Gandini Racing Foams, ph2t

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Izord
      Participant

Hey man, I ordered some of those foams from Dinball. On their website they said they were “for Benz”. They look like the ones you linked to from AusMicro, but they were too narrow. Not the actual tire, which was the right size, but the inner part of the rim was too narrow so the axle stuck out too far and the wheel nut couldn t tighten down. This is for an MR02 Diablo by the way.

Are the ones here at AusMicro the same narrow ones? If so how did you get them to fit? What kind of car did you run them on? A MR02?

If AusMicro has the right ones, I might have to order from here, but I don t know how the shipping to the states would be.

Thanks man, I m looking for some good foams.

Izord

Izord
      Participant

OK, figured this one out for myself. There’s some little spacers to put inside the wheels to make them fit. Also I used a bearing on one of them. Still the problem that Dinball doesn’t carry the front foams yet.

Izord

betty.k
      Participant

i think your best bet is to order from ausmicro. they’re guaranteed to work and i’m confident shipping will be cheaper than dinball:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

the wide foams from the ausmicro store work on the front and back no problems. i dont know why kyosho only makes wide rims for the rear axle only…

maybe you got a set of the narrow rims izord?

ph2t
      Participant

cool, where did you get the spacers? a home made job?

Izord
      Participant

Not home made. Just those little black donut that come with the mini-z spare parts bag. Same size as bearings.

Now I’m running the foams all the way around, front and back. The hook-up is incredible. My floors at work at very shiny waxed smooth floors, and I’m able to run with control on them.

I’m very pleased now.

By the way, when will the Nelly Deluxe become available? I have some Li-po’s to install.

Izord.

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      the wide foams from the ausmicro store work on the front and back no problems. i dont know why kyosho only makes wide rims for the rear axle only…

I think that only works when you have a wide body car, needing no offset all round :question::smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

yea, there’s no real need to use spacers… on 01 just go narrow or wide all round (depending on the width of the body, of course! I found wide on all four corners to be quite nice to drive with a Merc. wide shell…), or get a set of each for 02, narrow front and wide rear. This’ll give you a spare set for your 02 as well… hope this helps

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.