maybe done it that way, but the biggest issue was the fact that the headlights/tailights, door handles, etc. were located within the window trims, so unfortunantly it would’ve been difficult to keep the inside stickers in decent shape while removing from the windows. Here’s the front view anyway…

dgs73
      Participant

…and the rear… actually handles very well, so will be using this for racing…

kevsta
      Participant

Looks very nice !

Going to have to rub my 350z against it.

😀

TallduDe
      Participant

i have no fear about damaging my Altezza shell :p

man i missed out yesterday bloody werk would have been to good to run the rcs i got an itchie trigger finger LOL

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Looks very nice !

Going to have to rub my 350z against it.

😀

hahahaha… no worries… you gotta catch it first though, lol… yeah, i’m not really worries about this getting dinged up, and cant run it outside of novice due to its being a two door and all.

betty.k
      Participant

i like it alot! the red & yellow decals look great with the (manly:clown:) purple.
      and i dunno why but a race number makes a body look fast!:D:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

purple was actually my second choice, but the hobby shop i went to had no metellic royal or navy blue so this was the next choice… thinking of doing a vx Commodore in white and making up some Police vinyl. You know, the blue checkered sides and all that. (Are cop car vinyls the same from state to state? Not sure, but i’d say not). Be funny to see a 1/10 vx cop car chasing others around at the track. Just gotta figure a way to do the lights on top… ah, ideas are ever brewing in my head…:D

mini-g
      Participant

man it has been done, will try and find the mag’s they are in.

dgs73
      Participant

and here i was thinking i’d had an original idea… at least that answers my question of this idea’s illegality… might have to give it a pass then. oh well

mini-g
      Participant

yeah it is hard to find something that has not been done b4….. they even did the wrx cop car that vic has. keep pondering.

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, um… ok… maybe that can go on the back burner for a while then…:smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah, um… ok… maybe that can go on the back burner for a while then…:smiley2:

You could always do a mini cooper s cop car… I’ve seen some going around in Sydney…

TallduDe
      Participant

You seen the FHM mini now thats a paint job i wouldnt mind! LOL

dgs73
      Participant

thats pretty cool… wonder what’s painted on the rear of the thing…:D

mini-g
      Participant

MMMMMMMM…..i want one!!!!!!

z-beam
      Participant

i love it talldude! thanks for showing us that…

the mostinteresting cop car colours ive seen where in victoria along the great ocean road… silver with flouro orange and sky blue… intense colour scheme that really stood out!

dgs73
      Participant

opting out of the cop car idea now… still going to do a vx though, no doubt… just gotta come up with something different

TallduDe
      Participant

are you doing a VX because of the class of racing in castle hill dude?

wouldnt mind joining you guys next time u go.

mini-g
      Participant

tommorow night TD…

TallduDe
      Participant

hmmmm cant tomorrow working again 🙁

if its every 2 weeks then i cant make it then either going on a weekend holiday that weekend im missing out on my sunday racing that weekend aswellblackeye:

ill have to get back to you on that one then, i hate doing that. i want to go but i havent got the time.

when i go there wouldnt mind picking up some frewer bodies that 540 clas they got there sounds like fun.

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      are you doing a VX because of the class of racing in castle hill dude?

wouldnt mind joining you guys next time u go.

yeah mate… next step up sees me needing a Commodore or Falcon… might go AU Falcon yet, not sure. No doubt i’ve got a bit of time before i move up… lol It’s every week but i think next Friday might be off due to Easter…

TallduDe
      Participant

which shell has better aerodynamics??

all i know is compared to other shells those arent that great!

but ill be interested in a shell none the less im all for a commodore shell.

dgs73
      Participant

Stratus and 2.0 Stratus are pretty popular… very aerodynamic, plus, i’ve won twice with the 2.0…:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i suppose but ill race ya with the altezza 😀

got some drift rims coming should be fun at meadowbank if i ever get a chance to go pass that area again. :smiley16:

dgs73
      Participant

you have to one day dude, i’ve still got those stickers here for you…:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

He better,

Still toooooo much fun to be had down the park
      :smiley2::smiley2::smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

To bad you guys,

TD, Kev
      That you have your 1:10 racing on sundays, And thanks for letting us know…

When are we going to race Z’s again GUYS…?:evil::evil::D:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

im free next sunday……..hopefully i will inform i dont make plans further then a fewdays because life has a tendency to creep up on me. 🙁

mini-g
      Participant

is there racing at tempe next sunday TD??????

dgs73
      Participant

i’m there. We racing this Friday Dave? Pete; bring a Z. We all tend to have one there, something to do when the 1/10 batteries die…

Edited by – dgs73 on 31 March 2005 11:29:55

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      i’m there. We racing this Friday Dave? Pete; bring a Z. We all tend to have one there, something to do when the 1/10 battereis die…

MAN…..for sure….

dgs73
      Participant

no worries… looks like i’m charging batteries all Saturday afternoon now… oh, bring the Giant Dave. I’ll chuck the T in the bag. Hey look! This has become the Sydney racing topic now…:p:smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant

I’m keen on running the Zs, next Sunday April 10th at meadowbank sounds good.

Also want to run the mini cooper:)

dgs73
      Participant

at this stage the track will be present… four Z’s is enough in my opinion…

peteWah
      Participant

So thats TD, Kev, Dave’s, Me, Mocky

dgs73
      Participant

oooh… bold type font… lol Mocky; you MUST be present this Sunday. Kev i think was next Sunday, Pete

peteWah
      Participant

hopefully we will all be there on the 10th

dgs73
      Participant

and most of us will be there this Sunday the 3rd…:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

well there is racing on this sunday at tempe the (3rd) but i cantm make it due to famioy stuff sister giving birth on sunday i think (well thats when shes booked in for the operation) so that means i havent run any Z’s or 1/10th in a few weeks i would really like to be there on the 10th!!!!

lets just hope life doesnt shaft me again :smiley16:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      well there is racing on this sunday at tempe the (3rd) but i cantm make it due to famioy stuff sister giving birth on sunday i think (well thats when shes booked in for the operation) so that means i havent run any Z’s or 1/10th in a few weeks i would really like to be there on the 10th!!!!

lets just hope life doesnt shaft me again :smiley16:

I didn’t turn up for the races either so that I could spend some time with the family and have this coming Sunday free for Meadowbank.

TallduDe
      Participant

damn aye kev thats a shame! you could of won novice class!!

ill be there the next sunday its on hopefully with two runing cars.

dgs73
      Participant

and the Zs of course…:smiley2::p how’s the Minis going guys?

peteWah
      Participant

And have you guys tried the Zs on the track at tempe…:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

the mini is good, everytime i run the mini in a carpark people always stop and look. alot walk and smile had a good looking women smile at me the other day wasnt too sure if she was smiling coz of the car or coz of me. LOL.

have yet to try a mini z at the tempe track afraid it will get eattin by the 1/10ths. i will run a z there one day trust me :smiley16:

dgs73
      Participant

i know what you mean… i want to try out a Z at Castle Hill, but i think it would end its life…

Edited by – dgs73 on 05 April 2005 09:12:12

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.