going large

Home Forums General Chat going large

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Renton
      Participant

Im looking to get away from my mini-z and get a buggy of some sort

Just wanting to hear some experienced feedback. I dont have a huge knowledge of nitro powered buggies and things, I do however want something thats powerful, sturdy, easy to work on and cheap for parts.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Kerosene
      Participant

What about a Mini-T?
      They’re cheap and tough – and electric.

jollyboss
      Participant

I’ve got the nanodragon2,it has a very god stock equipment(metal dogbones,and wheelshafts,pretty good motor,and no wheel wobble as the nanodragon 1).
      It gives you a little more work than the mini-t,due to its 3 differential-4wd mechanichs.
      The tx is great:10 memories,epa,abs,dual rate,atl,reverse and exp on both channel(there’s also a third-switch channel),and the module is switchable(you can put 40 MHz or spectrum.
      The first 2 things to change immediately are:stock bushing with sealed bearings(8 pieces,all the remaining mechanics has bb)and the oil ammo,cuz stock are crap…
      I’ve hears some friends runnoing with a 9,6 NiMh pack and the inopo motors(always from toyeast,30k for $8)getting real goo performance!

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

mate has a NanoDragon II, it’s his new favorite toy..

if you want a nitro basher, the Hobao Hyper 7 buggy (1/8 scale) is very rugged, and parts are plentiful and cheap. You can spend alot more, but unless you’re going to race, you shouldn’t have to. Expect to pay up to $500 for a complete RTR setup.

There are 1/16 nitro buggies available if you want smaller stuff, but the electric brushless versions are faster 😉

a good site to check out is http://www.nitrobashers.com . They are based here in Perth, and have heaps of experience in many offroad RC’s. Also access to cheaper parts.

Kerosene
      Participant

Nitro is for old geezers who don’t understand electricity 😀

Go for a “medium mini” brushless basher with lipos!

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

Nitro is for junkies who like noise and fumes hehe

And until recently, they were the only way to go for outright power

klims
      Participant

nanodragon 2 sucks! worst electronics i’ve seen. i guess they would be alright if you drive like a fairy, but on a stock setup its starts to get sluggish after about 5-10 minutes of thrashing around. i friggin burnt my hand on the ESC!!!

bought one of these a little while ago. absolutely love it! insanely cheap i reckon, but like all cheap things its lacking a little in quality. although its taken a fair beating so far and nothing has gone wrong. very quick stock, but battery life is a bit shit at about 10 minutes. i’ve upgraded to a BL 4500rpm/v with a 2200mAH lipo and it absolutely hammers! killer long runtimes too.

betty.k
      Participant

yer all bastards! he wants a great big, hairy chested, manly nitro truck! not one of your wussy girly “fits in my pocket” lektric toys! he wants something that will hurt when it rams into his leg, not bounce off! 😀

you’ll want to decide between a buggy or a monster truck.
      buggies are more geared up for precision racing wheras monster trucks are funmobiles that can go more places.

first, decide where you’ll be doing your shopping. then see what parts they mostly stock and go with that.
      off the top of my head the hpi savage has proven itself as a solid performer and there is a plethora of spares and upgrades available almost anywhere. :8ball:

Renton
      Participant

cheers for the replies
      Im not fussed either way (nitro/electric) Just after something fast, tough and easily up gradeable. My partner gave me a rather lovely gift voucher, for my birthday from the local hobby store down the road 🙂
      You would swear I won the lotto or something the way I have been drooling.Will head down on the weekend and see what is floating around

My mate gave me a venom mini rescue r/c chopper, like the picooz but better I feel

Anyway once again cheers for the feedback

Now is there anything / brand I should be steering well clear of?

Renton
      Participant

anyone have, or know of anyone with the following

* Kyosho EP4 mini inferno (stadium truck)

* Losi XXX-T

Look the goods to me, however anything with an antenna looks good to me.

Ive decided to go electric. seems less hassle than nitro

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

Duratrax Evaders (Stadium or buggy) are good for general bashing, and also kinda raceable.

The Nitro Evader ST goes hard 😉

rcs2die4
      Participant

what scale are you after ?

PandaBear
      Participant

@Renton 226346 wrote:

cheers for the replies
      Im not fussed either way (nitro/electric) Just after something fast, tough and easily up gradeable.

offroad i run a HPI Savage & Tamiya DF03… different horse for different course.

Upgradeable till your wallet cries for mercy, and then more.

Renton
      Participant

Well i ended up getting a HB lightning 2 and its a world of fun.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.