Foam tiles for mini-z tracks

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      icebreaka
      Participant

Hey,

Just wondering if these tiles would work for a mini-z track:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44079&item=5507744007&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

thnx

merc-blue
      Participant

hmm i dont know there i fine cell foam .. they dont have great grip and joins arent great (if i was you i would go to clark rubber and buy a roll of recycled tyre rubber it will be cheap and very grippy and also rollable … just need foam tyres and would be perfect

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve got interlocking play tiles set up in my lounge room and the z has heaps of traction on it. Don’t know about those on ebay though, but I reckon shipping would be quite expensive to get them here.

As merc blue says you can get some recycled rubber from clark rubber, if you check my gallery you can see that I have lined the floor of my garage with it. The only problem is that you’ll need heaps of gaffa tape to stick on all the joins. Traction on this rubber is superior to any other surface that I’ve driven on.:)

merc-blue
      Participant

lol always good to hear that my oppinion is somtimes the rite one

icebreaka
      Participant

ok.. so how much does this rubber go for?

Am i better off using two big rugs that i have around my house?

kevsta
      Participant

Rubber mats measure 1m x 2m and is 2mm-3mm thick. They are priced per thickness, $2.50 per millimetre.

🙂

kevsta
      Participant

Rubber mats measure 1m x 2m and is 2mm-3mm thick. They are priced per thickness, $2.50 per millimetre.

🙂

peteWah
      Participant

Now thats a bit harsh charging by the mil 👿

peteWah
      Participant

Now thats a bit harsh charging by the mil 👿

merc-blue
      Participant

no by the MM (thickness) you buy squares of it and it cost more the ticker it is

merc-blue
      Participant

no by the MM (thickness) you buy squares of it and it cost more the ticker it is

peteWah
      Participant

Im not stupid, I am a jedi master
      I know his slang towards these matts being over or just under $8.00 a pop.

peteWah
      Participant

Im not stupid, I am a jedi master
      I know his slang towards these matts being over or just under $8.00 a pop.

kitsune
      Participant

My read of it was $5 for a 1m x 2m x 2mm mat or $7.5 for a 1m x 2m x 3mm mat. if that’s right to do a 6m x 8m track in 2mm would be 24 x $5 = $120
      in 3mm foam $180. Right?

kitsune
      Participant

My read of it was $5 for a 1m x 2m x 2mm mat or $7.5 for a 1m x 2m x 3mm mat. if that’s right to do a 6m x 8m track in 2mm would be 24 x $5 = $120
      in 3mm foam $180. Right?

kevsta
      Participant

They are $5 a sheet depending on which sales guy serves you.

The manager charges you $5. The part time sales assistant proceeds to take the measuring tape out from his back pocket and measures the thickness to 3mm and want to charge you $7.50 per sheet.:)

I obviously deal with the sales manager…[}][}]

kevsta
      Participant

They are $5 a sheet depending on which sales guy serves you.

The manager charges you $5. The part time sales assistant proceeds to take the measuring tape out from his back pocket and measures the thickness to 3mm and want to charge you $7.50 per sheet.:)

I obviously deal with the sales manager…[}][}]

dgs73
      Participant

Kev; and with good reason! Where does the extra $$ go? Those are the smae tiles as are used in kids playgrounds, am I right?

dgs73
      Participant

Kev; and with good reason! Where does the extra $$ go? Those are the smae tiles as are used in kids playgrounds, am I right?

kevsta
      Participant

You mean the ones on ebay, in the link above ? They look like it. You can get the interlocking kids playmats for something like $7 for 10 which are 30cm x 30cm tiles at those cheapy bargain shops – however they have animal/alphabet/number etc characters cut out of them.

kevsta
      Participant

You mean the ones on ebay, in the link above ? They look like it. You can get the interlocking kids playmats for something like $7 for 10 which are 30cm x 30cm tiles at those cheapy bargain shops – however they have animal/alphabet/number etc characters cut out of them.

dgs73
      Participant

so basically $7 per aquare metre? Not too bad, could maybe do something half decent sized for $150 odd…

dgs73
      Participant

so basically $7 per aquare metre? Not too bad, could maybe do something half decent sized for $150 odd…

kevsta
      Participant

I don’t think you’d want to use the kiddy play mats with animal/numbers/alphabet characters cut in them unless you enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. When the cut out characters fall out from the mat.. man putting them back together gives me headaches.

kevsta
      Participant

I don’t think you’d want to use the kiddy play mats with animal/numbers/alphabet characters cut in them unless you enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. When the cut out characters fall out from the mat.. man putting them back together gives me headaches.

TallduDe
      Participant

nar too many colours on the track surface will confuse drivers, well it will confuse the hell out of me! esp if we got a piece of tile dat has the same colour as the barrier!

much prefer to get muilt linking tiles which are uniform in colour.

TallduDe
      Participant

nar too many colours on the track surface will confuse drivers, well it will confuse the hell out of me! esp if we got a piece of tile dat has the same colour as the barrier!

much prefer to get muilt linking tiles which are uniform in colour.

icebreaka
      Participant

i went to clark rubber today.. n the guy laughed at me when i asked for 2mm recycled rubber??

He said the thinnest he had was 3mm EVA foam.. and a 1m X 2m sheet of that was $21.95???

Hmm!? so what exactly am i looking for??? 😐

icebreaka
      Participant

i went to clark rubber today.. n the guy laughed at me when i asked for 2mm recycled rubber??

He said the thinnest he had was 3mm EVA foam.. and a 1m X 2m sheet of that was $21.95???

Hmm!? so what exactly am i looking for??? 😐

kevsta
      Participant

Yes, its called ‘used’ eva foam mats. Call the Haberfield Clark Rubber store on Parammatta Rd to see if they have any in stock. The manager there said that they get pallet loads of the stuff on a regular basis.

kevsta
      Participant

Yes, its called ‘used’ eva foam mats. Call the Haberfield Clark Rubber store on Parammatta Rd to see if they have any in stock. The manager there said that they get pallet loads of the stuff on a regular basis.

icebreaka
      Participant

hmms.. so why is it $21.95 at the penrith store rather than the $2.50 per mm thickness that u sed???

And at penrith they only had one of the grey eva foam mats 1m x 2m rolled up.. the rest were thicker.. so is it cheaper at the haberfield store or what?

icebreaka
      Participant

hmms.. so why is it $21.95 at the penrith store rather than the $2.50 per mm thickness that u sed???

And at penrith they only had one of the grey eva foam mats 1m x 2m rolled up.. the rest were thicker.. so is it cheaper at the haberfield store or what?

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:

Don’t really know why it’s cheaper at the haberfield store. Perhaps transport costs are higher to get the mats to Penrith ? :smiley16:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:

Don’t really know why it’s cheaper at the haberfield store. Perhaps transport costs are higher to get the mats to Penrith ? :smiley16:

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.