GP 950 Batteries

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Hi. i am fairly new to mini z’s, i have an AWD with full bearings,an iwaver x-plus motor and also external spider fet mod. Now i am only getting about 5-8 minutes run time out of a set of gp 950 batteries. I have also a set of Duracell 850 which is only a little bit better in run time. ( i have quality chargers and only charge at .8 – .9 amps) Is there a prefered battery i should purchase, i was under the impression that GP batteries were among the best out there. Is this run time acceptable?
      Any help would be grateful.

hybrid_liter
      Participant

no with gp 950s or most batteries for that matter you should get at least double that. one of my mini-z mr01s has the spider turbo with gp 950s and i have no probs. honestly you should recheck your charging specs with your batteries and make sure you charger is for nimh and you are letting it charge for the right time corresponding to your chargers mah output and the mah on your battery (950mah)…..oh yeah and it is possible…very possible that you got a bad set of gp 950s thats been d.o.a or sitting for too long.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

What charger are you using?
      Do you have dis-charge your batteries?
      Do you have try your AWD with normal motor or Kyosho X-Speed with that GP950? Does the run time are 5-8 mins too?
      Do you have try to put that GP950 to other normal Mini-Z to test? Does the run time is 5-8 mins too?
      Do you have try other set of GP950 on the same Mini-Z? (from same charger)
      Also, if you don’t want to burn your AWD PCB, please donot use any i-Waver motor.

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Thanks for the replies guys, i really dont think my problem is with the charging or the batteries, i have several chargers (LRP Competition 2) ( super nova 250s) (Novak ionic). Unfortunately i have only one mini z (so cannot compare with another)and i run on my indoor carpet track which is also quite fast, so thinking because car spends most of the time full throttle with vertually no wheel spin which equates to heaps of current draw. If the iwaver motor is no good then, what motor should i get? The standard AWD motor was way to slow for my liking or my track.

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      mr.micro.2u wrote:
      Thanks for the replies guys, i really dont think my problem is with the charging or the batteries, i have several chargers (LRP Competition 2) ( super nova 250s) (Novak ionic). Unfortunately i have only one mini z (so cannot compare with another)and i run on my indoor carpet track which is also quite fast, so thinking because car spends most of the time full throttle with vertually no wheel spin which equates to heaps of current draw. If the iwaver motor is no good then, what motor should i get? The standard AWD motor was way to slow for my liking or my track.

So, do you want to find out the problem? Do something..:smiley9:
      Do you have dis-charge your batteries?
      How many mAh can charge into your batteries?
      How old is your batteries?
      Try another set of batteries for find out is the batteries problem or not.
      Try another motor (stock) for find out is the motor problem or not.
      Try another Mini-Z for find out is the PCB problem or not.

If your AWD PCB doesnot had power upgrade modify, you can try Atomic AWD stock or 130 stock; if you done upgrade, try PN-S03, PN-S04 or Atomic T2.:approve:

By the way, if you are play alone, time is not a matter; just go to charge your batteries and play again. But I don’t think you just have one set of batteries..

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Found problem, it seems the Iwaver motor was the culprit. I installed the original motor and all is well, it ‘s only a little bit slower but much more drivable and run time doubled. Is it posible that the Iwaver motor could be interfering with the steering? It would sometimes dive to the right under acceleration quite uncontrolable, it’s like it is on rails now.
      Oh, should i be lubricating the pinions and gears, mine appears to be wearing a bit.
      Cheers
      Paul

Keymaster

You could try one of the PN S05 motors, they’re well known for being very efficient and peopel have run their Hi-Po cousins in the AWDs with success as well.

I get close to 30 minutes of good fast running from PN or Intellect batteries.

Haven’t tried to the new PN Racing 800Mah yet though

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.