got my hpi fix, bigtime!!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion got my hpi fix, bigtime!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i figured i was ready to take on a 1:10 kit and the hpi rs4 rally was the only thing i found that suited my tastes. i like a car that can do road and moderate offroad well. and well it does!
      it s hard for me to rate it properly as my only previous 1:10 was non adjustable, friction shocks and almost worn out. so after that i would probably love a dick smith rc that was new!
      but the included package is awesome, bb s, oil shocks, very useable tyres and a lexan inner body that keeps the mess on the outside.
      speed and handling are fantastic, i dunno how i survived with friction shocks for so long! i was impressed with it s ability to hold it s line even in the rock and gravel covered car park i visit.
      and boy, is it ever adjustable! lots of shock mounting positions and turnbuckles to fiddle with. i don t fully understand how it all affects performance and handling yet but once i do i m confident it will be even better. and if i get some shorter touring shocks and slicks i can make this a competitive track car too.
      hell, i even like the sound it makes, the combination of the gears and belts makes for a futuristic hum!:D
      i m yet to do any painting on the lancer body that came with it so it s just chassis pics for now.

so if you think you want a rally chassis then the hpi rally is worth looking into.

oh, and i got one of these too:p:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Very nice BK, where’d you buy it from?

kevsta
      Participant

That’s very nice. I like the lexan tub that protects the chassis.

🙂

betty.k
      Participant

i scored a great deal from virgin atlantic, he was heading to sydney to buy up some hpi stuff and asked if there was anything we wanted. at first i was like “what the hell do i need hpi stuff for?”, then a few days later i discovered the rally and ate my words!:8ball:

virgin atlantic
      Participant

and i can still get some more! lemme know if any 1 of you want anything else…

TallduDe
      Participant

niceeee bug betty!

can youtell us more about it? been interested in those for ages just tooo gutless to fork over the dosh to get 1.

betty.k
      Participant

the rs4 mt is a pretty impressive package.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/mt/mt-m.htm

i got the baja bug version which comes with proline dirt hawg tyres and the bug body. the other version comes with a regular truck body and street tyres. so far all i’ve done is look at it so i can’t comment on how it runs.

comes with bushings so i’m waiting on some bb’s before assembly. it also has a slipper clutch, protective inner body, gear cover, oil shocks and has the same dual belt system as the rally. definately worth the bones, it’s a discontinued item so if you want one i’d look into it sooner rather than later.

here’s info on the rally
      http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/rally/r-m.htm

and the hpi homepage, worth a look for 1:10 newbies like me, lotsa setup pointers assembly advice even driving tips:8ball:
      http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

PandaBear
      Participant

LMK if you need BBs. :blush:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.