For those of us in sydney???

Home Forums General Chat For those of us in sydney???

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • Author
      peteWah
      Participant

I know its been done before but can those of us who have the time and live in the sydney basin, Can we organise a race meet at some time in the new year.
      Its just a sugestion BUT who would be interested (dgs73 im typing at you)
      :pcd79

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve tried Pete… no one cares, or they dont have time.

peteWah
      Participant

BUGGER THAT…
      you lazy people without time… make time for it please? :D:D:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

well it all depends really, a whole group of us could meet up to swap things, you never know could work out.

needs planning

PandaBear
      Participant

Don’t leave it to “someone else” fellas, just be
      PRO-ACTIVE and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY and Just Do It! 🙂

Doens’t have to be anything too formal, just
      organise a get-together where a bunch of guys
      and meet without getting too hassled by others
      (you will appear to public as ‘wierdos’ playing with toy cars…:blush:)

Quick tips:
      1) best is a central location, not too far away from most comers
      2) think of those who don’t/can’t drive – public transport?
      3) best not to be in a ‘licenced’ place where < 18s can't enter (legally)

dgs73
      Participant

me, PCD and another mate already hit it almost every weekend, at an area which has your 3 points covered, Panda. Right on the train line, in the Ryde area (sort of), and an unlicenced venue. More a Z surface, and M A S S I V E.

trash
      Participant

Location ? Address or Lat/Lon ?

Is there a time they you are there on a regular basis, like 4pm sundays etc.

twizm
      Participant

im from sydney and wouldnt mind a meet up of some kind to race and stuff, im from cronulla/sutherland shire area and im tired of racing on my bathroom floor 🙁

icebreaka
      Participant

lols.. what ur ages guys.. cos im only 16.. lols.. yous could be serial rapists or something haha

dgs73
      Participant

I be 31 icebreaka. We’re not all seedy old people…
      Trash – location Meadowbank park (on the Hornsby to City line), time varies but usually around 2pm.

dgs73
      Participant

and next weekend (only a week and a half!!!!) i’ll have the Monster down there with me too:smiley16:

trash
      Participant

A serial therapest ? Are you suggesting (if this is their first counciling session) that after
      they counsels you, they’ll go on to council other people. They make not like to repeat offend ?

16 I would have though you were old enough to deck some creep that hassels you on a train.

These days I’m assuming there are even more freaks out there. Common sense is your best friend. Parents never want to do fun stuff with their kids. Either have an irresponsible adult
      take you to events or go with a group of friends (more than 3) and make sure that you don’t seperate and lookout from each other.

Thankfully weirdo’s and creeps are a very small minority and you chances of encountering them are small.

TallduDe
      Participant

i would be interested in meetin up would be cool to see rc stuff in action.

so who is going to plan for this anyway?

ms char-ged
      Participant

i’ld come for sure

trash
      Participant

did I type that ?
      I’m questioning what it was I ate for lunch now ?

TallduDe
      Participant

feeling like a wise old adult for a sec were ya trash?

anyway so is it final on the 21st of this month we meet up a that place?

correct me if im wrong here:p

dgs73
      Participant

sounds cool… I’ll be there this weekend too. So who’s going now, and what’re we bringing? i’ll have afew Bits and both Z’s, and the Monster if it’s here by then… Trash, if you’re coming, and its not a hassle, could you bring your RS-4 and/or Xmod? Would’nt mind a gander…
      Last off, should I PM you interested people my mobile number so this’ll come off hassle free? Easier if we all meet up at Meadowbank station or something, me thinks

peteWah
      Participant

yeah, so who will come to the do then…
      dgs73 has done all the ground work, lets work it out…
      cheers:pcd79
      :D:D:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

you’re coming this weekend too, eh Pete??:)

TallduDe
      Participant

ill be there.

so whats the addy and what time do you think it will start?

ill bring my bcg stuff cause i aint got a mini z 🙁 still debatin whether to get a mini z or not.

Edited by – TallduDe on 12 December 2003 17:22:15

trash
      Participant

I’ll try an be there. I had some other plans for this weekend, but that depends on the rain etc.
      Address and time… sunday arvo is best for me
      but any other time I will try and be there.

icebreaka
      Participant

i’ll go when i get my P’s… that’s still in april hehehe

TallduDe
      Participant

ok correct me if im wrong and i guess i will be seeing that it is 6am but if the meet up this Sunday as in tomorrow the 14th or in two weeks time? :question::question::question::question::question::question:

peteWah
      Participant

we are meeting this sunday the 14th at meadowbank park netball courts and the following sunday as well…

pcd79

dgs73
      Participant

this Sunday it is. Was there yesterday, but interested parties lost interest, or got lost. SO. Sunday 21st December, same time (2pm). Anyone else wanna join in?
      Oh, btw, talldude, where’d you get 6am? Keen…

trash
      Participant

I’ll make another attempt to be there.
      Was interesting to see what gear other people have. There is plenty of room down there to fly as well. I did a few laps with the B29, and there is more than enough room for the A40’s. I have another plane to test fly this weekend, a Dash 8.
      The netball courts have a good surface on them for the mini-Z’s. Not as nice as a polished floor, but still excellent for outdoor.

TallduDe
      Participant

ahhhhhhh cool another one on the 21st i can be ther

sorry for missin the last one but i had a new arrival appear in my family. i am now a monkies uncle, had to visit my little niecee at the hospital :D:D:D:D:D:D

ill be ther next time unless my sis has another kid in the mean time:p

dgs73
      Participant

sweet sweet… congrats too, talldude. Ya know your getting old when your brother or sister have a kid… i’m an uncle twice now…
      Keen to see that plane trash. The other one last weekend was cool as…

peteWah
      Participant

YOU CAN DO IT ???

dgs73
      Participant

maybe we’ll get a couple more this Sunday pcd… I just hope it’s not as hot as last week…

peteWah
      Participant

congrats to TallduDe im waiting for my sis to get her ass into gear because i cant wait to be an uncle myself…

dose any one else have the time to spend
      (YOU CAN DO IT ???)
      Trash, your plane was great cant wait to see the others Dash 8 included … your cars were quick to and had a very diff attitude to the way ive seen dgs’s car’s perform its hard to say who’s was quicker on the day….
      (ILIKEITALOT)
      And this may sound a bit dickey but remember to wear or bring sunblock as i know i was not the only one to burn 👿 under the clouds Ha Ha

cheers:pcd79 or pete

TallduDe
      Participant

hopefully ill have my plane as well for the day!

is there any chance of driving someones mini z on the day i kinda want to get one but want to drive one first before i waste my life savings modifing one 😀

hey can i get the exact address for the place btw?

trash
      Participant

catch the train to meadowbank … north of strathfield.
      When you get off, walk towards Parramatta (west).
      It’s a big park and you should be able to see the netball courts without too much hassles. It’s about 5 minutes walk from the station at most.

I’m hoping to be there again.

TallduDe
      Participant

well i hate trains, i really hate trains had to catch them everyday now i just drive everywhere alot less hassle.

if its near the train station then i should find it no probs.

dgs73
      Participant

yeah talldude, i’ll have both with me again. Should be sweet…
      The nadress of the area of the park we’ll be in is at the very bottom of Adelaide Street, which is off Victoria Rd (access from East and West approach). Just out of West Ryde.

peteWah
      Participant

Be sure to study a street directory before you leave for those who are not sure of the area… it may help!!!
      :D:D:smiley2::smiley2:
      pcd79

peteWah
      Participant

do you think that the bits would do any good down at the park dave, i dont remember ever seeing them run down there…:p:p:p
      it would be good to see some fast fast bits racing against those micro bikes that trash had down there last sunday.
      pete…:D

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, good idea. They wont look that fast though, even with all da mods… place is just too big.
      btw, bring your Bits with you tonight.

Tim
      Participant

So make this clear this is a mini z race this sunday in Meadow netball courts right?
      when exactly, time?
      wat do i hav 2 bring because i got a modified z ready to kick all ur assssses

trash
      Participant

Well looks like I should be around sunday. I’ll probably bring a box full of machines down and make an arvo of it. I’m building a bit track at the moment, I might have some of it finished by sunday, I’ll just throw it on the roof racks for you kiddies to test out.

So bring ya Z’s and if you don’t have one, then bring a bit. If you answer is C, (none of the above) bring yourself !!!

TallduDe
      Participant

sweeet should be a good day.

ill bring all my bit toys :smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

we’re not all kiddies trash…:smiley2:
      bringing both Z’s, and a hand-full of Bits… no Monster though, has’nt arrived yet…
      Tim; I dunno about a full-on race, it’s more of a bit of a hoon, when you see the size of this place you’ll not want to be confined to a course… time is 2pm, I will be down there sooner. Just look for the Ausmicro t-shirt…:approve:

ms char-ged
      Participant

Just getting this straight, will we be meeting up at the park, and racing indoors? Hopefully i can make it on Sunday, should be good 🙂

trash
      Participant

it’s all outdoors.

ms char-ged
      Participant

what kind of surface would we be racing on?

Tim
      Participant

sorry guys couldn’t come last sunday

did u guys end up racing?

micro_Amps
      Participant

So how did it go guys?
      :)uA

trash
      Participant

Another quite day, just the four of us plus hanger on 🙂

Damn wind picked up…. decided to do the stoopid thing and try some simple flights. I think I managed to hit everything in the park with with my A40 before I finally broke a wing.

It’s already flying again on the same wing. Thank you 5 minute epoxy !

Edited by – trash on 23 December 2003 20:02:29

TallduDe
      Participant

you must have shares in 5min epoxy trash by now!:D:D

we really need more people coming then hopefully we can start a mini z club and get some racing going, show those 1/10th guys that these things can race as well.

Edited by – TallduDe on 23 December 2003 20:34:32

trash
      Participant

I want that stuff dentists have !
      Splash it on and blast it with some UV and it sticks like sh*t to velcro !

>a view into an evil mind<
      I’m wondering what caos I can cause with stuff like this an my HeCd laser.

Locktight is another good glue that is always good for a laugh…. ever seen a torana glued to the road ?

betty.k
      Participant

har har!:D reminds me of a famous dj that superglued an, um, vibrating object to another famous dj’s face while sleeping! wish i was there for that one:8ball:

Admin
      Participant

Howdy all,

Just got my first set of Mini Z racers off ebay and looking for some racing action in Sydney.

You guys still meeting?

dgs73
      Participant

oh yeah… going to be there this Sunday 18th, and generally every Sunday, weather permitting. So, what modl did you get Garat? Is it series 1 or 2 chassis? First test drive of the Monster Z will be this Sunday too, for those of you interested and in the area…:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’ll have a drive dave.

Tim
      Participant

hey guys r u meeting up again
      when and where i wanna join
      btw how old r u guys?

dgs73
      Participant

you’ve gotta be joking Jamie… unless you’re in Sydney at the mo? Tim; usually every Sunday. Read back through this thread to find the specifics of where we are. As for age, i’d say average age 27.

peteWah
      Participant

So how did the monster go dgs, AND DID YOU GET YOUR PLANE…:D:D:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

no plane yet Pete… and the Monster rocks!! Did’nt take it to the park tho. Gimme a buzz today, we’ll get it going again this arvo…

ph2t
      Participant

Ok fellas. I wanna see pics and video….You guys are getting shat on by us Melbourne pukes….There’s a lot you need to learn about marketing…..

raise the awareness with easily available media and more people will want to come…

ph2t.

trash
      Participant

sorry dgs… had a shocker weekend when I said I’d be there. I spent 99% of my weekend on the floor with a monster headache and I hadn’t read this thread until now. Just drop me a PM when you going to be around. I have some things already planned for tomorrow, but I might be able to get some time in there somewhere. 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

sorry dude, pretty heavy weekend myself, did’nt wind up going. Got some $$ for you when you’re about, if the plane’s still available…
      ph2t; as soon as I get a pc cable i’ll upload some pics from my phone (best I can do at the mo…)and wack ’em on the site.

Tim
      Participant

Hey all the hobby shops that i have been sells mini-z which includes Hobbies in the hill, Hobby shop in Pyrmont, Hobby Co near Town Hall and Hobby shop in Parramatta. This is a sign that a lot of people hav them. We should ask them if we could put up some sort of ad up to join the race at Meadow Bank park every sunday, so it would attract more people to come and race. Maybe later we get sponsor and have official races?

dgs73
      Participant

sounds like a good idea… i’d be up for free mini z parts, we just gotta get the numbers!!! Anyone who showed up yesterday, big sorries, had the mother of all hangovers…:dead:
      Next week i’m back. Monster’s modded, begging to be abused, plus a few suprises on the racers…:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

sounds like a good idea… i’d be up for free mini z parts, we just gotta get the numbers!!! Anyone who showed up yesterday, big sorries, had the mother of all hangovers…:dead:
      Next week i’m back. Monster’s modded, begging to be abused, plus a few suprises on the racers…:smiley2:

Keymaster

I have more FETs coming into stock tomorrow 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

hmmm… cant help myself… will grab 12 if possible…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

how are u installing them dave??? :D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

you are my man…:D

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.