Ford Focus WRC IW-02, cool!!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Check it out, my new toy…..:p:p:p:p:p

I gotta say that I’m pretty impressed, with just a handfull of hop ups, the IW02 handles better than my mr01 ever did. What I have done to the IW-02.

3racing ball bearings

kyosho mr02 hard front springs (yellow)

I put graphite on the front kingpins to help smooth out the front suspension

3racing rear roll shock set for mr01, medium springs (green)

kyosho stock mr01 gear diff (old one I had)

pn racing modified motor mount ( I knew I kept it for a reason!)

stock iwaver motor in an ATOMIC can with neo’s ( I did this because I needed a can that had the screw holes in it so it would screw onto the pn racing motor mount) No fet stack or nelly turbo yet, hence I why kept the stock armature.

The stock parts you get with the iw02 are crap, these include the screws (the heads strip easily), h-plates are craooy plastic. the rear diff is even worse that when I got my iw-01 ages ago.

so some things must be replaced, but the motor mounts (RM and MM) are both good and I didn’t have any issues with them. I chose the pn racing one cause it fit the best with the ford focus shell…

the motor is stock iwaver motor. I did notice when I pulled it apart to transfer it to the atomic can that there was a lot of crap on the commutator that required cleaning….. now I’m running the stock iwaver armature in an aTOMIC can with neo’s and the 9t pinion. This provides for great accel (given stock fets) and good top speed.

But as I said before, the biggest thing is the handling. The chassis comes though the corners a lot more even now and will maintain that line you set earlier on in the turn. I accoplished solid turns with 2/3 power. There were quite tight turns and given the slighty rough (concrete) surface Iwas happy.

This car is now definately a track only car. With the detail on the autoscale shell is mad!

for the price, I give the IW-02 a big thumbs up. I would definately get the following though

bearings
      better diff
      graphite mr02 h-plates
      mr01 roll shock set (or mr02 rollshock set, depends on motor mount setup)

so there you have it!

cheers,

ph2t.

Participant

go the focus!

Participant

lookin good, i like details on that body indeed.

that the same roll shock as you got for me? it looks pretty top quality!

also i got that hi-dash motor for you…

Participant

…the focus body ROX!! Definately need one for a repaint job…If i find some i will pick up two 😉

Participant

nice looking ride there…. need some good spotlights for some cool night time rallying 🙂

bit if ya find a couple add 1 for me will ya please

Edited by – Priest on 08 December 2004 02:45:48

Participant

oooooooooooooooooo toy *prod prod*
      hehehhee iw02 still fettable like the 01s?
      nice ride ph2t love that focus shell and every1 look its ridin high.

Participant

the smart money says don’t let me near it!:dead::8ball:

Participant

Yeah the focus looks sick i wonder how an IW02 will go up against a MR02 i reckon it would be a good race ……:D:smiley2::D:smiley2::D

Keymaster

For info, I have an IW04 coming in the group buy so we’ll see how well FET modding works on that board 😉

I belive the 02 type of chassis is vastly better than the 01 for handling…

So how does it rate against the X-Mods ph2t?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

kicks its arse i bet…

untill he puts the 02 pcb into the xmod and then we will see an equal test of each chassis’ abilities…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.