Guide – How to host pics in threads for free!

Home Forums General Chat Guide – How to host pics in threads for free!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

I’ve noticed recently that a lot of people want to share pics of their creations but have the issue of not being able to host these pics. Then if they do find hosting a lot of free sites don’t allow you to link pics from web pages that dont come from the same site. As an example, if you link a pic from tinyrc.com in a thread here, the pic will say “please visit tinyrc.com to view this image”. I beleive I’ve found a way to solve this problem.

Goto http://www.webshots.com and sign up for a free account. Once you have gone through the mubo jumbo yada yada yada you will be asked to make an album, do this and call it whatever you want. Be sure to make the album a public one, accessible by everyone. Upload a picture and view it. Now click on the picture with the right mouse button and select “properties”. In the window that pops up a field called “Address (URL)” will have the full URL link to the picture. Highlight this link so it appears blue (the default colour for this operation in windows, your may be different), press CRTL-C to copy this link. Then use this link to post the picture in the thread of your choice, eg a new thread like this. Here’s one I’ve done below.

70734154AoWPmC_ph.jpg

Hope this helps everyone!

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thats great, thanks for the info, I’ll give this a try later on.

Unfortunately ph2t, the picture in your post didnt work.
      You might want to try that again.
      :)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 25 April 2003 09:08:23

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, it’s strange. I think I’m not gonna win this one. It worked for a while whilst I was testing last night, but now this morning I get the same error.

Oh well, I guess this was not meant to be.

Can you try and load the pic into a new browser window? Just right mouse button onto the cross where the pic should be and copy the URL details and paste that into a new browser and let me know what happens.

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

The link works if you open it to a fresh browser screen. Nice pic of your front springs.
      Let me try something else.

Ok, this is an attempt insert that picture to this post by copying the URL in its ‘properties’.
      70734154AoWPmC_ph.jpg
      Lets see if that worked.
      uA

Nope that didnt work. Seems you can link to it, but not bring t into a forum. Oh well, it was worth a try

That worked that time, go figure, I guess it does work.
      Was the URL wrong or something??

Edited by – micro_Amps on 25 April 2003 11:04:13

Edited by – micro_Amps on 25 April 2003 11:06:21

ph2t
      Participant

There is another site called imagestation or some thing. I’ll check it out one day soon………

ph2t
      Participant

Here’s another test, this time with imagestation.com.

fc469b90.jpg.orig.jpg

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks ph2t. Will have to try it out:) Where did you get the springs for the knuckles?

Impreza :smiley16:

ph2t
      Participant

Check my “home made springs” thread in BCG- Technical. They are from a DDS data tape used to backup data on servers. I beleive Hi-8’s might be compatitble also.

ph2t.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks ph2t, I knew I would find this thread if I looked hard enough.. Will have to try it out.

Impreza
      Participant

btw ph2t, nice ren and stimpy avatar:)

ph2t
      Participant

Thanks man… I love Ren and Stimpy, it’s mad! 😀

Keymaster

If I said there was a ausmicro.com built solution to this coming soon would you all be happy?

In the men time (and for those who have more extensive collections) I belive Digitalpose.com lets you do this.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

Good to hear Aaron, 😉

ph2t.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Fantastic, bring it on!!

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks A. Can’t wait:)

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.