Fully gpm Xmod or Mini z Mr010

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      henal
      Participant

hi
      Guys can you tell me if its worth getting a miniz Mr 010 over this
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270124514507&rd=1&rd=1 i going to mod this with miniz electronics and a diffrent servo so its going to cost me over 170 usd dollers but then i was just thinking is it a better choice to buy a Mr010 what do you guys thing i should do buy a miniz awd or just mod this one
      thanks

merc-blue
      Participant

Dont do it,
      GPM dont make very good quality parts

rcs2die4
      Participant

Yeah, What Merc said !!! They use to have really good parts but there QA has gone to S#!T!!

And My personal opinion is that the MINI Z AWD 010 is also a far better car !!

jollyboss
      Participant

of course mini-z AWD electronic and plastic quality is great( a long way better than xmods)
      But suspension and weight balance is better on xmods.
      For the suspension especially the gen1,if alloy and with bearings(better if wide track),but also the EVO system is better than a mini-z,if alloy.
      I say if alloy because stock chassis has very much slop in wheel shaft and knuckles,but problem can be fixed with GPMs and bearings.
      for the weith balance the Evo is better,because the gen 1 has batteries sidemounted,a little hieher than EVO.
      The position of the batteries on the AWD,all on one side,gives some balancing trouble in turns,for waht I’ve seen.

Gpm isn’t the best alloy producer,but on an xmods the performance are great…and of course you can switch an xmods fro RWD to AWD when you want and without huge cost(AWD kit cost around 20 USD…)

just my 2 cents

henal
      Participant

from what i know he done up the gen1 years ago so i gess gpm must have been good at that time and as i will be using lipo which will stick on the sids so i gess it will be aright do drive and what jolly said that in the mini z awd the battery are all on one side and with a xmod you can just get rid of 4 wheel dirve if you dont want it

jollyboss
      Participant

with all that upgrades and costs the performance became similar…more or less…it’s a taste matter.

I’ve been in xmods for a year,now I’ve bough an iwaver8similar to mini-z) and I really don’t dislike it…

henal
      Participant

hi
      i just payed for it but he charged me 37 dollers to shit it to uk and the item weights about 3 pounds (1.3 kg) is that a right price or did i just get riped off

jollyboss
      Participant

yes the shipping pirce is around that,if he ship with usps priority mail international.

I’ve paid almost always around that shipping cost when buying from the states…

henal
      Participant

was there a way for it to be cheaper like around 20 dollers or 37 is just the right price

jollyboss
      Participant

go on http://www.usps.com and checkout your costs.
      I’ve just paid $27 for a 2 punds,discounted because paid the shipping online

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.