heli-q

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      z-beam
      Participant

i just got one of these today, took a while to get used to it but its a tough little peice of equipment. only 2 channels, infra red with digital trim.

im pretty sure its a bit smaller than the pico-z, but ive only seen once pico, up on the very top shelf of a t’r’u store for a very brief glimpse.

for $50 from a jaycar it was expensive, but it was great to be able to really have a good go on the demo heli before making the purchase.

its good at hovering but after breaking off the 2 “machine guns” at the front it needs more weight to get some tilt so it flies forward.

is there any similar sized 4 channel helis available that are really durable?

heres a link to a japanese site with pics of the heli-q

http://sa.item.rakuten.co.jp/e-eiko/a/10000222/result/

betty.k
      Participant

is there any similar sized 4 channel helis available that are really durable?

nup. the bigger they get the more breakable they get. and there’s nothing that size with full control. and the closest ones cost a bazillioin dollors anyway.

if you’ve really got the chopper bug then your next heli should be a 4ch counter rotating model like the medivac, esky lama, twister bell, etc.

also, when balancing your heli q, rather than “additive” balancing try “subtractive” balancing. eg: instead of adding weight to the front, remove weight from the back. :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

the tail end consists of a single metal wire, bcg size motor and stickers covering the metal frame. i could trim the stickers but i really dont want to mess with it.

i stuck in two jewellry pins, kinda like u nails but tiny steel at the front and it balanced out nicely. got some really nice extended flights indoors today.

flying is fun 🙂

even landed safely a few times.

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

micro mosquito is similar size and 3 channel I think. Doesn’t look much like a real heli though.

I’m sure someone here has one and can give more details.

z-beam
      Participant

micro mosquito… i saw it and bought one yesterday… great fun and a lot more enjoyable having the extra control.

does “roll” around a bit after moving forwards, but i guess its a challenge of the design.

quite a bit heavier than the heli-q, the throttle is touchier as well. lots more power+lots more weight= funfunfun.

and those eye headlights are great 🙂

<hooke d on choppers now i guess.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.