Getting a BCG MOSFET mod done.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

If you havent seen it already, have a look here,
      Installing BCG MOSFETs mod & what it does then come back.

This is how the finished product looks. It goes like a rocket,climbs hills, screams accross carpet, handles corners great, and charges on a standard controller charger because it is still a single cell car.
      FET_MOD_all_finished.jpg

I am currently offering to do this MOSFET mod for AU$20 for people in Australia or US$20 (or equivalent) for people outside Australia.
      To do this I need you to send me your bare chassis, you send it to me in a padded bag, I mod it, test it, and return it to you in the same packaging.
      I can do the mod “same day”, so all you wait is the time it takes for the post to get to me and then back to you again.
      I will email you on receipt of the car and again on departure, to keep you informed, or you can just check the post below this one to see the current status, it will be regularly updated.

All modded cars would be completely tested before return to their owner. I have all the different controllers, (all 6 freqs. and 4B) so testing is not a problem. I prefer at this stage to stay with genuine Tomy chassis, BitChargs and Microsizers. Clones and others will be considered after a hands on inspection to confirm they are compatible.
      Standard airmail should do to get it to me from outside Australia. Locals, just use a padded post bag, like the one used for CDs.
      Payment can be via cash (in with the chassis) or Paypal.
      If you are interested, please email me (bitstuff@dodo.com.au) or PM me here and we will organise things from there..
      :)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 30 May 2003 21:37:29

micro_Amps
      Participant

The current situation……

number 1 ph2t, completed

a couple more on their way back to their owners.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 28 June 2003 23:59:00

ph2t
      Participant

Whooo, yeah, come on!!!!!

Can’t wait….
      :p:p:p

ph2t
      Participant

Good stuff man, just don’t tell anyone where I live……:approve:

DaveF
      Participant

Sounds good. So have you done one on a booster? Does it affect normal and boosted mode?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Welcome back DaveF.
      The booster is an even better mod than a single speed. The high speed motors love this mod and its good to be able to run around on low(?) speed and hit boost and watch it zip by.
      I have just finished an internal dual cell FET booster mod and it is even crazier. Pulls wheelies and drifts like you wouldnt believe.
      Lots of fun hitting boost half way thru a corner and watching it drift out then recover.
      :DuA

ph2t
      Participant

I got my 27Mhz S2000 Compact back from Micro yesterday and I can only say one thing. WOOOOOW! This mod rocks! I can’t say that enough. At first I put back in a 2.2 that came stock with the car when I bought it. The 2.2 with the FET mod takes off faster than my 40Mhz Compact with a perfection 3.8. I then put the perfection 3.8 in the FET modded car and I gotta say that it leaves my clone dual batt with a 2.6 for dead!

The FET modded car has the following after market mods:

FET Mod.
      3.8 perfection motor
      Bit Racer Soft front and rear tyres.
      Crip cap (in the car) mod and longer antenna.

I run this car on polished floorboards so the soft tyres were the go. Taking a corner keeps the car on the ground. On carpet the car requires hard tyres for the front end or it will flip ( this even happened with the 2.2 stock motor!!!)

I gotta say that if you can get this mod done DO IT. Micro had my car back within 2 days, in great packaging and all the original parts. (The trasnsistors that were replaced are useful for a techo like me, Micro gave me the option which is great.)

I will be getting all my cars modded to suit. I will also take some video showing the results of this mod, watch this space!

Excellent job micro, Kudos!
      :D:D:D

ph2t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

There goes my business. Now i have zero income.

GT-ahh
      Participant

get a job…

micro_Amps
      Participant

No wait Jamie, a dual cell FET mod car is EVEN MORE AWESOME, let me tell you.
      And I AM NOT INTERESTED in doing internal dual cell mods for people.
      If people want a balistic dual cell FET modded bit, send the chassis to me first for the FET mod, then to Jamie to have it dual celled, easy.

There you go Jamie, back in business again.
      If anybody asks me if I will do a dual cell, I wont except in very unusual circumstances, instead I will pass them on to you.

ph2t
      Participant

me casa soo casa….:smiley2:

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

um, how much would it be from the states with shipping included, and if i order a new car could i have it shipped to your place so you can do it right away??? just askin im not sure yet:smiley2:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Surfmystrat, you have a PM.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I do have a job lol but i took too much time off and pretty much kicked me off the roster…

Micro Amps that seems fair, spanks.

Admin
      Participant

hey microamps!, gotta say from what i’v read from your earlier posts this is a DAMN GOOD mod and a GREAT deal too! I’ve been trying to do some mods on my own bit but dont seem to have the time, my precious cars just sitting on my table collecting dust. Id really like this mod performed on my bit but just got one question… when you mean cash do you mean a cheque or the good ol 20 dollar note:question::question::question::D:D:D

Admin
      Participant

oh just one more question microamps! are you from Perth:question::question::question:

micro_Amps
      Participant

No not from Perth Froggy, I’m in Melbourne.
      You have a PM.

ph2t
      Participant

Well as promised here’s some video of the FET Mod in action.

The three cars pictured below have the following:

Silver Compact Char-G S2000, stock TOMY 2.2 motor.
      Blue Compact Char-G Skyline GT-R, Perfection 3.0 motor.
      Yellow MicroSizer Mistu Lancer,Perfection 3.8 motor. (FET Mod)

fet_test.jpg

And see the video of how they all take off from a stop HERE.

You can now see for yourself the power of the FET Mod.

Cheers,

ph2t.

UPDATE:

Here’s the same video in MPEG format for all you turkeys without divx. 😀

Edited by – ph2t on 13 June 2003 17:40:27

GT-ahh
      Participant

bugger me….

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My PC wont play it for some reason

GT-ahh
      Participant

its a divX….u need a divX codec

TallduDe
      Participant

hello everybody

i just got my car’s back from micro_Amps and it is hellar cool!!!!!!!!

i compared the MOSFET car to a dual cell bit(not internal dual im afraid) i had with a 3.8 perfection motors (in both cars) and i tested them on carpet(thats where i do all my driving cause a table top is way to short)and the results were that the car with the MOSFET beat my dual cell!!!!!!!

i am very impressed because the MOSFET car can actually be controlled aswell.it is a booster car and off boost it runs as fast as a normal bit with a 3.8 motor in it, with boost it flyssssssss!. although you have to allow for larger turning circles but it doesnt flip over all the time like my dual cell bit. i also did some angle tests with the bit and it can climb up ramps of 45 degrees from a standstill. which is very impressive.

i also had my H-1 hummer modified by micro_Amps and this thing now has torque!!
      it can run over anything basically!!!

very impressed overall.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Glad you like them Talldude.
      I’m now modding all the clones on the market as well, precious, ShenQuiWe, Lxx, cyclona, hummers, zipzaps, and any others, if you want one done just send me a PM.

ph2t
      Participant

See my video post above, I’ve just posted the movie in MPEG format…. I’m such a nice guy…..:approve:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thanks ph2t, yeh I’m one of those non DivX turkeys.
      hehehe, it really does take off.

ph2t
      Participant

That’s fer sure…..

Admin
      Participant

how much would it cost to get fet mod if i lived in the US if i bought the car off toy east and had it shiped to your place

Admin
      Participant

how much would it cost to get fet mod if i lived in the US if i bought the car off toy east and had it shiped to your place

micro_Amps
      Participant

Maximan, check your private messages.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Maximan, check your private messages.

HiCh
      Participant

i just got mu booster dual cell fetmod back from Micro_amps and all i can say is
      DAMM it rips!!
      the best thing is that noone can tell that it has been modded so if you own someones ass you can just say its ur drivin skills =)

micro_Amps
      Participant

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
      Another satisfied BCG owner now travelling at close to the speed of sound.
      Glad you like the rocket HiCH, they kick ar$e fet modded as a dual.

Admin
      Participant

Just got my 2 MSPRO Boosters back from Micro and all I can say HELLLLLLYEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!. This mod is awsome !!! I tore up two PCBs attempting to do this mod at home so the price MICRO charges is a bargain to me. I prefer this mod over a dual cell because it is easier to handle and easier to charge and is just about as fast. With 4.2 Pro motors installed, my 2 mspro’s are at least as fast as my dual cell cars and are much faster on a short/medium race track because of the lighter weight and better handling. I can hardly wait for MICRO to complete the my MSPRO Booster dual cell /FET mod. I guess most of already know that MICROAMPS is a cool guy too.

Admin
      Participant

$20 is a real good deal, I have tried this mod and it aint easy. My Fairlady Z made it back from micro_Amps in Australia the other day. It took a week there and a week back. All I can say is WOW! This is the first car I have that will do a wheelie, even with the 4.2 and teal gears! And it is only a single cell! It drives like my two cell booster zip zap now (not quite as fast, but close), I can use the boost to get the back end to come around in the turns. I got his new version that puts all the mosfets on the same side of the board. This reduces the number of wires needed. It also eliminates the wires running from one side of the board to the other. Now only two wires are needed, and they are tucked neatly in the center of the pcb. Great work micro_Amps, I love this mod!

Heres the results:
      Fet modded Fairlady Z booster, single 150 mah battery, purple zip zap motor, 7 tooth pinion, orange gears.
      before mod:
      unboosted 2 mph
      boosted 3.3 mph
      after mod:
      unboosted 3.6 mph
      boosted 5 mph
      It has way more torque now too!:D

micro_Amps
      Participant

Glad you like them JackD and Bdebde. 😀
      Thanks for the kind words.

barto_85
      Participant

I dont usually follow the technical topics on this forum but it seems to have lasted a long time. The video looks good and everyone seems to be loving it, well done Micro_amps.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Just got my 2 MSPRO Boosters back from Micro and all I can say HELLLLLLYEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!. This mod is awsome !!! I tore up two PCBs attempting to do this mod at home so the price MICRO charges is a bargain to me. I prefer this mod over a dual cell because it is easier to handle and easier to charge and is just about as fast. With 4.2 Pro motors installed, my 2 mspro’s are at least as fast as my dual cell cars and are much faster on a short/medium race track because of the lighter weight and better handling. I can hardly wait for MICRO to complete the my MSPRO Booster dual cell /FET mod. I guess most of already know that MICROAMPS is a cool guy too.

Didnt know u did dual cell mods micro!

Admin
      Participant

Just got my Zip Zap back from micro_Amps. The mosfet mod works just as well with them as the bits. Awesome torque and great speed. Thanks micro_Amps for another great job.:D

Admin
      Participant

Just got my Zip Zap back from micro_Amps. The mosfet mod works just as well with them as the bits. Awesome torque and great speed. Thanks micro_Amps for another great job.:D

micro_Amps
      Participant

Happy to help Bdebde, glad you like it.
      ZZs are excellent once FET modded

Admin
      Participant

Ever since I learned about FET mods I wanted one but I know I’m not capable of the level soldering skills needed. Micro posted an advert on a mini rc forum over here in the States offering to do FET mods and I took him up on it. I love my FET modded car!!! It can drive over heavy carpet, has lots of torque and it does wheelies! The job looks very professional also. I sent Micro a MicroSizer Booster chassis. The Booster cars have two speeds and work very well with the FET mod. I just ordered a perfection 4.2 motor and a silver Ferrari Mondena body for it. This is now my favourite car! I’m going to post another chassis to him for another FET mod and when I get it back I will do a dual battery mod. That car should scream!

Thanks micro_Amps!

Edited by – Frodo on 27 July 2003 15:36:08

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.