free directory assistance number

Home Forums General Chat free directory assistance number

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

someone told me that instead of dialing 12455 or whatever it is and being charged 25c a pop, try 1223. it’s supposedly free.:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Correct, Telstra, being still majority government owned, must supply a free directory assistance number, which is 1223. The Sensis (heavily advertised) number which is 1234 charges at 40c per call and 4c PER SECOND!
      Sensis will connect you but directory assistance wont.
      From what I hear Telstra will be selling off Sensis so the plan is to beef up the bottom line, push the pay number and ignore the free number.
      BTW this is only for Australian phone callers.
      :)uA

z-beam
      Participant

1223 is only free from landlines and public phones… been using it for ages!

but there attitude towards clients is very biased, for instance being a guy if i ask for the adress of a place as well as the number i get a big fat no can do. if an elderly person does the same they useually give it to them every time.

it would be nice if all call center operators spoke clear english/aussie but some of them are so not understandable… the funniest i ever got was an irish girl took me 5 minutes to comunicate what i wanted….

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.