full suspension dual cell desert hummer

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

just uploaded some pics of my latest project, operation desert hummer. i used a tomy chassis, installed the front and rear suspension, custom machined (with a drill!) and painted lego wheels and tyres. i put in a 2 x 1/4 AAA 70 mah nimh batt pack from an enertec clone, flipped the pcb and made a clip to hold it down cos the clear cover didn t fit well. in fact both of the ccg s i bought had ill fitting pcb covers, i suspect it s cos they re glued. i installed a switch behind the batts so the nimh s didn t fully discharge. installed lights, removed that stupid wonky gun from the roof and finally i did a guitar string mod. here ya go,

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=105424644

it absolutely flies, and stays upright thanks to the added boing! ideal driving surface is concrete with a bit of dirt or sand scattered around, beautiful drifting and circle work surface!
      believe it or not i m gonna take this suspension thing up a notch, but i don t wanna rush the next project so it may be a little while, still finalising design and assembly plan. but i m feeling a little like big kev about the whole thing!:smiley2::8ball:

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I wanna see, but I think that webshots album is locked. I can’t get in.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Actually, I just figured it out. For anybody else having troubles, just hit up his webshots link under his signature. You’ll find it there.

Sweat job dude!!!!! That’s skill!

ph2t
      Participant

fucken brilliant man! You used any of those springs I gave you yet?

ph2t.

brendan
      Participant

awsome man i love it, how strong is the suspension

betty.k
      Participant

ph2t, not yet. but definately on the next one, just want it to be a surprise!:smiley2:
      brendan, the spring on the rear gives 2 mm of travel and i adjust the tension by making the hole in the spring bigger till it’s soft enough. so it can be as stiff as you want, just make it too stiff at first and gradually soften it with the hole. same goes for the front, i just soften it by bending the sway bar till it offers less resistance. i should add that the wires to the motor must be very thin and flexible so they don’t add to the rear spring, and stiff wires will break at the terminals quickly.:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

betty, you’re the WRC custom team in the bitchar-g world, great work!

merc-blue
      Participant

thats it betty i need 1 of these soo bad….. just the suspention i got other wheels in mind 😀

betty.k
      Participant

heh heh, thankew, i love dert!:blush:
      merc, i’m about to pm ya:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

nice work. very neat indeed.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.