Got my Mini-T in the mail Wednesday, annd…

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Got my Mini-T in the mail Wednesday, annd…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlie Brown
      Participant

That s right! I am now the proud owner of a Team Losi Grey Mini-T. First off, I gotta say that out of the box, this thing handles beautifully. No flipping, and it powers through the turns amazingly. Going in the dirt was fun, but I didn t go too much because I didn t want to take any chances on a brand new, $150+ professional RC car…It also goes over bumps NICELY! I can t wait to get the bearings for more speed…plus, a 6 AAA holder from RatShack and some IC-3 AAA batts will make this thing even more FUN. Out of the box, it was slow (expect that from 4 AA alkaline batts) but it s still fun!

Excuse me, I m a little excited right now is all….

Some pics, out of the box (ignore the fruit dish):

c730dfc4.jpg
      73a390a7.jpg
      76d13c22.jpg
      3b1c27e5.jpg

After the run outside:

a49e8d07.jpg
      a25c95fb.jpg

How I mounted the antenna:

29b7956c.jpg

the next day…

I decided to see if the Mini-T TX would work on my Iwaver Mini-Z 01 (the one I m going to sell…it s such a good car, and I ll miss it, but the MR-02 would be so much better), so I took the crystal out of the Iwaver Z TX, and plugged it into the Mini-T TX. Worked just fine! There was no difference in the steering or speed, so I guess you could probably use the Iwaver TX with the Mini-T…..

Got the metal bearings in the mail and installed them…WOW! I rolled one of the front wheels with my finger, and it won t stop rolling for 12 seconds…literally! I now know why they call it the “super spin” bearing set, lol. I can t wait to get some new and better batteries to see how this thing will run now…

Edited by – Aaron on 22 November 2004 12:32:32

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      merc-blue
      Participant

dont put 6AAA such a waste of weight get a proper pack for it the ic3s are crap. .u will have a few 100 mah compare to 1500 you get from proper packs. of course the iwaver TX will work with the Mini-t RX/ESc combo because they are both 27MHz AM. chuck out the mini-t eletrics go out get ur self a good radio and ESC .. get a hs81 servo .. get oil shocks and a good 300 size rebuildable Mod motor. and yes charlie bearings spin its what they do

Charlie Brown
      Participant

lol….well, since I’m gonna have to go with the battery packs, I might as well get ready to buy a seperate charger as well. 😛 But anyway…I’m gonna have to start doing a loooot of chores around the house now.

merc-blue
      Participant

get a job man u will be surprised how quickly u have TONs of cash if u get even just 50 bux (USD) a week

Charlie Brown
      Participant

It’s not that easy when you’re my age, merc….

BTW, you on AIM or MSN or Yahoo?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I told ya it would have been far far far far far far cheaper to get a DTX Mini Quake…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

CB ur 15, i dunno about america, but all the fast food places love grabbing 15 year olds…

merc-blue
      Participant

or the rcmart DTX clone.. yeh im on msn.. boy_with_pants@hotmail.com

Charlie Brown
      Participant
      Quote:
      CB ur 15, i dunno about america, but all the fast food places love grabbing 15 year olds…

It’s the same here, but if you’re a CHUBBY 15 year old whose mother wants you to lose weight….theennn….

PandaBear
      Participant

How about Dunkin’ Donuts, or Donut King, or Krispy Kreme then..? 👿

McD’s is too healthy these days.
      Think its obscene to buy salads at McD’s. :p

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah i recon u could deepfry them salads or sumthing make the dressing outta pig fat just to make it more unhealthy.. if u want unhealthy there is always KFC

Charlie Brown
      Participant

Well, since I only had so much money to spend, and I needed better batteries, and I was lacking any good AA batteries, I went to Wal-mart today to pick up 4 IC-3 AA batteries. I popped em in the charger for 8-10 (out of only 15) minutes. I adjusted the gear mesh properly, took it outside and gunned the throttle.

smileeek.gif

This thing was about 3x as fast with a stock setup and 4 AA alkaline batteries! I had a lot of fun with it, zooming both uphill and downhill. It drifts really well in the dirt and on the smooth driveway (you heard me…it drifts!!!) Speed isn’t as fast as my friend’s nitro, but it’s fast enough to wake you up from boredom. It wheelies nicely too…start off in reverse, then JAM it forward, you’ll be amazed. That’s only with the super spin bearing set and 4 IC-3 AA’s! I can’t imagine how much more fun it’d be with a nice battery pack and a hotter motor…just insane.

Bottom line: A Mini-T with bearings and just 4 IC-3 AA’s, just 75% charged….I don’t even know how to put it. JUST BUY IT!!!

Oh, and make sure you properly adjust your gear mesh! Here’s a little help on how, scroll down to where it says “stop stripping gears”.

Edited by – Charlie Brown on 01 November 2004 08:22:10

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah theres also lots of other stuf u will be amazed at.. how much better contol u get with a better servo and oil shocks also how much more u break with a hotter motor and a proper pack. the trick is every time u break sumthign replace with alloy/graphite and it will be good

MiniKing
      Participant

man those mini ts look cool i want one oh well too bad ill just have to make do with my nitro buggy…..:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Merc, graphite parts ARE EASIER TO BREAK….they are more rigid, yes, for better handling, but much more brittle than nylon parts.

Oil shocks are a very wise investment, you’ll get loads more control-ability through the rough stuff.

Hotter Motor and NiMH pack, lower resistance, more power… ’nuff said!

Nylon is generally very flexy and will “give” in an accident if the other object won’t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

It’s the same here, but if you’re a CHUBBY 15 year old whose mother wants you to lose weight….theennn….

Theeeennn maybe a job could help? I work at McDonalds, and on a busy shift I find my self constantly running and changing directions, I class that as exercise, though I am a fairly active person (can’t keep still). Or you could always take 20 battery packs with you and follow your mini T interstate on foot (8).

You will be amazed how much cash you will get compared to doing chores, or in collaboration with chores, all these hopups you drool over will be within your sights.

icebreaka
      Participant

really does maccas really pay enuff? :blush:

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah man i heard maccas pay F**K all to there employees…better off getting a job packing shelves at nite at a supermarket……that was my first job when i was 17 and i was getting mad money enough to support the MX6 turbo(BIG BOOST….!!!!) i had at the time…..

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Yeah man i heard maccas pay F**K all to there employees…better off getting a job packing shelves at nite at a supermarket……that was my first job when i was 17 and i was getting mad money enough to support the MX6 turbo(BIG BOOST….!!!!) i had at the time…..

Who gives a flying fuck? A job is a job, gets you paid…

How much were you getting at the supermarket?

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah nitefill get a fair bit.. but im with kulhanek a job is a job and money is money

Edited by – merc-blue on 02 November 2004 14:53:31

Charlie Brown
      Participant

Yeah, but what I meant is, if I work at a fast food restaurant, then I might tend to eat some of the fast food, and….well…*puffs up cheeks and sticks out belly* You get the idea. 😯

MiniKing
      Participant

Dude F**kn relax im saying wat heard from friends who have worked at maccas a job is a job i agree and money is money i just giving my opinion…..btw i was getting $18 an hour how much are you getting at maccas????

merc-blue
      Participant

my first job was 19.83 WHOOOO mail room at a bank.. :dead:

MiniKing
      Participant

Good stuff merc……i must say though my new job pays heaps better than the super market ever did….wat do you do now merc????

merc-blue
      Participant

nothing im trying to get a job stacking shelves or sumthing.. im upgrading 1:10 gear so i need a job pretty bad

bithed
      Participant

…come teach English in Japan…i get 45 USD an hour 🙂 im sorry…i just had to say that 🙂

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      …come teach English in Japan…i get 45 USD an hour 🙂 im sorry…i just had to say that 🙂

That’s heaps. 4 hours work = 1 rc18t delivered. 😀

My first job in retail paid me $50 AUD for a 10 hour day.

bithed
      Participant

…unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, my better half holds the purse strings and i dont personally dont get that much…i also am paying a BIG mortgage, have one child going through the Japanese education system and half WAY too much ‘insurance’…Plus Tokyo is rated as the most expensive on the planet to live…Oh yeah i picked a doozy of a place to settle down…lol…

…The upside is we are on a bonus system, 2 months extra in summer and now 2 months in winter…it used to be 3 🙂 But most of my winter bonus is going on a single insurance payment, National Health Insurance which is an expensive scam the Japaese government runs to suck the life out of people…Goes very well apparently…

…NHK, national TV broadcasting, the equivalent of the english BBC, expeects me to pay monthly fees JUST for having a TV…LONG story short the collection person doesnt even bother coming anymore 😉

…Sorry for reviving this thread with my sad life story…its just a boring day..lol…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.