Has there been a code change to the site?

Home Forums General Chat Has there been a code change to the site?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Derek, or Aaron, has there been a change in the code to this site?

The reason I ask is that in the begginning the envelopes would close after reading the thread, but now all

threads continually show the open envelope, even on the oldest posts…

Just wondering…

Admin
      Participant

Iso

No changes that I know of, but I will check with Aaron (who is in Sydney tomorrow) if he’s been fiddling with the code while he’s been on holidays. It would be interesting if he has – he’s been on the road with only his mobile and HP Jornada 565 for internet access.

Will post follow-up to this thread as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Derek

Admin
      Participant

It’s definately not my doing – it could be your p(r)oxy server at the ISP end playing with your mind – it can happen to make things like that happen …

I’m back on deck – but snowed under catching up with work stuff. Will be on the case of the site during the day tomorrow!

Ok so I have a stack of stuff to get quotes for etc but I’m sure I can fit in some edit and fix time!

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

OK, so now your messing with my mind…..

I just logged back into the site @ this time of this post and found the envelopes on read messages closed!…

So someone somewhere, or something, has changed something, or other….

It’s all good… now…

Admin
      Participant

I’m using ie5.5 and I have the same problem, all envelopes are open, even after reading the thread. Can you elaborate on the proxy issue as it’s very difficult to keep track of what I’ve read and what I haven’t . . . and I want to make sure that I read everything 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Just an update on the previous post, now all the envelopes appear to be closed, however, some are grey and some are red ?, if it’s just me, can someone point me in the right direction !

Admin
      Participant

Tap! Tap!Aaaaron!!!!!

Could you please take a squiz at this and advise?

Cheers

Derek (ASP-ignoramus!)

Admin
      Participant

OK – here’s the deal – I haven’t even fired up the code or site editing engines which means that NOTHING has been changed.

That probably means for some reason the BB scripts are recognising your cookie incorrectly? Or the proxy server for your ISP is serving up the wrong icons in repose to your cookie.

Try a flush of your browsers cache, then try a flush of the cookie.

If either of those fixes it then sadly there’s not much I can do. BUT if they don’t I’ll have to try and work out some more of this script – it could be a bug that’s as yet undocumented – in which case I’ll only be able to fix it fully when I get the update version.. (we are running a Beta of the software)

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the update, I’ve done a general “search and delete” all things “ausmicro” in my cache (didn’t want to do the whole thing), however, no luck so far. I’ll do the drastic delete the lot tomorrow but will hope that logging out tonight and back in tomorrow might do the trick (fingers crossed). All power to you for getting the site up and humming the way it is. I’ll keep hacking around at this end to see what’s changed here as I’m sure it’s at my end !

Admin
      Participant

For what it’s worth, I’ve now deleted all my temporary files and all of my history, but still only get closed envelope icons, I’ll assume it’s at my end and will keep an eye out for any of your updates.

Admin
      Participant

Aaron, just to be a bore, I’m guessing that it’s the proxy server that I am hidden behind as I got the following trying to view the night rider vids –

The proxy server, the computer that protects your network, cannot be found, so Windows Media Player cannot make a connection.”

Sorry about the waste of forum space.

Admin
      Participant

Aaron – Same probs here – cache cleared, cookies deleted et al. Envelopes still all shown closed. Very bizarre!

Andrew – for whatever reason, it sounds like your Media Player is trying to stream-play the file. Also strange ! From the little movie thumbnail, try a right mouse button click SAVE AS and see how you go.

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

OK Guys!

I’ve been asking the author of the forums about it and it comes out that it’s not an uncommon problem. It’s to do with the way the Cookie is being written and read off your PC and back against the server clock.

We think we’ve got it fixed in the code but please let me know if it still happnes – you MAY have to reset your cookie.

Admin
      Participant

Hia Aaron,

In the spirit of constructive feedback, I’ve personally deleted all temporary internet files and site history, as well as using your “delete cookie” link, logged back in and although I have a combination of closed and open envelopes, they do not want to seem to change, regardless of whats been read. Once again, if I’m the only one, I’ll deal with it, if your getting it from others, happy to continue giving the feedback.

On a positive note . . . the site is terrific and full credit for getting it up and keeping it up !

Admin
      Participant

huh ! the closed envelope opened with the previous post, however, after reopening the forum, and “reading”, it didn’t close . . . maybe somethings eaten half of my cookie 🙂

Admin
      Participant

possibly – or your ISP chache is making trouble? It’s been a hard bug to fix for the author becuase it only affects some server setups…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.