flyin’

Home Forums General Chat flyin’

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Thought talldude and others might like some of these pictures I took yesterday while flying up at Blackheath.

http://community.webshots.com/album/95528914OWZqgF/0

TallduDe
      Participant

dude that fricken alsome!

i use to camp along that cvalley every school holiday for 2 years!

know that area well, learnt by getting lost!!!!!!!!

alsome stuff btw im going to do the whole handgliding cource in late october early november. hope to take some pics like that myself one day.

oh yeah how was it? the flying i mean.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
      :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Dude that’s insane!!!!

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 29 August 2004 16:46:43

Keymaster

check this out

Taken today at Temora 😉

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 29 August 2004 22:27:53

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

niceeeee i love the old spitfires, was there any mustangs there?

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      dude that fricken alsome!

i use to camp along that cvalley every school holiday for 2 years!

know that area well, learnt by getting lost!!!!!!!!

alsome stuff btw im going to do the whole handgliding cource in late october early november. hope to take some pics like that myself one day.

oh yeah how was it? the flying i mean.

Whats the name of the VALLEY then?

TallduDe
      Participant

Gross dude

the trail i use to follw went down mt victoria then through the gross valley to blackheath, about 25-50 ks depending which path you took.

it was ezy for us kids to do it seeing mt victoria had a train station and so did blackheath, a basic station to station walk.

y dont u believe me dude?

i even know katomba hospital seeing that i dranck contaiminated water along that valley!

so yer i know that area

Keymaster

http://aaron.ausmicro.com/29-08-2004_Temora_Aviation_Museum

That’s the link tot eh full gallery of pics from the weekend!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

trash
      Participant

There are three different valleys. The Grose Valley, Megalong Valley and Jamison Valley.

I took off from Blackheath lookout (about 3400ft ASL) The bombout paddock in the valley is 2400ft.
      I picked up a thermal and climbed to cloud base which was about 6000ft ASL, broke through the inversion layer up to about 8500ft ASL over Blackheath town. I could have kept going to about 11000ft, but it was getting a little too cold and I didn’t have my gloves on.
      I followed the highway north to Mt Victoria and then west over Victoria pass and then northwest along the ridge (I think it’s Mt Ovens ?)
      I could have kept going to the next ridge to pick up lift, but I didn’t have a driver, so I turned SW and headed back to the Oberon turnoff where I could easily hitch a ride back to Blackheath.
      I was flying my paraglider on that day. There were two hang glider pilots with me, one just scraped over Victoria pass and landed at Hartley, the other decided to try the run out to Lithgow. I didn’t see how far he got.

Keen to show you the site talldude when you get a few hours up on the coastal areas. Air is much smoother on the coast, it can get very rough inland like Blackheath. The thermals have a lot of power in them during summer.

peteWah
      Participant

Who said they did not beleve you…. You did, ‘ I said nothing !…

Quote:
      Gross dude

the trail i use to follw went down mt victoria then through the gross valley to blackheath, about 25-50 ks depending which path you took.

it was ezy for us kids to do it seeing mt victoria had a train station and so did blackheath, a basic station to station walk.

y dont u believe me dude?

i even know katomba hospital seeing that i dranck contaiminated water along that valley!

so yer i know that area

Thats good, do you want to go for a bush walk up that way somtime, there is a good walk from my sisters house at Valley hights…,:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

from Valley Heights to Springwood, also a station to station walk just not so far up the mountains as katomba or blackheath and is still gross valley i think…:smiley2: Let me know if you want to go some time:smiley2::)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.