Fully propo bit (not zz)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

Take a look at this… http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14802
      All i can do now is drool

Edited by – titaniumonkey on 09 November 2003 07:31:05

micro_Amps
      Participant

There are plenty of micro r/c Rx options out there, you can go fully propo without the need for a steering servo at all, but you need a 2 channel commercial Tx and the micro R/c rx pcb, each of which is going to set you back about $100 – 200. So it gets pricey.
      I have the data sheets sitting next to me for a micro Rx that weighs just grams, but can control 3 channels (servo drivers or coil actuator drivers), includes an onboard ESC, and a BEC, runs on lithium poly cells, and also has a low voltage cutout to protect the cells. This would be perfect to put into a BIT, but its going to set you back $300 just for the Rx, then I still need a 4 channel Tx to control it.
      The technology exists, its just a matter of how much do you want to pay. Good stuff though.
      Here’s a pic of the kit showing the flying actuators (if you used it in a plane) but this Rx pcb would go straight into a BCG and run the steering coils as totally proportional as it sends a constantly variable stream of pulses to the coils holding them in any position. The ESC is integral so you still have 2 extra propo channels to play with. This kit requires a 4 chanel FM (neg shift) Tx, eg Futaba, to control it.
      AEFA_130903_P1010486_350.jpg

:)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 09 November 2003 11:07:17

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I kinda lost you in the technical talk. Good stuff though… This bit is the second one whihc is actually built as a fully propr car whereas some other people say they can but haven’t done so. THe first propo bit I have seen belongs to Oldtamiyaphile, I think…

merc-blue
      Participant

hey couldnt we just build a simple pic based rx that could do us propo.. ive done some non propo … b4 n made them plenty small enough to fit into a bcg…

NSR34
      Participant

damn, if any propo pcb boards are bein made i want 1, Micro amps, would u be willing to sell 1 ?i love the propo steering on my bigger r/c car
      😀

micro_Amps
      Participant

NSR34, I wasnt joking when I said they are $300 for one of these micro Rx pcbs.
      Still interested???

Merc Blue, most of the micro propo stuff nowadays is pic controlled (including the one above). Bloody amazing pieces of electronics.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

You should be able to pick up something like that for around $100, another $40 for a servo, and $50 for a TX.

I’m now scratch building propo cars in 1/32 scale.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes you are right about the prices, this one is top of the line (very thin bandwidth and large range) for high quality (high $$$) micro r/c planes.
      I know a few people that make their own propo micro r/c gear, same size as a BCG pcb for 2 channel propo and an ESC. Its really good stuff.

NSR34
      Participant

yer i spose i’d still be interested as long as it was propo steering and acceleration, are those Rx boards propo both ways :question:

Admin
      Participant

couldnt u just do a proportional thing on a controller? Like get it to pulse the signal to simulate tapping the steering button?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes (and there is a thread here somewhere already on this topic) but different commands allow different pulsing rates. It gets complicated but it does work.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.