Foam tyres – Lifespan? Performance?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

What sort of lifespan do foam tyres have? (If kept inside and away from concrete).

I’ve just moved into a house with floorboards and was thinking I should try them out.

ph2t
      Participant

On floorbards, try forever. Seriously.

Kerosene
      Participant

That’s exactly what I want to hear. Good stuff.

Keymaster

Even on concrete they’ll last quite some time. Certainly they’re good for many hours of running on any surface. I’ve still not completely worn down my original set of narrow softs and I’ve had those for close to two years!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

mine get a majority of their run time on netball courts… my original set (purchased easily over a year ago) still have a lot of wear left in them.

betty.k
      Participant

it’s worth mentioning there are many variables.

the brand: gandini powerfoams are by far the best. period!worship.gifi’ve seen jamie tear a set of other brand foams in minutes. once, ph2t wore through a set of squat foams before the batts ran down! i’m not even gonna bother with the crap foams that came with my iwaver!big.gif

surface: personally i’ve been running my gandini’s on rough concrete, foams rear and rubber front. my foams last just as long as rubber tyres did. i estimate between 1 – 1 1/2 hours of solid hard racing. like ph2t said, on your surface they should go a long way.8ball.gif

Viper_14
      Participant

yeah on my mission carbon i have foams and i have been running them continueslyfor 2 months on tarmac! and they are still perfectsmile.gif

Kerosene
      Participant

Excellent. Sounds like they will last a lifetime indoors.

I’ll be ordering some in the next few days (from ausmicro of course).. as soon as I work out what offset/width to get.

z-beam
      Participant

they particularly shine on surfaces that are undrivable with rubber. most of the prime space in my house is smooth tiles and my z’s got a lot more use once i had foams fitted. i was using hard ones as well…

Keymaster

Well order up folks becuase we’ve just had another 27 boxes of tyres come in!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.