HELP

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      TORETTO
      Participant

I need some help on getting into the Nitro RC scene. I dont know much about these cars and dont know what to buy or where to start. I have noticed cars start at $500 brand new in hobby shops. I want one for the road not OFF ROAD. Can someone let me know what to look for and what NOT to buy.

Star Guitar
      Participant

take a look at http://www.nitroreview.com they have like 300 and sumthin reviews on nitro cars and its got offroad and onroad nitro cars so that might help a little bit.

also http://www.wildhobbies.com and http://www.rccaraction.com have loads of reviews on many onroad cars and they have a good amount of nitro touring car reviews as well.

i dont drive on road cars but i no theres other guys on here that no more about the touring cars but check out those 3 sites that might help u a little bit although the reviews on nitroreview.com arent the best out there because firstly they are just reviews from anyone thats got a car they wanna review and put up onto the site and a lot of people say that one car isnt good yet others say it is so the reviews can be kinda confusing.

Hope this helps a litte.

KingRX7
      Participant

RCCA is biast to any truck/car that has a lot of ads and they never say a car is crap they always say its good. I would go for a NTC3 kit it has 2speed. Or the hpi rs4 ss is a nice one too. But of course for more pro racing the R40 or serpents or mugens would be the choice.

TORETTO
      Participant

Hey thanks guys for the help, one more question…is it wise to buy new or second hand?

peedee
      Participant

nah i wouldnt buy second hand nitro as you dont know how they have maintaned it… as for 500aud car is that rtr or kit if rtr it cant be that good i agree with kingrx7 the nitro tc3 is a very good car you should try looking at (http://www.towerhobbies.com) they have very good prices compared to aud hobbystores you should check it out get one sent from the us in some cases u may save up to 500aud

Star Guitar
      Participant

i agree with peedee on the second hand nitro cars since as peedee said u dont no how they have maintained the car such as the receiver or radio gear could be malfunctioning, the fuel lines or fuel tank could have cracks and tears in it and the motor could possibly be dead. Also there could be stripped gears in the gearbox.

yes towerhobbies is extremely cheap with their cars since it is from america and u could buy a car that is like 1500 aus from an aus hobby shop or u could by that same car for like 700 or so including shipping and u save a lot of money. i am currently in the process of saving for a hpi savage .21 which is 680 aus dollars from towerhobbies including shipping whereas from down the road at mr toys its like 1500.

hope this all helps u and have fun with whatever car u decide to buy.

I surpose a second hand nitro would be alright if it was from someone that u new and u new that they maintained it extremely well.

Edited by – Star Guitar on 22 September 2003 16:55:50

TORETTO
      Participant

Ok guys help me out, i went to a hobby shop ready to buy, the guy suggested a TAMIYA Wrx its $499 he will do it $530 with fuel batteries etc. What do you think of this brand?

Star Guitar
      Participant

well tamiya are a very reliable brand although i dunno which model u mean since i noticed on the tamiya site in the rc section they have a few different wrc models im presuming of course that you made a typo there with the wrx.

they are a reliable brand and usually have a huge amount of replacement parts in stock at most lhs.

you could always get a nitro car off http://www.towerhobbies.com and maybe get like a team associated or a losi (not sure if they have on road cars) for about 300 – 400 aus $ from the site but it would take around 2 – 6 weeks to get to you.

KingRX7
      Participant

Team Losi doesnt have a nitro onroad but they do have electric. I have the feeling they will be making a nitro onroad soon. And star guitar i would go with the savage .25 that is coming out soon its rtr but better quality than the savage .21 kit. Ebay is a good site there are tons of good deals there. Sure you may get a used car but hey you can buy the ntc3 kit for 300.00 with nothing but the kit you will need radio and engine. Or you can get one with everything for 300.00 and the motor probably will have about half life on it. Just make sure there are not many scratches on the chassis thats a good sign of wear.

peedee
      Participant

No that WRX one that you are talking about is very good for bashin as tamiya make some of the strongest rc cars out there i was when shopping for my car lookin at that but then went to electric. Its the tgx or sumin like that, very good strong car

Star Guitar
      Participant
      Quote:
      And star guitar i would go with the savage .25 that is coming out soon its rtr but better quality than the savage .21 kit.

i was thinking of getting the savage .25 but since its like 100 aus $ more i might be restricted to getting the .21 but i want to have my car for the xmas holidays so i have like 8 weeks to save up and then i have to order it and im not sure if the air postage on towerhobbies can go to anywhere outside the u.s but if it can then i will have a lot longer to save up. King rx7 do you know if towerhobbies are able to air freight it to anywhere outside of the usa?

Keymaster

Tower definately do a form of Air shipping – At leats it’s always come up for me looking at ‘lectric stuff.

You may have th odd situation that they won’t ship the trucks by air due to weight or something silly….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Star Guitar
      Participant

oh sweet im gonna get me new truck by air then but i might find sumone else to pay the shippin hehe (mum and dad :>) so it’ll all be good

i personally think 6 weeks is a little long to wait for a nice big truck im sure the offroad guys will agree with me that theyd rather get the truck out and runnin straight when they order it rather than waitin for 6 weeks to go bashin.

Keymaster

No-one wants to wait… heck you should see me at the moment. I ordered my new 1:1 on Tuesday a week and a bit ago… Got a call Friday saying it’s in stock… Now a week after that Friday and I’m getting all twitchy waiting for the baby to be delivered to me…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Star Guitar
      Participant

lol yes no one wants to wait these days but i bet you wont wanna get it dirty when you first get it and you’ll always be cleanin it aye?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.