*grumble* *rant* *rave*

Home Forums General Chat *grumble* *rant* *rave*

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Damn I hate moving house! You know how it goes at times, you know from the outset that something just isn’t going to go smoothly? Having one of those expereinces when it’s to do with moving house! Totally bad karma 🙁

Spent the better part of the week packing up assorted R/C goodies, the ADSL shouldv’e been cut off on Sunday (but it’s still on), great, except it was meant to be connected at the new place today, not that it matters since Telstra decided they couldn’t wire up the new place today (it’s a new connection, needs wiring) *grrrrr* Ofcourse they only told us this after we’d waited 4 hours for them to arrive!

With the R/C stuff packed and most of my electronics weirdo freaky gear it’s not too bad, however then there’s the kitchen, the lounge and all these other rooms with stuff!!! erk! no fair! Unfortunately the lack of cash means it’s a DIY move, I get to drive a rental 3 tonne truck again *grins* plus side, it is turbocharged 🙂

Why am I whinging about all this? Well probably becuase I won’t be spending much time on the site the next couple of weeks as i go through the unpacking process. Major dent in my coding and development time… Not happy..

Oh wel cest ‘la vie 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

moving sucks big time, before we could move into this place the previous owners hadnt been able to move into their new place and all our gear was in boxes in their loungeroom for months. i was staying with one of my gf’s relos in brisbane for three months before i got to unpack all my goods…which sucked big time.

this is why i got into bits, they were small enough to take with me and the tools were small too… they helped me keep my sanity…

hope you get it all done quick as you can Aaron, godspeed to ya!

Edited by – z-beam on 03 March 2004 23:26:26

Participant

yeah, im just getting close to the end of a moving experience. We have managed to do the move without hiring any assistance. However, this has caused me to have to do many trips between the 2 houses in my wagon, unloading and loading many many times. Im getting tired. it will be all over by sunday though which is good.

Participant

been there done that… a few times:dead:.

barto, I once helped someone move roughly 500 m down the same street, without use of a car:( Lucky they didn’t have too much heavy stuff..

Participant

I guess all u guys would need to do is pack up yer bits and leave :clown:

Participant

yeah….right… i guess you never done a big move before jamie.

i still have about 30 big boxes that we havnt unpacked. all our stuff filled half a semi trailer! as well as the vectra to the roof with precious stuff, which of course included my bits!

Keymaster

*laughs* we did three trips of a three tonne truck. Sitting here surrounded by boxes and furniture and finally online. We’ve been cut back to dial-up only thanks to a RIM (Telstra is in the sh!t in this household) so a lot of things I’ve been wanting to do with ausmicro will be happenin a lot slower as development times will suffer thanks to upload/download speeds.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant

RIMming eh, Aaron? 🙂

Can you get cable in your new neck of the woods? Big-T seems to be offering pretty good deals on Foxtel/Bigpong cable “unlimited” last few weeks; probably Optus too I’d imagine.

Participant

yeah, unlimited (up to 10 gigs) then back down to 56k’s again…. and it doesnt say anything about when the 10 gig limit resets. would be good if it was per month but i am not shure.

Participant

More importantly, think they’ve stopped counting Uploads! :clown: Gosh that was a good moneymaker, charging over-users $140/gb… as a TLS shareholder, I’ll miss it. 👿

Participant

More importantly, think they’ve stopped counting Uploads! :clown: Gosh that was a good moneymaker, charging over-users $140/gb… as a TLS shareholder, I’ll miss it. 👿

Keymaster

No cable in the ACT unless you go TransACT (http://www.transact.com.au)

I’m in an apartment block of about 150 units, some guys have ADSL, others don’t… Gotta get off the RIM and then the fun starts 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

No cable in the ACT unless you go TransACT (http://www.transact.com.au)

I’m in an apartment block of about 150 units, some guys have ADSL, others don’t… Gotta get off the RIM and then the fun starts 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Participant
      Quote:

Whoa dude it was just a lil bit of humour.

Participant
      Quote:

Participant
      Quote:

Participant
      Quote:

Participant

no worries jamie, that move just sucked for me. and it wasnt fun at all.

have you noticed your sig. has gone wonky!

Participant

no worries jamie, that move just sucked for me. and it wasnt fun at all.

have you noticed your sig. has gone wonky!

Participant

Strange, it appears to be fine on my computer!!!! I think it’s about time I changed it.

Participant

Strange, it appears to be fine on my computer!!!! I think it’s about time I changed it.

Participant

Whatever you do, don’t open the door to the spare room….. everything will come crashing out….. and I will never fit it all back in again!

I hate renting!
      I hate moving!
      I hate packing!
      aaarrrgggghhhh!

That’s it, I have decided, it’s time to buy!

buy, Buy, BUY!

*breathe breathe …. in… out…. *

To balance the devestation of moving house, a holiday to QLD has been booked!

I am staying at SEAWORLD NARA RESORT!

2 weeks and counting…….

*bliss*

Participant

were are you movin too kitty?

Participant

I am staying in Canberra, so just local.

But agree with everyone that has posted in this thread that moving is the biggest pain in the butt ever!!!

I sorta have stuff unpacked, but what I said about the spare room is true!!! Just don’t go there!! LOL

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.