glue… an s2000 odessey

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      RacerX
      Participant

I’ve just managed to remove the clear top off my s2000 it has taken 1/2 an hour because the damned thing is GLUED ON! has anyone else seen this? I did not enjoy cutting it off with a scaple. wreirdest thing I’ve seen in a bit

barto_85
      Participant

So your clear s2000 shell had the roof glued down? is that on all of them?

RacerX
      Participant

no the circit cover was glued looked like they used plastic cement

barto_85
      Participant

ohh yeah, I think thats just on compacts, the PCB cover is glued down, is that what your talking about?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes the circuit board covers are glued down on the compacts. I *think* there is some regulation in Australia that anything (toy) sold with a NiCd cell must have it securely fixed it place, ie not replaceable. Somebody (Panda?) may be able to elaborate on this further, but I think this the reason they are stuck down.
      Any way, a hobby knife, and a tiny screwdriver, and lots of GENTLE patience, will get the thing off undamaged.
      :)uA

barto_85
      Participant

mine actually came off really easily on my compact. But was definitely a little harder than removing a bit’s cover.

RacerX
      Participant

stange my compact skyline wasn’t glued down

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, i had a compact skyline and didn’t find it much trouble to remove the cover either.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Its no trouble, just a few minutes an a hobby knife gets it off, but the buggers make a mess with the glue.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.