Front Springs

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Go to your local hobby shop and get a pack of replacement springs for the “car connections” on N-Scale train cars. They fit Perfectly around the front suspension rods.. You may have to trim them to get the desired performance.

Admin
      Participant

Hey JMauld

Any chance of a manufacturer or part number for a pack of these things? I know a number of folks in here would be keen to start digging them up online. :smiley4:

Thanks in advance

Derek

Admin
      Participant

yes! anyway you can give product detail specifics?Part no etc?

The springs I have on my bitcharg right now are from a japanese mechanical pen, and they are stiff! The car just isnt heavy enough to move em! It looks great but the tension seems to interfere with my steering a bit. I definitely need smaller diameter springs that are soft enough to give at least some play to the front end.

Also, the springs I have screw up the magnetic pull on the steering… Have you tried the springs yet? Even just a loose staple segment (not even a full staple) that attches itself to the lower front chassis screws up my steering, until I unstick it.

Admin
      Participant

Okay, I’ve spent some serious time searching and can’t find a number for these springs… I took them out of a spare Bachmann N-scale train car that I had. I’ve seen the springs packs at the hobby shop and the next time I’m there I will check and get a number for you guys.

Admin
      Participant

Oh yeah, my steering is already screwy because the return spring is “out of shape”. I’m looking for a replacement for that. In the meantime, I’ve ordered two bullets from toyeast. 🙂

Admin
      Participant

As in the other post, someone mentioned toyeast will be selling the spring for 2 bucks and 1.50 shipping. Look into that, sounds better than searching at a hobby store. Dave

Admin
      Participant

The steering spring? Or springs for suspension?

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

There two different springs being discussed. One is the return spring for the steering, which is being sold my toyeast. The other springs, which this thread is about, are used for the suspension to give more of a true action, instead of using the stock sway bar. Since you can cut them to different lenghts you could also make your own adjustable suspension.

Admin
      Participant

Found it. Or one of them anyway. This package contains enough springs for 6 cars at under 5 bucks. “Kadee” brand also makes them, but couldnt find the part number on thier site.

“Micro Trains” Brand Small Parts Packet -#1029… $4.30 pkg
      Filled with spare parts for #1023 & #1025 N-Scale Magne-Matic? Couplers.
      Package contains:
      3 draft gear boxes & lids
      12 coupler centering springs<- Must be this
      12 truck restraining springs <- Or this
      3 coupler shanks
      6 00 x 90 x .187″ screws
      6 00 x 90 x .112″ screws
      3 bolster bushings 3 bolster washers
      3 bolster pins
      1 coupler instruction sheet
      12 coupler trip pins

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

hopefully that’s the same system as the Bachmann system. The springs I saw were just a pack of springs, nothing else. I promise next time the wife drags me to the mall, I’ll get the name and numbers off of it. 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.