Heat HELP!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      HiCh
      Participant

i got a dual-celled fet with dark green gears and and 3.8 engine. after about 3min of runtime my heat sink and motor gets so hot i can hardly pick it up. is there any way to reduce the heat without having to get a new heatsink??

leonli17
      Participant

i’m not sure but i suggest put (or solder on) some pieces of light weight metal to spread heat from the heat sink.

Or

Use a convertible shell might help.

z-beam
      Participant

a shell mod would be your best option. apart from shedding some weight it would also allow air flow.

a lot of my shells have been modded with holes in the front end, and if dust is an issue you could use mesh to make it safe (and look nice).

the skyline,supra and s2000 shells all have good locations for this mod. make sure you use a nice sharp blade to trim away at the inside of the shell and once almost through ‘ave a go at the front.

with the power your using you should also consider higher end gears to reduce stress on the motor, bit racer gears are pretty useless on a single cell bit but with the set up you have it would allow for some extreamly high end performance…

z-beam
      Participant

decent mesh can be obtained by cutting up a pasta strainer, hobby shops (train modelling fences) or hash pipe screens from a tobaconist.

merc-blue
      Participant

soldering things dont work ive had one over heat so much that it melted the plastic n solder eould have un melted

micromatch
      Participant

what i think it is, is that when you chrge the battery the batterys should get hot to prove a full charge and what happeneds is when its on top of the heat sink the heat sink will get hot because it will have a super hot battery on top of it plus a heat sink that takes on heat and cold but also keep in mind you motor will get hot because the heat sink is hot and cause you have a dualcell mosfet…so what i would do is move the battery

HiCh
      Participant

my dual is internal not on top of the heatsink

would the perfection heatsinks make a large differnce?

leonli17
      Participant

if your car is internal dual cell. then all u need is a shell mod.
      just don’t run the car a long time at once.

barto_85
      Participant

just get an intercooler like Dark Tari’s. lol

brendan
      Participant

haha man get it watercooled not intercooled

VooDooMafia
      Participant

I am not sure why its getting so hot, I have never had nor seena car get that hot

z-beam
      Participant

yeah i reckon than perfection heat sink would be the ticket, in combination with some bodywork…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.