HELLLLPPP!!!!-Extremely Weak Steering

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Check that the magnet is glued securley to the plastic piece. Thencheck that there is no metal pieces stuck on or around the magnet. Other then that, my best guess is that you might have a faulty transistor (those small black things down the side of the circuit board) that’s not giving full battery voltage to the coil. If you have a soldering iron, try swapping the wires on the circuit board for Left and Right. Then try your car out again. Of course left and right controlls will be opposite but if the car turns left strong and right week then you know you have a PC board problem. If the car still turns right strong and left weak then you know you have a steering linkage or magnatizm or coil problem.

Hope you figure it out. I’d hate to see a 3 day oldbit-frisbie!

Admin
      Participant

I had a similar experience with one of the cheaper “OEM” cars………I pulled apart the steering – and noticed that the magnet had a tonne of glue and rubbish all over it!!

I simply got some elecctrical contact cleaner on a rag – and cleaned the offending area. It is somewhat better now – hoever not as good as the “REAL” Bit Char G’s…..

I am intersted in the fact that adding a small stip of metal improved the responce – very interesting !!

Cheers

Darryn

Admin
      Participant

I’ve got the same problem. Mine just started last night. Although it still turns pretty sharply in both directionswhen its actually in motion, when I hold it in my handand Ilift the car up and do a right tap on the controls the front wheels click right in a strong manner. When I click left, the wheels respond in a really weak manner as if there is only half power going tothe left coil.

Did you ever solve your problem?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.