full scale flying

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion full scale flying

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      trash
      Participant

Here’s an interesting link for Manilla which is holding the world comp next year.
      The pre-worlds were held in march this year.

http://www.manilla2007.com/Default.aspx?tabid=149

betty.k
      Participant

wow, looks spectacular! sure beats hot air ballooning!:D :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

man thats a dream of mine!

You still flying the 1:1 stuff trash?

although i would love to own a handglider. money and time get in the way.

but one day soon(after i finish my rally car) ill get one.

trash
      Participant

yep, I’m still flying. don’t let the cost put you off. A cheap hang glider can cost less than an mid priced RC plane ! You can pick up a cheap hang glider for $300. It won’t fly like a dream, but it’ll make you a much better pilot.

A good midrange hang glider costs about $1000 second hand. This is about what I would get for my glider if I sold it now. It’s more than capable of flying cross country. I’ve flown it from Stanwell Park to Wollongong and back on several occasions. The longest flight I’ve done with it was 6 hours.

Paragliders are slightly more expensive, and they wear out after about 300 hours of use. I do about 20 hours a year on mine.
      Looking at ebay, there are a lot of cheap paragliders on there. Most of them look good but you’d want somebody who’s been flying for a few years to be able to tell you if they are ok.

If you’re in the Albury area, go up and check out Bright. There are plenty of paragliding and hang gliding instructors in the area, an if you do one lesson every weekend costsing $100 or so, you can flind yourself flying free in a few months without missing too many dollars. Most instructors also hire out equipment, especially if it is one of there own students.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.