Flexible Antenna using Guitar String

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Gotta say that the “what’s the best antenna” subject has been covered sooo many times it’s not funny, but here’s my 2 cents anyways….

Went out and bought some electric guitar string on the weekend, gauge type #9, for the bottom string. I gotta say that this stuff makes for a great antenna. As most of you have seen from my pictures I’ve primarily used enameled wire, but not anymore. This wire is very fine and best of all incredibly tensile. THis means you can bend it and it will still retain it’s shape.

One thing I’ve noticed with antennas on these cars is that if the antenna is bent over and laying close to the ground the distance you can get is very short. If the antenna is standing up straight you get a futher operating distance.

The guitar string allows just that. Also it is so fine it allows you to have a longer antenna without upsetting the balance & center of gravity of the car. Good stuff.

ph2t.

Participant

frick! and i just sold my guitar too :S:(

lmao!

nice tip dood.. i’ll be sure to chekkit!

Participant

One string cost me $2 and I can get at least 5-6 antennas out of it….. I *think* I saw Micro do this to his cars first….. God I rip a lot of ideas from Micro….lol! :approve:

Participant
      Quote:
      I *think* I saw Micro do this to his cars first….. God I rip a lot of ideas from Micro….lol! :approve:

He’s bad influence.
      Your mummy wants me to remind you to stay away from men like that.
      And also practise your piano.

Now, about that funny riff that is heard each time the guitar-antenna car goes near a magnet… :D:D:D

Participant

Lol! Panda….. I’m too slack these days man for piano practice……As for the riff, I’m seeing some *fine* air guitar happening….
      :p

Participant

hehehe 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.