gpm v2 turbo

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hello people from a new member

i am trying to find out about gpm v2 turbo for mini z monster

In more particular could someone tell me the power input to this turbo!!!!(or any other valuable infor about it)

Yes i know that it is better to have internal turbo, it will be my next move, but i have two mini z monster and i want one to have it with v2 turbo and the other one to test the FETs internal turbo.

Thanx people

peteWah
      Participant
      Admin
      Participant

Thanx mate!!! i have seen those articles but i think that those articles does not say anything particular about my question.

You see it is difficult to find out FETs at Greece, where i am from, i order everything from dinball Hong Kong. i have ordered 2x v9 FETsi believethese will handle much more power. But i want to know what’s the power input these can handle. Because i want to prepare the batteries and this info will help very much

betty.k
      Participant

i think you’re a little mixed up. an external fet mod is way more powerful than an internal one. and the spider or nelly are the best products on the market. if you can order from rcmart then you can order from the ausmicro shop or ph2t.

as for ‘power input’ the gpm v2 is designed for 4 cells (4.8 – 6v). any more and there’s no guarantees8ball.gif

ph2t
      Participant

yasuo havris!

the gpm v2 will have a problem on your monster, when the power is turned off it will fry the turbo unless you do the ‘mod for mr02’ as listed on the rcmart site.

otherwise, go for a spider, I reccomend it. I make the nelly turbo but I don’t make them very often, but Aaron from the ausmicro shop has the spider in stock.

you can check out the ‘woah nelly turbo’ thread in the mini-z technical section if you want to learn everything about PCB’s and mosfets.

cheers and welcome to ausmicro.

ph2t.

Admin
      Participant

OK!!! Thanks people for the info. I have already check out all the other products, like Woah Nelly and the online shop of Ausmicro and all relevant links

Also thanx Betty K. for the input power info. I though that the external turbos could handlie more!!!!! I was ready to make battaries that could deliver about v7.2 / Two (one each side in parallel connection – 2300mA and v7.2) so to have more power and more time.Pls advise something for this ‘project’

I have already ordered FETs from dinball.com in order to make the internal turbo!! 2 sets x Turbo FET-9A (2pcs) which are capable of v9.0 each set. Hope i am correct8-)so to put the v7.2 batteries

I am also trying to find FETs at stores here in Greece, believe me it is difficult!!!!! So to have spares ones!!!! I have a small problem with simpe spares!!! for a small piece of spares i normally wait 7-9days. 8-s 8-(

But I believe i got some basic idea how to built some things!!! i have 1 Firelap 4.0 and 1 Kyosho Mini-z Monster. Hope soon i will put some info and pics into this site.

Of course thanx ph2t for info in this site!!! By the way i have bypassed the main switch of my monster and dont have that problem , Also found some French guys that put more FETS on gpm v2 turbo and that was fun also!!!!Their site was on French and could not understand all of them but pictures and info were very interesting!!!!

and defenately will order more thinks from dinball and toyeast because i have tried them and all looks fine to meI (I will check and ausmicro store-must check shipping expenses). But i have to wait for a friend or two or more to order together so to minimize shipping expenses!!!!!

betty.k
      Participant

aawww, don’t give up that easily! rules are meant to be broken!xp1700.gif

when you buy a new mountain bike the manual clearly states: ‘not to be used for jumping, stunting or off road use. failure to observe these rules will void the warranty’big.gifAS IF!!!!!

so you can probably pump the lion’s into it, just remember the other important factors like current. try starting with a stock motor first and slowly work your way up until the fets get hot.8ball.gif

Admin
      Participant

Hello people again!!!

I have been looking around ausmicro.com and could find anything to my new question. As I told you I have the GPM V2 Turbo, and yesterday got my FETS 9v from rcmart.com. I was wondering, if I can install these new fets on to the V2 turbo, instead of installing them on to the PCB of my mini-z Monster.

Could you please give me your thoughts????????

In more particular I was wondering if this will work and if I could then put more power to the whole system!!!! Upgrading it from v4.8 to v6.0 or to v7.2

Does the PCB will handle it or it will be destroyed(input voltage I mean)

Also I have noticed that all people upgrading FETs manage to solder each ?leg? of FETs separately. Also I check some others that solder the ?legs? together. What is best????

Thanks once again for your help?!?!?!?

Keymaster

I can’t help with the V2 Turbo question… but on the leg soldering I can.

When stacking them you need to keep the input leads seperate. While on the output you only need to keep the positive and negative pairs seperate.

I link the pairs on the output so there’s two thick line sof solder heading up the stack. I do this becuase it’s physically tougher, which means the FETs are more strongly held in place. The greater mass of solder gets some extra heat away from teh FETs as well. The other reason is its easier and quicker to to do it. quicker soldering means less heat exposure for the FETs and that’s a good thing. Generally I do the output sides first and then do the fine work on the input side.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

Hello again!!!

I have some positive developments regarding Li-po batteries here in Greece!!! I finally managed to purchase one 1 battery (v7.4 1800mA) for the total of Euro90.00(Usd 105.00) with the charger included. I have also found a cool way to connect them to my mini z Monster and with a proper connection all will run smooth. I was wondering if just one battery is able to run the mini z monster???? Or I need to buy a second one???? To put each for each side???? I was thinking that I could install the single Li-po battery at the cover of the mini z monster!!! And leave the reception for the AAA batteries intact and run in some times as normal as I can.

The only question is if the GPM V2 turbo can handle these batteries.?!?!?!?!?!

(Could some put a few words on it) I was wondering if I have to install some extra FETs on the turbo.(I believe is better to install them on the V2 turbo that the PCB of my mini z monster) because my soldering abilities are very poor and better to destroy a turbo of euro15.00 instead of the PCB of euro 100.00 🙂 🙂 :-S

That all!!! Hopefully some day this might run (as a friend told either I will fry the hell out of it (my mini z monster) either I will put it in orbit around earth, with all this power) xaxaxaxax 🙂 🙂

And will post some pics cause I have install some neat alloys reems, tires and other goodies.

Hope to hear some good advise

betty.k
      Participant

judging by your questions you don’t really understand what you are asking.

stacking fets is a very inefficient way to gain performance. stacking fets on a turbo is a waste of good fets.

it looks good on paper, lower resistance. but in practice the fets don’t get turned on properly.

let’s say a fet islike the tap in your bath. it’s easy to think that adding another tap will make the bath fill twice as fast. but what happens is the taps don’t get turned on full. so the bath does fill quicker but it doesn’t get filled twice as fast.

a nelly/spider fet is like removing the stock tap and replacing it with a big tap that turns on full with only minimal turning. so the bath fills way fast and you barely have to use the handle.

that’s why external turbos like nelly and the spider are so good. both ph2t and aaron have taken a lot of time to research the ideal fet (tap) for the job. they are fets with not just low resistance but also a low rds on value (they get turned on more)

i hope that makes sense!sovxx.gif8ball.gif

Admin
      Participant

Hello people again

After a lot of preparation finally got some result.

First of all i manage to run the mini z monster on 6 cell, some kind of amazing result, the power was increased and the time of run, about 50 minutes good power to run around. In total the monster was running on 7.2v and the batteries were 6 cells, 1000mA.

And then the miracle!!!!!I connected the Li-po 7.4v 1800mA. The monster went to orbit!!!!! 😎 once i touch the throttle, the front wheels were in the air for as long i wanted!!!!!! Tromendous!!!!!!!!

the running time was around 20 to 25 minuts and the monster was almost fast as the mini inferno, with no extras of course!!!! Because another friend had the full extro powered mini inferno and was running next to me much easier.

All this managed only with the GPM V2 turbo. And i did all the usual tests, i run the monster for almost 5 minutes full throtlle straight and reverse (turning also the front wheels from left to right) and the FETs on the GPM V2 turbo did not had a problem, i could touch them without a prob.

The motors i tried were the Kyosho x-speed and the one that Iwaver shells and says that is the most powereful one(can not remember the name at the moment-something about 50000rpm.)

Finally i would like to thanks all people in here for valuable info and help and hope some day could run around together :-):-)

Geia sas people kai euxaristo (Nice to meet you and thanks a lot)

Soon will put some pics, Once i understand how can attach them to a message (if can tell me will be great)

Leonidas

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.