Group buy Iwaver.

Viewing 166 reply threads
  • Author
      mocky
      Participant

Anyone here wanna a group buy iwavers from toyest?

Keymaster

Dpending on how many takers you get i can run the purchase through the ausmicro.com Wholesale account with Toyeast…. Shoudl knock another $$ or two off the deal…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

wooooooooo, money saved=money spent on hop-ups.
      well lets hope im not the onli guy interested 🙁

CoSmO
      Participant

i’m in- also depending on who else is in- come on peeps- i get my first iwaver in a few days – and already got hop ups comin- need another for backup…

Super Max Power
      Participant

I am interested.

mocky
      Participant

aaron, how many peps do we need in this cult to get a good wholesale price?
      keep the interest coming.

Super Max Power
      Participant

Did someone say Cult!!!???

I am defiantly in!!!

mocky
      Participant

uve heard rite man a cult. iwaver cult.we’re not dissin real z’s but iwavers are proportional fun at a quarter of the cost. who wants to join this cult? So far its me and smp . Any other takers?

L337_krew
      Participant

i’ll join dis cult of urs? how much is da entry fee? lol (how much for da iwaver?)

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh im in aswell depending on how much im paying (how the aussie dollar is doing)

Keymaster

I’ll call up the pricing shortly – I reckon we need to hit about USD300 (so 10 or so?) … Then there needs to be someone who’ll send them out once they arrive in a batch.

I’m happy doing the cash collection and the actual order but wouldn’t have th foggiest how much extra it’ll cost to send them on to people once they land. But I can have them sent anywhere….

Anyway off to check pricing and conditions…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

brendan
      Participant

yeah, im up for one.

Keymaster

OK the ‘base price’ is USD22.90 + shipping. Now I’ve submitted a request for pricing on a shipment of 14 iWavers (I have to get over USD$300).

Once that comes in we’ll know the shipping cost and can add in the cost of reposting within Australia.

Then we can decide if it’s goingt o give everyone a decent saving!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Super Max Power
      Participant

If we get enough people in and the price is right I would be happy to organise and send out the IWavers to the purchases. I work for a logistics company so the cost of repackaging for shipment won?t cost anything.:D

Has anyone thought about hop-ups, it would be cheaper to get them posted with the bulk order rather than do it later.

Edited by – Super Max Power on 03 June 2004 22:12:23

brendan
      Participant

yeah, im not 100% sure but im about 70% sure that i will be able to get one.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I also want, but the servo gear only. After the servo gear broken, it can not work at all.

Keymaster

We’ll see what the numbers end up like…

It’s no good if we can’t move the 14 units required… While I’m keen for a ‘hack’ car money is mega tight at the moment.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

well if it all goes well i’ll probably go one of the mercedes:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah what the hell aye, im in for one audi tt blue for me plz.

betty.k
      Participant

toyeast aint stoopid, i noticed that these babies have gone up $2!:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

aaron. i recon alot of the melb boys could probly all get them sent in one once u got them to save and do the same for the sydneyers if u understand in stead of one to betty and one to me and one to leon (im sure he’ll be in) and also ken (hes from melb to rite?).. to save postage…
      just a sugeestion if this acctly goes down

kevsta
      Participant

If it works out less than $40 delivered, then put me down for a blue skyline.

CoSmO
      Participant

i’m definately in – if his goes down- just as long as it costs me less than i would actually pay by myself…

i paid $60au (dollar was trading at 71c US)
      roughly around that figure anyways-

by the way the dollar seems like it’s going to cointinue going down… let’s get a move on peeps- before the dollar goes too low and before they hike up the price again…

Super Max Power
      Participant

If we are short on numbers I might get two.

How many buyers are we upto now anyway?

Edited by – Super Max Power on 04 June 2004 16:43:22

mocky
      Participant

we’re still short on numbers, onli 7!! Thanks for the response but we need more!!
      for ken if u still have the broken tooth from the gear u can always glue it bak. If not get another piece of plastic and glue it on and dremel to size.
      and ive got dibs on a silver skyline.good point bout hop-ups. How much would the light set cost through ausmirco’s wholesale account?
      well the iwaver itself cost 33AUD and plus shippin it should go over 40 but not by much.
      to Aaron HACK car! well im cheap too so yeah i need something to ‘hack’ at for a lil while. maybe i’ll learn to care and love for this hack.
      Maybe…..
      well hopefully wen i put fets in this thing i will work.
      for now call ur friends, family, fellow z’ers and even strangers. any1 else interest in the buy?

Edited by – mocky on 04 June 2004 16:49:59

Edited by – mocky on 04 June 2004 16:52:41

CoSmO
      Participant

if it’s just over $40au including shipping- then you can make that 2 for me…

what number are we trying to reach and – what will be the expected price including shipping- if you post that – then i’m sure you’ll get peeps to order.

wat is the expected price (including shipping) if we get x amount of orders????

Edited by – CoSmO on 04 June 2004 17:23:37

Keymaster

I’m still waiting for Toyeast to give me a quote for a block of 14 iWavers delivered.

It’s about the ‘minimum’ I can get a quote request on.

Shipping will be pretty high I think….But may spread out OK…

As Super Maxx is talking about handling distribution my suggestion is that we split, Sydney, Canberra, Melb and others and then have someone in each area distribute out…

If they’re ‘cheap’ I’ll take two….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

Just a thought, is it just limited to i-wavers or is it open to people that want to buy a kyosho mini-z at a wholesale price ? If it is, you’d reach $300 USD easily.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh if we open it up to part ill probly get a stack of kyosho parts

Keymaster

I can order _anything_ from Toyeast and compile it into a wholesale quote request.

So yes….

If people could Post their list of items (exact items) they want from toyest I’ll start compiling it up!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Tim
      Participant

So if i want some Kyosho parts from Toyeast i put my order here and u’ll order it, how do we pay u?

demonajy
      Participant

If the deal goes down I’ll take a red ferrari and two x-speed motors thanks.
      Is there anyone else interested in the brisvegas area?

mocky
      Participant

good question. how do we pay? u take paypal?

Super Max Power
      Participant

I am in Brisbane – near the gabba. I am getting a few IWavers and some parts.

betty.k
      Participant

guys, save your questions. aaron will let you know what the deal is when he knows. and there’s prolly no point starting your want lists yet, once we know what aaron can get he’ll start taking orders:8ball:

Keymaster

OK some details (Yes I got the quote back from Toyeast)….

1) They quoted to supply 18 – NOT the 14 I was supposed to get a quote on.

2) I got another 5% discount on top of the price I’ve quoted earlier in the thread….

3) AUD$51 Each is what they’d cost landed here if we buy 18.

SO I recommend our next step is….

Everyone post exactly what products they want from Toyeast. That includes parts and cars and kits etc…. We will then see if we can get to the USD300 minimum buy and I’ll get Toyeast to quote again. Hopefully with a bunch of smaller items in there things will be a little more reasonably priced?

At the moment the killer is the Air freight.. of about USD11 per car.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

1 x iwaver silver skyline A02006072
      1 x iwaver light set A04000793
      1 x iwaver kingpin A05000116

How much would this be with shipping in AUD?
      Air freight!! well if its fast and insured i guess its money well spent.

Edited by – mocky on 05 June 2004 18:43:11

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

We should surely have learnt by now that group buys aren’t worth the effort.

My Iwaver cost AU$48 shipped with my 10% discount.

I see people advertising group buys all over the place, come on, give it up already. At best you’ll save a couple of bucks.

Super Max Power
      Participant
      Quote:

I see people advertising group buys all over the place, come on, give it up already. At best you’ll save a couple of bucks.

If you can get them that cheap maybe we should get you to buy them for all of us. You might want to check your figures – US$48 sounds more like it.

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:

the great wet blanket strikes again…….:8ball:

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Wet blankets are a result of too much fun the night before :smiley2:

Find me a group buy that worked in the end (nearly all end with just talk), and was worth the effort.

AU$48 is correct, I did put together a big order to save shipping, but the Iwaver was the lightest thing I bought, so since I only averaged shipping cost, it’s actually taking more than it’s fair share of postage.

I just put 14 (which is the number being talked about here) into my cart and they came to AU$51, as per Aarons quote. If I put ONE in my cart, it comes to AU$65, if you order 2 it’s $59.

Best price, I can get is AU$48 landed (for 14).

Now considering that they weigh 1.5kgs (as listed at TE) they’ll cost around AU$10 to post within AU. That’s if the post office don’t apply the cubic volume rule. If they do, it will cost more via the group buy. All this effort so some cheap skate (potentially) can save $7? I mean really, come on.

Keymaster

I might add I can drop the landed price but personally I chose a preferred shipping option, plus T/E doesn’t do much for wholesale customers these days.

Overall I agree about the ‘value’ of groupbuys, but I shoudl add that on a ‘mixed’ order the ‘value’ ration improves.

While I’ve not taken part in an R/C group buys I have seen plenty work on other forums/groups for everythign from $20 camera accessories to $1000 car parts.

I’m also not exactly happy with the T/E pricing because (and this is a historical complaint as well) they undermine the people that buy off them “wholesale” by pricing their reail sales within a couple of $$… I haven’t bought anythign from them in nearly a year and that goes a way to explaining why….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

otp:

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1473&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=I+give+my+stuff+away+to+you%2E%2E%2Esort+of%21&Forum_Title=Micro+Scale+%2D+For+Sale+%7C+Wanted+%7C+Trading

this group buy went smoothly, and was an excellent opportunity to meet fellow members for the first time. nuff said:8ball:

Tim
      Participant

Sorry this is a bit out of the topic

I was wondering can we group buy from dinball(rcmart) instead because there are more variety there and there reputation is pretty good and the price is pretty good as well.

I don’t like T/E because they only sell Kyosho parts 🙁 and not other brands

CoSmO
      Participant

if i cannot recieve my order WITHIN 3 weeks- that is to say – putting the orders in VERY SOON-
      then i have to pull out-

i’m buying for other people- and they are kinda impatient….

merc-blue
      Participant

tim the problem with rcmart is they dont have iwavers and real kyoshos cost to much

betty.k
      Participant

well i’m in for 1 x mercedes iwaver (pref silver).
      i have a friend who is thinking about it but it’s not likely to happen.:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

if this still comes about Aaron, can you add 2 (two) Kyosho X Speed motors to the order for me? cheers in advance if so…

TallduDe
      Participant

okay this is for me

– 1 X-speed motor
      – 1 Iwaver 355 ferrari body (red)

that is all

thank you

Tim
      Participant

(a bit out of the topic again sorry)

Hey Sydney guys i found a hobby shop in Prospect and they have quite a bit of z stuff. They have Overlands, F1 and mini-z and an initial d version of RX-7 FD for $2xx. They have an x-speed there LED lights and heaps of servos and other stuffs.
      I grabbed a set of 3 GPM h-plate there for $30 reasonable price and other stuff

mocky
      Participant

hmmmm do they have good autoscales or cheap mr02?
      this is way off topic but who has a godd wrokin order mr02 cos i really want 1!

Super Max Power
      Participant

If you are lokking for a cheap mr02, here it is.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=144_21_436

US$109.90 plus about $20 p&h.

mocky
      Participant

damn, ur definition of cheap is different.Its my definition of expensive.jks jks its cheap but i forgot my cash somewhere…… its a bit rich for me for the car and the shipping. i wouldnt mind a used one if any1 is willin to let it go.

novin
      Participant

hi Aaron,

may i have 1 X-Speed Motor(Kyosho) please?

cheers mate,

novin

novin
      Participant

is any progression been made on this at all?

just curious…

novin

Keymaster

I’m still tabbing up the numbers. we need a little more…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

hey aaron how much we payin i need to know so i can deffiently put my hand up or not

mocky
      Participant

aaron are we over the 300USD mark yet? How much more do we need?

demonajy
      Participant

Sorry, I’m cancelling my ordrer.
      Heading off to Japan in the next month, so going to grab some goodies then.

Super Max Power
      Participant

Anyone been to the TE website recently?
      There are only 5 types of Iwaver available. Looks like we might have left the run a bit late. But who knows, when they restock things might be better?

TallduDe
      Participant

i think i saw a coming soon ad for iwaver gt40 ford, just watch the flashing ads you’ll see it.

maybe its those mr02 clones? who knows toyeast always come with new stuff every month.

mocky
      Participant

wadda? ARGH all my precious iwavers ARGH, nooooo. damn its another week or two till they restock! do i need to buy crystals for my iwaver or does it come wif a set already?
      if it one thing comes to another put me in for a viper instead i just want a clone is dat so much to ask for?
      MR-02 clone! *faint* wat did u say MR-02 clone! *faints again* if it does exist i will be doin bak flips! the excitement is killin me!

Edited by – mocky on 09 June 2004 19:36:33

TallduDe
      Participant

okay dude take a deep breath okay, it might happen might…..

all iwavers come with crystals its how you are able to control them, along with the tx.

crystals allow you to change frequencies

mocky
      Participant

lolz, i get a bit excited sometimes…..
      DUN tell me wat crystals are, me noe, i just thought this is how iwaver cuts cost but not givin dem but i wasnt sure so thanks for tellin me, im still jumpin around so i can sleep and pass the days quicker.

mocky
      Participant

um, aaron so wen is this goin down cos im tryin to get it somewhere during the comin school holidays.

mocky
      Participant

yeah yeah im still awaitin my order. wat was it again? oh yeah
      1 x silver skyline iwaver
      1 x lancer body
      1 x light set
      1 x king pins
      ARgh i need to rice something up b4 i go insane!!. I have primer and some pearlescent paint, and 50 bucks worth of alloys, a motor and some SI4562DY fets comin in the next two weeks!

merc-blue
      Participant

lol nice mocky. what motor u putting in

merc-blue
      Participant

hey guys im out… the x mod died. i tryed to repair and it died even more so he take priority on a reconstruction

mocky
      Participant

im puttin in the minizworkshop motor in, hope its gonna own something, hopefully it all comes in very soon and that i can get my iwaver too.

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

hey r u guys still lookin for iwaver ppl buyin? how much will i pay? i wanna silver skyline iwaver, light kit and king pins…how much is dat all up? PM me mocky…

mocky
      Participant

i still dont noe im waitin word from aaron.

mocky
      Participant

aaron wats happening, is the order goin ahead, im still awaitin news man, i dun think i can hold out much longer, any1 sell me there iwaver.

Keymaster

OK – I’ve quickly flicked through the order and we’re just not going to hit the $$ value needed to be able to gett eh order up.

So folks I suggest what you do is go through the list here and do a series of “mini group orders” with people in your area. It’s still going to be cheaper than doing it all in your own order by a couple of $$….

I _may_ make a small personal order of my own soon and I’m happy to handle some stuff for people without CC/Paypal in that order. Prices will be regular Toyeast prices though.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

good idea azza! i’m thinking of buying a couple for the purpose of selling to melbourne peeps. makes sense for 1 person from each state to put their hand up and take orders, maybe 2 for sydney! so MELBOURNE people, pm me with a modest order, i can only cover a couple really. if you get the cash to me before i order (wednesday at this point) i can obviously get more.
      OR, i’ll take orders from a couple of interstate members who want them handed to micro amps or ph2t for modding. but it’s smarter if i buy for locals as shipping would be about $5 – 10 from me, and we can just meet up. if no locals put their hands up i’m happy to buy for interstaters.:8ball:

mocky
      Participant

yes, anyone makin a group order for sydney? i want an iwaver and damn eager to get it

betty.k
      Participant

fer christ’s sake!! someone get this guy an i waver!! stat!!:D:8ball:

mocky
      Participant

lolz, noe ur talkin my language. sorry if i annoyed u betty k. but wen i want i must get. i have iwaver in the membrane and its makin me go insane!help me out betty .k i noe u can u just have to try and wen u do PM the quote.

betty.k
      Participant

well so far i’ve got merc blue locked in. i’m sure someone from sydney will come through for you mocky, it really is better if i take another melbourne order. so i can cover one more order for an iwaver and some extras, i got a limit to my cash unfortunately.:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

Mocky; he’s just muckn about… Aaron, seeings i’m dealing with afew motors and such, you want me to sort out the Sydneysider? Oh, Mock; where is ya in Sydney?

peteWah
      Participant

Mokey may get a iWaver yet !!!

mocky
      Participant

nooooo! i need a new toy for the school holiday.

Tim
      Participant

I might grap a roll shock set since my gay purple set one fell apart~ spring somehow dissapeared during the race then the kingpin dissapeared as well then it was useless so i just took it off
      Anyone happened to them before?

Does a rear damper/rear shock make any difference at all?

betty.k
      Participant

ok gang, i’m full up, i’m gonna get mocky’s, leon’s and merc’s orders.
      and tim, yeah rear damper and shock really help keep the rear down:8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

Try getting some new springs Tim…

(Does a rear damper/rear shock make any difference at all?)
      Dont ask stupidness you know what it dose…

Cant wording get over BAD buds fix you will read not me or anyone else read can
      nar mean…
      Open said eyes, eyes open formulate words must learn doing my head in you are OK . Readable make words and or sentences may help your cause, reply will people who sence can make got it yet…
      Anyone happened to them before dose not cut it!!!
      : Has this happened to anyone before would be a better question or Has anyone had this happen to them before…
      Understand people can read reply you getting because read they can understand if…

I will drill you any chance i get because it shits me to read what is itself, UNREADABLE!!!!!!!!!!!
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us.
      tears rolling, brain hurting, what can we do…
      help us…even edit i had to do…
      :D:smiley2::smiley2:

Edited by – peteWah on 15 June 2004 20:07:37

Keymaster

DGS73, if you can co-ordinate the Sydney-siders order list I can get it shipped direct to you….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

Im sure he can Aaron, I will get him to call sms or pm you whatever…
      Dose that mean dgs73 get mokeys, because i think betty k has spoken for him already…

I will give Dave a buzzzz…

betty.k
      Participant

if a sydney member can take mocky’s order that would be better as he’s looking at another $10 for me to ship to him. someone putting their hand up?:8ball:

Tim
      Participant

look pete if i knew the answer i wouldn’t ask right?

Since i lost the king pins within the side shock no point just buying the springs might as well get a new set~

If you used the hard h-plate do u still need the rear damper? Does it make any different when cornering and stuff?

mocky
      Participant

anyone would be nice.

peteWah
      Participant

Your in mokey, from sydney you shall recieve…

betty.k
      Participant

thanks pete!:smiley2::8ball:

Keymaster

Yeah Sydney guys co-ordinate through dgs73… Be prepared to pay in advance into my bank acocunt as my M/C ain’t looking too flush to cover stuff in advance. However Stuff will get sent directly to dgs73 for distribution. I’ll pick up any extra bits for me up from him at some stage 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

icebreaka
      Participant

whats the AUD price TOTAL delivered to my house.. Im very interested.. but im gonna get a mini z mr02 from toyeast, maybe i should add that as well?

but yeh what would be the price of one iwaver, delivered to my door?

Thanks

betty.k
      Participant

iceman (and anyone else curious about costs), just join up at toyeast, costs nothing and won’t take long. then fill your cart, check shipping and go here: http://finance.yahoo.com/m3?u:8ball:

icebreaka
      Participant

eh? but i thought this was a group buy.. im already atoyeast member.. jus thought this group buy was getting things cheaper?

peteWah
      Participant

Add what you want and everyone else and yes, Its a group buy going direct to Aaron. (correct me if im wrong) and filtered out from there.
      :D:D:smiley2:
      It will end up cheaper than what it would be if you got it on its own:dead:

:smiley2::):)

Edited by – peteWah on 16 June 2004 01:33:15

kevsta
      Participant

I’m just curious on how shipping be worked out on this ? Will it be divided equally amongst all buyers or will it be worked out depending on weight of each buyers purchases.

Say for example, I buy two i-waver body shells that weigh a total of 600 grams, and someone else buys an i-waver ready set weighing 1.5kgs, clearly the i-waver ready set would have a higher shipping cost than the 2 body shells. Now if shipping is divided equally amongst all buyers, the two body shells would work out more expensive ?

How is this going to work ?

dgs73
      Participant

good question Kev… Im getting a couple of motors myself (3 including Novin’s), but if enough of us up here are getting parts I would think the postage would become neglegable as more people add to the order. Conversely, I could pony up the extra $$ needed for postage costs. A thought…

betty.k
      Participant

whenever i’m handling a group order i divide shipping according to weight as that’s how toyeast handle it:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

or it could be done that way… that’d be the only logical way to do it actually. So in Sydney we have; Mocky – Iwaver readyset, Novin – Kyosho Xspeed motor, dgs73 – 2 x Xspeed motors… any other Sydney guys adding to this order could you list parts, etc. under this post

kevsta
      Participant

Yeah Betty’s way sounds good…

If this goes through, then please put me down for a yellow ferrari 355 i-waver shell and a blue skyline i-waver shell.

I’ve noticed the x-speed motors have gone up in price. They use to be cheap at $9usd but are now at $14. For that price, I’d personally be visiting http://www.minizworkshop.com for a bb can one, but that’s me.

Keymaster

Yeah What will happen is:

Sydney people coordinate a shopping list through dgs73. I’ll then whack it all into a cart on Toyeast (as a ‘regular customer’ not the wholseale account as I doubt we’ll crack the amount required) then and ‘voila’.

As per other suggestions – shipping will be split based on share of total weight. So if the package weighs 3kg and your items weight 1.5kg you pay 50% … It will be based on Toyeast weights.

Once we have the final shopping list, we’ll establish shipping price and then give everyone a day or two to pay before placing the order.

The trick is that you pay into my bank account (or hand cash to dgs73 to pay to me)

Make sense?

Sound fair?

There will be a tinky (1.5%) uplift becuase thats what my bank charges for paying overseas currency… So we’ll put all final prices in AUD.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

OK – Just combined mocky’s list with dgs73 motors plus an MR-02, a roll shock set etc…. We’re only $100US short of being able to use the wholesale account.. Anyone want a MR-01 or MR02 or even a Monster? Or anything else from Toyeast?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

OK Current status of Syndey Order:
      * 2x Iwaver CLK (Mocky/Aaron)
      * 2x Lightset (Mocky/Aaron)
      * 3x xSpeed (DGS73/PeteWah etc)
      * 2x Silver R34 shell (Mocky/Aaron)
      * 2x iWaver Kingpins (Mocky/Aaron)
      * 2x Knuckle/Rod sets (Aaron)

$$$ Values to come….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

all i’ve got to do is get Mocky’s details, then all is sweet. I’ll pm my mob. number… um, Aaron, Toy East dont do O plates do they? If so could I add two, if not a set of H plates? Ta very muchly…

icebreaka
      Participant

im planning to get my mr-02 from toyeast soon since rcmart specials have changed back to original.. But wouldnt this group buy end up more expensive because you would still need to pay shipping from dgs to your house? I’m in sydney btw

TallduDe
      Participant

okay put me in this order as well plz(for the sydney peeps)

IWAVER BAND 01 (26.975MHz)
      LXX SCALE FERRARI F355 RED BODY
      KYOSHO MINI-Z COLOUR SCREW SET(BLUE) (MZW18BL
      KYOSHO MINI-Z Accessory Parts Set (Chrome)#MMF05CM

hopefully that goes a little bit towards the grand total we need 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

noted Tallie… cheers mate… see you on Sunday

Keymaster

OK Current status of Syndey Order:
      * 2x Iwaver CLK (Mocky/Aaron) AUD58.00 Each
      * 2x Lightset (Mocky/Aaron) AUD9.36 Each
      * 3x xSpeed (DGS73/PeteWah etc) AUD21.90 Each
      * 2x Silver R34 shell (Aaron/Kevsta) AUD9.36 Each
      * 1x Red Lancer Shell (Mocky) AUD9.36 Each
      * 2x iWaver Kingpins (Mocky/Aaron) AUD3.60 Each
      * 2x Knuckle/Rod sets (Aaron) AUD10.90 Each
      * 1x H-Plate Set (dgs73) AUD13.25 Each
      * 1x Ferrari 355 Red (Talldude) AUD9.36 Each
      * 1x Ferrari 355 Yellow (Kevsta) AUD9.36 Each
      * 1x iWaver Band1 (Talldude) AUD5.61 Each
      * 1x Chrome bits (Talldude) AUD9.65 Each
      * 1x Blue Screws (Talldude) AUD7.34 Each

Total comes to:

Mocky – AUD 80.32
      Talldude – AUD 31.96
      dgs73 – AUD 78.95 (all three xspeeds counted in one)
      Aaron – AUD 102.12
      Kevsta – AUD 18.72

Do we all like the look of those numbers? I think when I add it all up I come out with about AUD$5-6 buffer in my favour to cover credit card fees and some currency changes between now and final order. I kinda figure no-ones going to hassle over that.

Those prices are landed in Sydney

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 17 June 2004 11:34:52

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

Please put me down for a yellow ferrari 355 and silver r34 shell.

Thanks.

TallduDe
      Participant

when do we folk over money aaron?

mocky
      Participant

um, can i change my r34 body to a red evo body instead?

Edited by – mocky on 16 June 2004 18:56:42

Keymaster

Sure can mocky….

I’ll edit above post in the morning.

I want to make the order Friday or Monday …. That means if you can make a deposit into my bank account ASAP 😉

It’s a Commonwealth Bank Account (if you want to walk into a branch)

Account Name: Aaron Mihe
      BSB: 062521
      Account Number: 719773

Just use your Logon name as the account ID….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

money sent :smiley2:

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve just did a direct deposit into your account at a cba branch.

Thanks 🙂

Keymaster

Thanks Kevsta/Talldude…

dgs73 Friday as usual? Mocky?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

Aaron; slight hiccup here… it will be Tueday/Wednesday next week… big big apologies for this… Had to sort out the Bit… oh, his other half went in today

mocky
      Participant

dgs73 can u hand u the cash in person? or should i pay to aaron, i figure it would quicker if i just handed it to u on the sunday.

dgs73
      Participant

as it is i’d imagine i’d be getting everyone’s cash together for this so I can drop it all on him. Either way is easy. Some like Kevsta have paid Aaron already. So it’s just you and me dude to pay in Sydney (i’m covering all my friends parts, dont know when i’ll see them next)

Keymaster

mocky – feel free to hand cash to dgs73. If I can I’ll make the order today (trying to find spare cash to cover you guys as it’s been a very expensive week) is a little hard though.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

dont feel you have to cover me Aaron… i’ll throw Mocky’s in on Monday on morning tea, mine’ll follow the next day (gotta get the slackers into action; need that cah guys! You know who you are…) Seems i’m slowing down the whole process now. Expensive week over here too, but now dealt with

ill_race_ya
      Participant

wat r the iwaver cars like? are they any good? are they much like or as fast as the z

betty.k
      Participant

ok, i’ll write what we’re all thinking!:smiley2:

firstly, welcome to tha firm race ya! nice to see new faces (you know what i mean!)

and second, we’ve discussed the iwaver at length already, have a hunt in the mini z technical and discussion forums. and while you’re there have a good look around the forum and familiarise yourself with the categories. there’s tons of usefull hints and tips for your evil pleasure!:D:8ball:

ill_race_ya
      Participant

thanx for that dude

Keymaster

Sydney order has been placed. Typically TE stuffed up the CC transaction so we’ll see if I end up paying for it all three times over….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

:O oh bother! hopefully i wont have to pay another 80 😛

mocky
      Participant

:O oh bother! hopefully i wont have to pay another 80 😛

mocky
      Participant

oh bother! hopefully i wont have to pay another 80

dgs73
      Participant

Mocky; hehehe… funny guy… your payment goes in with mine tomorrow/ Wednesday.

Keymaster

Nah -I’ll just fight it out with Toyeast 😉 No-one pays more than once….

Still waiting for TE to get back to me to start sorting it all out….

BUT order 25xxx is in their system!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve had some weird things happen when paying with a cc and not getting it past the verification process… But it all worked out okay.

Super Max Power
      Participant

All the different Iwaver models are back in stock at toyeast…

Keymaster

Too late – our Order is in place!

Betty.K how did the Melb peeps come together?

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

AHAHAHHA, toyeast just got al the iwavers bak in stock! HEHEHEHEH wat luck eh.

merc-blue
      Participant

aaron the stuff arrived today or so my email says im going to get my stuff 2morrow.. IM EXCITED AUSTRALIA

mocky
      Participant

woah its in already for the melbournites!
      how long did i take merc blue?

merc-blue
      Participant

about a week maybe 10 days

betty.k
      Participant

my order was placed on a wednesday, mailed on thursday and arrived today. i always go airmail after a long wait for surface mail once! this is fairly typical for me:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

wow i didnt know postmen could fly… when i grow up i wanna be a postman

dgs73
      Participant

that means the Sydney box is going to be here soon… yay!

Keymaster

We did Airmail on Monday (I still haven’t got all the monies yet BTW) – But thanks to Toyeast payment system not liking my CC and waiting for them to pass on Paypal details and confirmt he CC transaction didn’t work I only actually PayPal’d them last night, the order shoudl be in Piad status by now – so we should have it this time next week.

A few days later than I’d have preferred but *shrugs*

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

money from Mocky and me tomorrow morning at 9.30am… is there anyone else other than me and him?

Keymaster

Nup just you two 😛

Update! Toyeast has acknowledged payment 🙂 So it shoudl pack and shit very very soon!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

I will also have available shortly Mini-Z bearing kits for AU$15 delivered to your door within Australia if anyones interested 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

TallduDe
      Participant

what brand bb’s are they Aaron?

Keymaster

I’m afraid I can’t reveal that at the moment – can’t have the cat and the bag parting company.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

:O,my god bearings at 15 to my door, so miracles do exist.time to do the monkey dance. im very curious wat brand bb’s they are though.

Edited by – mocky on 23 June 2004 15:58:09

betty.k
      Participant

they’re $15 to your door, who cares what brand! anything is better than bushings:8ball:

Keymaster

Pretty much a Betty.k says.

I’ve run a set in my orginal Mini-Z for over a year. No problems. They’re not dental drill ceramic bearings, but are proper metal shielded bearings of decent quality. Basically the same as any of the aftermarket ones around. The source company supplies a few of the aftermarket brands.

More details to come.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

LOLz. im with bety k anything is beta than bushings.

Keymaster

Group order shipped yesterday 😉

dgs73 should get it sometime next week if all goes well

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

cash went in this morning dude… 9.30am…

kevsta
      Participant

Aaron,

Will you be getting bearings for motor cans ?

Keymaster

I dunno about motor can bearings – I know I can get them – but whether they’d be ‘worth’ getting I don’t know….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mocky
      Participant

aaron can u help me this bbcan and neos for about $20-$25 price with shipping? with a few brushes.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_80&products_id=8017

Keymaster

How do you mean Mocky? If you mean can I do the CC/Paypal for you? Sure I can.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

sweet swett… waiting at the mailbox…

mocky
      Participant

and i’ll be waitin at my comp….for dgs to tell me wen he stops waitin at the mailbox.
      i dont think i can take it any longer, i feel like im gonna explode…..POP.

dgs73
      Participant

Mocky; clean your insides off the wall, your wait is over!! Dont forget i’m very rarely online so contacting me sometimes can be annoying unless you have my number

kevsta
      Participant

Can’t wait to get that skyline body. The 355 body and an alloy motor mount allow for zero rear suspension movement.

Do us a favour and open up mocky’s iwaver and put finger prints all over the body… Muhahahah

dgs73
      Participant

that’s not very nice… you got some good lookin shells here, gotta say Kevsta… you coming down this weekend Mocky?

mocky
      Participant

my god, too much excitement! i’ll come this weekend definitely to pick up and wear in the iwaver a bit.And kevsta u are one evil guy. but u can touch my merc body all u want im prolly gonna bash it ne ways. But the evo STAY AWAY…

novin
      Participant

hey,

quick one
      massive thanks to the guys involved who organised this buy, you all did a top job and looking fwd to racing this sunday~

novin

kevsta
      Participant

Yes. Definitely a big thankyou to Aaron, dgs and all else that organised this great buy…

mocky
      Participant

who started the thread now.:D hehehehhee jokes. thanks to aaron and dgs and every1 else who got in and made it happened.

Keymaster

No worries – I know we didn’t save the scads of money we wanted too – but I think we all got a fair deal out of the buy. Certainly made things a little cheaper!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

and now everyone’s got there shiny new toys, with the exception of one…! Shall email him later today with some info as well…

Viewing 166 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.