HBX TL-01 knockoff

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion HBX TL-01 knockoff

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  blurrc 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Pork_Hunt
    Participant

As promised in my workbench thread, pics!

P5210054.jpg

P5210055.jpg

P5210056.jpg

This car has a bit of a history behind it. My mate brought it around a few years ago to run in the motor, and it got left behind. It was a shitty touring car so first I chucked the Tamiya Hummer tyres on it, but the stock gearing was WAY too high. Recently I have put the tyres that were originally on the minizilla knockoff on and it looks and drives REALLY nicely with them. Spent 20 minutes yesterday practicing Scandinavian flicks with it. 😀

EVENTUALLY I will paint that Brumby (Brat) shell up for it and it will become a paddock-basher.

blurrc
    Participant

Wow I don’t know why but that body looks really awesome to me for some reason… I would love to see some pics of the painted body on the truck.

betty.k
    Participant

add tyres = 50% cool factor! :8ball:

Pork_Hunt
    Participant

Haha! Cheers guys. I have noticed SO many Brumbies in Horsham. My Dad jokes the Subaru dealer here in 1986-89 must have made a killing!

blurrc, they are proper tough-looking little trucks. Check out this YouTube video thats the sort of thing that got me interested in them…

blurrc
    Participant

ahh yes I suppose they are pretty cool. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.