gv mini r

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      virgin atlantic
      Participant

there are some insane prices going on here, models and hobbies 4 u in nunawading in melbourne has gv mini r cars rtr with radio gear complete with esc for $139 each, yes $139 each! thats nuts.

if you re interested give them a call on 03 9877 9333 for more info, ask for dominic.

Edited by – Aaron on 22 November 2004 12:31:05

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      icebreaka
      Participant

Wow that sounds cheap.. while searching for more info on em.. i found em for $150 in sydney..

http://www.grahamshobbies.com.au/specials/specials.html

i wonder what they drive like?

mini-g
      Participant

thats cheep:D got mine from dei-rossi’s for $150… thought that was good:dead:

normally $175, but got a discount, sure others would too if prices said above was mentioned.

they drive very nice with 4 AA’s not tried more power yet…

BigDave

MiniKing
      Participant

Try Pythons Hobbys in St andrews they have em pretty cheap as well

mini-g
      Participant

well we now know they jump well too, had the landing ramp 3 feet from the launch jump and cleared the landing ramp by another foot!!!!

and nothing broke:D

Dave

merc-blue
      Participant

can we get some chassis pics.. ne one got one?

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah what are these things? can anyone show pics or can i see em on sundays?

mini-g
      Participant

would post a pic of mine if i had a camera!!!!

they are a 2wd micro rs4 TD…

i will be bringing mine every sunday from now on… got over 2 hours run time with 1700 AA’s so far…still trying to dump them:D

Dave

dgs73
      Participant

they still not dead? struth!! Icebreaka; you’ve seen Final Destination 2, I see… nice avatar:approve::D

mini-g
      Participant

man they are still going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by – mini-g on 17 November 2004 09:22:59

TallduDe
      Participant

i saw some of these at a hobby shop yesterday.

the guy or should i say (dickhead) at the store was bagging them out and said “these little cars are not that great compared to these big ones”

what a prick.

plus he was trying to sell one for $270! a used one at that, had a cracked body and scrathed up undertray.

also he was trying to sell e a tb02 alloy motor mount for $41, i got one at dinball for half that price shiped to my door!.

anyway they look good these mini r’s good layout.

mini-g
      Participant

what a rip off… $175 from dei-rossi.

they are a simple lay out, but fun and very scale to look at running around.

BIG DAVE

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Big Dave have you got mini T…??? im just asking cause im interested in getting one in the near future……I know everyone says that they are crap and wat not but i reckon it would be a good experiment to see one of these things evolve slowly……..The hobby shop around the corner from my place is a losi importer and he has every single hop up you get for these things and his prices are pretty good…..so i was thinking of getting one and slowly doing it up……:D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

i get one tomorrow MK… ready set is 265… not sure about hopups though… but i’ll get them online I guess.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The problem is, mini king, that the evolution process of a mini T is so horrendously expensive compared to any other 1/18.

I.E. want to upgrade motor power in a mini T?

You will need:

-New Motor $50
      -New ESC $80+
      -New Receiver $50
      -New Servo $50
      -New battery pack $40-$60
      -Bearings $30
      -Oil shocks* $50
      -Tyres* $30

Wow, theres almost $400 blown for a bit more speed……

*Non essential but you are silly not to use them.

The RC18T, for more speed you will need:

-New motor $50
      -New ESC $80
      -Tyres $30

$160 for a little speed machine….that’s more like it.

The rest is all included in the RTR package…

dgs73
      Participant

trying to make me change my mind, Mr Kulhanek?:clown::p

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      The problem is, mini king, that the evolution process of a mini T is so horrendously expensive compared to any other 1/18.

You will need:

-New Motor $50
      -New ESC $80+
      -New Receiver $50
      -New Servo $50
      -Bearings $30
      -Oil shocks* $50
      -Tyres* $30

-New motor $50
      -New ESC $80
      -Tyres $30

man what are you on about… all you need for the mini-t is the 7.2 batt…bearings if you want…whats this servo, reciever ans speedy…they are all good in the car already. what planet are you from dude???????:dead:

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Jamie,
      Yeah i know it will end up costing heaps if i do everything at once but that is not wat i want to do i want to get one and just replace things with hop ups when they break or i feel the need……im no hurry to get it fully modded that sought of out lay of money overtime is fine with me i could go out and buy the kit and all hop ups in one hit and spend a heap of cash in one hit but i dont want to(did that with my nitro car and mini Z!!!!), i want to do it myself as a project…..I dont really care wat anyone thinks bout the mini T i want to try one and see for myself……..The money doesnt bother me because i have a heap of fun enjoying my hobby….:D:D:D

bithed
      Participant

…jamie you recommend any motor in particular for speeding up ther 18T?

MiniKing
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

You will need:

-New Motor $50
      -New ESC $80+
      -New Receiver $50
      -New Servo $50
      -Bearings $30
      -Oil shocks* $50
      -Tyres* $30

-New motor $50
      -New ESC $80
      -Tyres $30

man what are you on about… all you need for the mini-t is the 7.2 batt…bearings if you want…whats this servo, reciever ans speedy…they are all good in the car already. what planet are you from dude???????:dead:

LOL dude hey big dave you gonna be there on Sunday with your TC3???? Did you get yourself some PVC tyres yet dude?????i want to see that thing drift….:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

You will need:

-New Motor $50
      -New ESC $80+
      -New Receiver $50
      -New Servo $50
      -Bearings $30
      -Oil shocks* $50
      -Tyres* $30

-New motor $50
      -New ESC $80
      -Tyres $30

Man what are you on about, the Mini T is like a big Mini Z, i.e. all integrated radio gear….you know what that means?? If you want to get more power you need to change the esc, and since it’s all integrated, you gotta replace ALL the radio gear…

The associated RC18T costs approx $220 AUD shipped from the states…

bithed
      Participant

$200 usd shipped EMS from the states to japan…Have to agree with Jamie on this one…

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      $200 usd shipped EMS from the states to japan…Have to agree with Jamie on this one…

…hey bit, can you get the Duratrax miniquake RTR? if so, how much landed to my door? IMOA this is a much better 1/18 for the stuuf you get standard…:)

Roe
      Participant

HEY MINI G,

got any alloy hop-ups for your mini giant yet?

bithed
      Participant

…roe if it was a ‘japanese’ item then i would be all over it…as it is i cant get it wholesale because its an import here…same as the 18T and the Spyder 🙁 Sorry..have to pass on that one…now the half 8 mind you …now THATS local 😉

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      Man what are you on about, the Mini T is like a big Mini Z, i.e. all integrated radio gear….you know what that means?? If you want to get more power you need to change the esc, and since it’s all integrated, you gotta replace ALL the radio gear…

i know this…. the fact is you dont have to upgrade the radio system unless you are going to put some silly motor in it. they go plenty fast enough with the 7.2 batt and stock motor, can go the mod one if you raely want to go a bit faster.

not got the pvc wheels yet roe…

and no alloy for the mini giant either…but will be looking for a allot centre gearbox when i do miniking, hey i might bring the nitro tourer on sunday if it wants to co-opperate…if you know what i mean:D

BIG DAVE

dgs73
      Participant

so is it $200usd or $220aud? There’s quite a difference in those two prices… difference for me being $220aud; maybe, without the delivery wait, or $200usd; too much. Not with the wait. Mini T has enough for me:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

i know this…. the fact is you dont have to upgrade the radio system unless you are going to put some silly motor in it. they go plenty fast enough with the 7.2 batt and stock motor, can go the mod one if you raely want to go a bit faster.

not got the pvc wheels yet roe…

and no alloy for the mini giant either…but will be looking for a allot centre gearbox when i do miniking, hey i might bring the nitro tourer on sunday if it wants to co-opperate…if you know what i mean:D

BIG DAVE

True, but often if you increase speed you might want a faster servo…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.