Getting close to buying a char-g

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

About to send an order for a BULLET BIT CHAR-G MAZDA RX7 BL #88 – 35MHz, cos its about the cheapest car available from ToyEast.com. Have emailed them to ask what engine the OEMBULLET cars come with but 2 emails bounced, (not a good sign, what address have you all had success with?) I think I want a 2.2 engine, but dunno what they come with..??

Should I bite the bullet (haha) and get a DigiQ??

Any advice about my impending purchase is appreciated.

Thanks!!

(oops, moderator can move this to ‘general discussion’ or something if you think it should)

Admin
      Participant

I’d get an official tomy car to start- the oem’s are cheap, but without patience they’re not really worth the money even so.

Tomy cars in the 27mhz range seem to have the best range from my experience. OEM’s on the other hand- if it’s your first car- you might get stuck with a total lemon and not really know it.

I readily buy oem’s but mainly for parts or modding experiments.

-dan

Admin
      Participant

why not get one from kmart?

If you really want an RX-7 you can always see if Aaron/Derek have one.

Ed

Admin
      Participant

If you’re going to get an OEM, avoid the Bullets, get a TT Tree or Thunder instead.

I have 3 Bullets here and the’re all slower / less manouverable than the other clones I have (so much soI still haven’t opened of the the Bullets, 40mhz red Skyline GTR that Toy East don’t appear to sell anymore)

Admin
      Participant

Ed- true- if you live in Australia- Kmart is probably your best option- too bad in the US, we still haven’t gotten a retail release of official cars, although I did see a post about checking Walmart- my local store doesnt stock them, and it appears Hot Wheels is releasing them to retail- although their website says nothign of the sort…

regarding clones, I’ve been more than happy with the smart car (z-cars in the us) performace, as they seem about equal to the tomy performance, although some tomy upgrade parts don’t fit well. I have a few other brand clone pn order at the moment, but the general feeling seems to be that they ARE inferior products due to their loose quality control.

-dan

Admin
      Participant

In the US, you’ll get MicroSizers – exactly the same as the Bit Char-G cars with accessories and add-ons too. The cars are due to ship mid september according to the tower hobbies Website. SRP is $39.99 – TH are doing them for $34.99. Bodies cost about $6.

Martin

Admin
      Participant

thanks for setting some things straigh..appreciate it….

Not gonna go for an OEM, as I feared- is kinda too cheap to be true….

No K-mart (or ToyWorld) around me has them…thats whay ToyEast looked like my best bet…..

I will look into prices of clones more…

Whatever I get, Im gonna have to put another battery in it…can they do burnouts???

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.