great lube for z s

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i ve been experimenting with lubes for my ball diff and shocks. i found grease and oil to be a problem as it s a dust and hair magnet. a couple of runs and the shocks look like my legs after a camping trip.:dead: and the diff leaks a little onto the spur gear and turns it to crap. so i decided to try out some chain lube for my bike. the stuff i have is called krytech by finish line, but there are others like this such as white lightning. the big deal with this stuff is it s a parafin type wax suspended in a fluid. squirt it on and the fluid evaporates to leave a waxy coating. this stuff not only won t attract dust and hair, but it actually sheds dust. and it won t set hard causing parts to seize. i ve gone a few runs now since applying the stuff and all parts are squeeky clean and running smooth. this stuff only costs about $10 – 15 for a 120ml bottle which will last you ages, you only need a couple of drops. i m yet to use it on the front end as i like some friction to add damping:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

this is great info man. been try to find a suitable one for ages.

Jay-Z
      Participant

i`ve been wondering what to use on my diff, think i`ve got some spray chain lube downstairs!! i`ve been using graphite powder on my king pins, don`t know if it`s a long lasting soloution but it sure feels smooth!!

dgs73
      Participant

will keep using titanium grease (ta BITHED!!), nothing beats it:approve:

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      i’ve been experimenting with lubes for my ball diff and shocks. i found grease and oil to be a problem as it’s a dust and hair magnet. a couple of runs and the shocks look like my legs after a camping trip.:dead: and the diff leaks a little onto the spur gear and turns it to crap. so i decided to try out some chain lube for my bike. the stuff i have is called krytech by finish line, but there are others like this such as white lightning. the big deal with this stuff is it’s a parafin type wax suspended in a fluid. squirt it on and the fluid evaporates to leave a waxy coating. this stuff not only won’t attract dust and hair, but it actually sheds dust. and it won’t set hard causing parts to seize. i’ve gone a few runs now since applying the stuff and all parts are squeeky clean and running smooth. this stuff only costs about $10 – 15 for a 120ml bottle which will last you ages, you only need a couple of drops. i’m yet to use it on the front end as i like some friction to add damping:8ball:

Might have to get some of this stuff. If it means that I don’t have to take apart the diff after every time I go for a run – it’ll be worth it. Does this stuff spin off the spur gear ?

Thanks for sharing.

betty.k
      Participant

i should add that if i was driving in a perfectly clean environment i’d be using a titanium or teflon grease. the krytech is not as good a lube as those, but it stays clean.
      it will flick off if you run it before it’s dry, and after that it gradually breaks away like a regular lube only quicker. so you need to apply it more often than other lubes, but you won’t need to clean anything. just re apply and go!

jay-z, spray chain lube is usually oil, check first. not a bad thing but i’m refering to the parafin wax type lube. and graphite is fantastic, messy but great. when my xmod runs a little slow a little graphite on the gears is an instant pick me up. just don’t combine it with oil, it’s one or the other:8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      … krytech by finish line, but there are others like this such as white lightning. the big deal with this stuff is it’s a parafin type wax suspended in a fluid. squirt it on and the fluid evaporates to leave a waxy coating. this stuff not only won’t attract dust and hair, but it actually sheds dust. and it won’t set hard causing parts to seize.

I buy it too, works great for nylon gears.

Krytech don’t “shed” as much as White Lightning original.

White Lightning original formula isn’t available in Oz anymore, the importer has stopped bringing it in. The “pro” formula is different, and not much good for our usage.

Ball diffs shouldn’t be waxed though; stick with ball diff grease.

Alternately for nylon gears, you can also buy a CRC green & black spraycan of teflon paint – seems to work ok too.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.